I think he once wrestled a Bear. I know he rubbed some the wrong way with his bombastic style, but I always liked his willingness to have an opinion even if it wasn’t always a popular take. A Chicago legend. RIP Chester.Just saw the sad news regarding Chet Coppock. I had some brief interactions with him back in the day. He was a good guy who always had a soft spot for the Cats. He was a big fan of Coach Barnett. Chet will be missed. RIP.
Just saw the sad news regarding Chet Coppock. I had some brief interactions with him back in the day. He was a good guy who always had a soft spot for the Cats. He was a big fan of Coach Barnett. Chet will be missed. RIP.
Didn’t SNL run a spoof of him many years ago, when Second City alums dominated the show? I remember a skit from some show on “Chet Chit-Chat” from a while back.
Great Chicago broadcaster, and sad to read this news.
"Chet Chit-Chat" was parody by Bruce Wolf, not SNL
Wildcat Report
Northwestern frees OC Chip Kelly to go outside-the-box with creative offense
Wildcat Report
'The atmosphere was unbelievable': Visiting prospects rave about the new Ryan Field
Rivals Football Recruiting
WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
Wildcat Report
Notebook: Braun looks to keep focus on Ball State after big Penn State win
On3 Football
David Braun on Big Ten not receiving same respect as SEC in AP Poll: 'Check the receipts'