CJ Gettys

higgins3

All-Conference
Dec 15, 2012
7,319
2,434
113
Sports are not complicated. Its matchups, and playing the game the way it was intended to play.

Gettys had a decent matchup tonight. I am happy for him.
 

Ray6232010

Senior
Jun 23, 2001
4,483
739
57
I'm not going to trash the kid. But I'll let just say what I said in the being that it.
 

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,019
16,811
113
Not one RU MBB fan should expect CJ to remind us of
Clyde Lovellette and his offensive play that helped win a NC while at Kansas or Darrall Imhoff’s defensive play while a member of California’s Championship team.
Gettys was brought in as a big body to take up space , use his experience and do what he can until Diallo and/or Doorson develop enough to handle the majority of
minuets at the 5 spot.
I think Gettys is doing what Pikiell expected him to do when CJ was brought into the program and that’s why Pike is playing him .
No one should consider CJ be more than he was brought in to be, not be a cross between Imhoff and Lovellette or Bill Russell & Wilt the Stilt
 

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Heisman
Jul 31, 2011
33,091
38,059
113
I am still confused why Gettys is playing outside so much. Whatever happened to playing Inside - Out ??
 

Ray6232010

Senior
Jun 23, 2001
4,483
739
57
Not one RU MBB fan should expect CJ to remind us of
Clyde Lovellette and his offensive play that helped win a NC while at Kansas or Darrall Imhoff’s defensive play while a member of California’s Championship team.
Gettys was brought in as a big body to take up space , use his experience and do what he can until Diallo and/or Doorson develop enough to handle the majority of
minuets at the 5 spot.
I think Gettys is doing what Pikiell expected him to do when CJ was brought into the program and that’s why Pike is playing him .
No one should consider CJ be more than he was brought in to be, not be a cross between Imhoff and Lovellette or Bill Russell & Wilt the Stilt
Thanks I didn't know that
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game
  3. 03 The Knight Report Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Hot Seat: USA Today identifies coaches facing mounting pressure
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Four