Concerning the foul at the end of the Iowa UConn game last night

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
It was a foul, plain and simple and yes it should have been called at that point in the game. I saw someone on TV saying that it didn’t directly impact the play, so it shouldn’t have been called. Taking out a defender to give your best player an open shot is directly impacting the play.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
don't know, don't care
Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
I take back what I said about girls sports , that game was excellent. Ending that way sucked and the pick had no bearing on the play. A travesty
A foul in the first minute of the game should also be a foul in the last few seconds of the game. I’ll take Rebecca Lobo’s view of the play over yours. By the way, how big of a lead did UConn blow?

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Regardless of my rooting interest, I try to be as objective as I can when it comes to officiating. Here, I would not have made the call, but I have no problem that it was made. That said, overall, I think the officiating favored Iowa and the officials knew more people would watch the Championship if Clark were in it. I will add my belief that if it was Iowa trying to take the last shot that foul would not have been called.

PSU1969A

Nov 3, 2021
I've viewed the play from several angles. Edwards was moving; I counted two steps; she also gave a forearm shiver with her left arm.

Referees call them like they see them. Some like the call others don't.

Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I've viewed the play from several angles. Edwards was moving; I counted two steps; she also gave a forearm shiver with her left arm.

Referees call them like they see them. Some like the call others don't.
This is the last word for me.

Reactions: FHSPSU67

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Regardless of my rooting interest, I try to be as objective as I can when it comes to officiating. Here, I would not have made the call, but I have no problem that it was made. That said, overall, I think the officiating favored Iowa and the officials knew more people would watch the Championship if Clark were in it. I will add my belief that if it was Iowa trying to take the last shot that foul would not have been called.
A conspiracy! Lol

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Yep that must be it. Game rigged so Iowa wins. UConn blowing a lead had nothing to do with the outcome. Geez.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I watched both games last night. For what it’s worth (nothing), nc state-cocks looked a lot like girl’s basketball ( o_O ) several times throughout the game. Airballs, layups hitting the bottom of the rim, sh|t ball. By contrast, uconn-iowa looked like basketball. Better shooting, great passes, quality play.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
A conspiracy! Lol
I did not say, nor do I believe, there was a conspiracy. I am not suggesting that any of the officials went into the game with the intent to give it to Iowa. What I am suggesting is human nature. As the old saying goes, "The Supreme Court reads the election returns ". If you think officials are never influenced by outside interests, most often indirectly, then I am the one that is laughing.

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
Wait! This discussion is about girl's basketball? Basketball is soft enough with 'men'...girl basketball? LMAO!

tkmtr14

Oct 31, 2021
Supposedly, once the screeners legs go wider than her hips/shoulders, it's technically illegal.(Referees came and explained that to my Daughters team before the season this year) Plus, she was moving. Slow motion leaves no doubt that she was moving. But, a tough call for sure. No tougher that Caitlyn dropping her shoulder in the lane and creating space for a 12 foot jumper. A big no call. Either way, Alyah Edwards needed to recognize that her girl left her to jump Paige on the pass. If she slipt that screen, she had at least an open foul line jumper if not a lay up. A great game to watch. Any basketball fan should have enjoyed it. Without crazy heroics,(Hello Caitlyn) I'm not sure either of these teams have the depth and size inside to stay with South Carolina.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I did not say, nor do I believe, there was a conspiracy. I am not suggesting that any of the officials went into the game with the intent to give it to Iowa. What I am suggesting is human nature. As the old saying goes, "The Supreme Court reads the election returns ". If you think officials are never influenced by outside interests, most often indirectly, then I am the one that is laughing.
I think boss is a wrestling official, let’s ask him

Reactions: fairgambit

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Wait! This discussion is about girl's basketball? Basketball is soft enough with 'men'...girl basketball? LMAO!
That’s the first women’s game in any sport I ever watched wire to wire. The most surprising thing about girls hoops to me is how much difficulty they had, both teams, finishing at the basket. Some of that schit they were throwing up would get you banned from a pick up game

Reactions: Phoenix lion