Congratulations to our alumni association are in order.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

”Throughout our history, the Penn State Alumni Association has strived to create an inclusive environment for all alumni,” said Paul Clifford, CEO of the Penn State Alumni Association. “This award is a recognition of the progress we have made on our DEIB journey and an acknowledgment that our work in this space is never-ending. When we say "WE Are" we mean all Penn Staters.”

I know I feel included, as do people who look like me.

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021

”Throughout our history, the Penn State Alumni Association has strived to create an inclusive environment for all alumni,” said Paul Clifford, CEO of the Penn State Alumni Association. “This award is a recognition of the progress we have made on our DEIB journey and an acknowledgment that our work in this space is never-ending. When we say "WE Are" we mean all Penn Staters.”

I wonder how long Diversity Magazine has been in publication because when you read this blurb:

The Penn State Alumni Association will be featured, along with 31 other recipients, in the June 2024 issue of Insight Into Diversity magazine.

It's not like we were the only single winner of the award for this year. If they need to find 32 winners every year: you start running out of groups to nominate for this award..... just saying.....

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I wonder how long Diversity Magazine has been in publication because when you read this blurb:

The Penn State Alumni Association will be featured, along with 31 other recipients, in the June 2024 issue of Insight Into Diversity magazine.

It's not like we were the only single winner of the award for this year. If they need to find 32 winners every year: you start running out of groups to nominate for this award..... just saying.....

Maybe PSU is poised to build a diversity dynasty.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021

And, you nominate yourself. How cool is that!

"The inaugural Insight Into Diversity Alumni Association Inclusive Excellence Award recognizes your alumni association’s commitment to encouraging a sense of belonging, connection, and community for all of your institution’s alumni, regardless of racial or ethnic background, sexual or gender identity, religion, socioeconomic status, worldview, and more.

Apply today, and tell us about your efforts to celebrate the diversity of your alumni, and your plans for the future.

The application deadline for this year’s award was March 15, 2024. The 2024 Alumni Association Inclusive Excellence Award winners will be notified by April 1, 2024, and recipients will be announced in our June 2024 issue."

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Magazine claims to be 50 years old. Can't say how long they've been giving awards.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
And, you nominate yourself. How cool is that!

"The inaugural Insight Into Diversity Alumni Association Inclusive Excellence Award recognizes your alumni association’s commitment to encouraging a sense of belonging, connection, and community for all of your institution’s alumni, regardless of racial or ethnic background, sexual or gender identity, religion, socioeconomic status, worldview, and more.

Apply today, and tell us about your efforts to celebrate the diversity of your alumni, and your plans for the future.

The application deadline for this year’s award was March 15, 2024. The 2024 Alumni Association Inclusive Excellence Award winners will be notified by April 1, 2024, and recipients will be announced in our June 2024 issue."
Self-nominated.. Awards are made two weeks after the deadline. Either there are a lot of hamsters slaving away or few applicants. I'll just come right down to it: crock of ****.

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021

Having just one winner wouldn't be very inclusive or belonging now would it?

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
SO, the fundraising arm the pretends to be for the Alumni is nice and diverse as well as being a tool of the insiders- that's just swell if you ask me. Really swell.

Anon1648262989

Mar 25, 2022

LOL people actually think such programs were started for what they claim or suppose to accomplish.

Reactions: Bison13

Latest posts