This kind of stuff is just hard to understand. Unless he doesn't see himself getting on the field , but there is certainly opportunity. Almost seems like guys like this don't want to compete, but they'll have the same thing elsewhere unless they move down. It would be hard to believe that he's getting any real money, and its pretty much a fact IF you start for Phil at DB you'll get a shot in the league. I can't remember the last starting DB that didn't get at minimum a FA shot in the league, and most get drafted.FR corner entering the portal
It does make you wonder what is driving this young mans decision. Maybe he is put off by Iowa looking at experienced DBs to bring in from the transfer portal? To your point, Iowa is a desirable destination for a DB.This kind of stuff is just hard to understand. Unless he doesn't see himself getting on the field , but there is certainly opportunity. Almost seems like guys like this don't want to compete, but they'll have the same thing elsewhere unless they move down. It would be hard to believe that he's getting any real money, and its pretty much a fact IF you start for Phil at DB you'll get a shot in the league. I can't remember the last starting DB that didn't get at minimum a FA shot in the league, and most get drafted.
This is where I’m at. I think they’re trying to open up slots.Coaches may also recommend that he transfer too
Have you seen all the OSU guys hitting the portal!?! It’s everywhere!This kind of stuff is just hard to understand. Unless he doesn't see himself getting on the field , but there is certainly opportunity. Almost seems like guys like this don't want to compete, but they'll have the same thing elsewhere unless they move down. It would be hard to believe that he's getting any real money, and its pretty much a fact IF you start for Phil at DB you'll get a shot in the league. I can't remember the last starting DB that didn't get at minimum a FA shot in the league, and most get drafted.
Kids these days have an attention span of a gnat….follow the bouncing ball or in their case the moving screen cursor!
Sure but next to being TEU, were damn near DBU and we have a clean slate for playing time behind Phils tutalage.....Have you seen all the OSU guys hitting the portal!?! It’s everywhere!
ThisIt seemed like Wallace, Watson, and Godfrey were all ahead of him. This is like a CFB fan these days
For upper class men maybe but I don’t believe Iowa would send a freshman packing.This is where I’m at. I think they’re trying to open up slots.
Yes. Imagine just being able to buy a condo coming out of college. Talk about a head start in life.I don't know how much these yutes are making at their current schools but if I suspected not making an nfl team after graduation I might try to squeeze a few hundred thou more out of my college career if I could.
On3 Football
Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
Hawkeye Report Football
ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa
Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting
Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell
Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting
Iowa Hawkeyes Football Recruiting: Weekend Preview
Rivals Football Recruiting
Nation's No. 5 linebacker Brodie Metzger back in Iowa City, Hawkeyes among his early favorites