Cowardly Punks, punching women on NYC streets.

Snake006

Joined Aug 7, 2007
Jan 31, 2022
They are sneaking up behind women and sucker punching them in the head trying to knock them out.
Doubt any of these cowards would try that crap in a southern town.

Reactions: Tngamecock

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
They are sneaking up behind women and sucker punching them in the head trying to knock them out.
You haven't been in the school system lately. These kids do not care and they live to do stupid ish on Social Media. I live in a Southern town. I have not seen the sucker punch to try to knock women out, but I have some things just as bad or worse.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

I am grateful my family moved to the south when I was young. Moved back for a job once, and couldn't move south fast enough after that.

Feb 24, 2024
You haven't been in the school system lately. These kids do not care and they live to do stupid ish on Social Media. I live in a Southern town. I have not seen the sucker punch to try to knock women out, but I have some things just as bad or worse.
This happens everywhere around the world. The tactics look necessarily different locale by locale as criminals look for opportunity. I was in San Francisco a few weeks ago, Las Vegas in a few weeks, New York City the week after that, London a few weeks after that. I never feel unsafe any of those places, but I always watch my back. Just like I do in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Columbia, Charlotte, Hartsville, or anywhere. Even in my own suburban "idyllic" neighborhood whether I'm out for a run or pulling weeds in the front yard.

Bad **** happens everywhere because bad people exploit opportunities in harmful manners by definition.

Reactions: suncock

Snake006

Joined Aug 7, 2007
Jan 31, 2022
This happens everywhere around the world. The tactics look necessarily different locale by locale as criminals look for opportunity. I was in San Francisco a few weeks ago, Las Vegas in a few weeks, New York City the week after that, London a few weeks after that. I never feel unsafe any of those places, but I always watch my back. Just like I do in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Columbia, Charlotte, Hartsville, or anywhere. Even in my own suburban "idyllic" neighborhood whether I'm out for a run or pulling weeds in the front yard.

Bad **** happens everywhere because bad people exploit opportunities in harmful manners by definition.
True, bad things happen everywhere. But in the new "no bail" big city's that put the criminal right back on the street, the punks have little fear of doing time.

Reactions: JoelKL65
Feb 24, 2024
True, bad things happen everywhere. But in the new "no bail" big city's that put the criminal right back on the street, the punks have little fear of doing time.
I agree that some policies that have popped up over the last 5-10 years seem like they're removing friction for street level crime. For example, a friend of mine in Austin had his car broken into - police told him they would not investigate because they are focusing resources on investigation and prevention of violent crime versus burglary (as opposed to robbery, where the victim is actually accosted). Thieves in Austin seem to know they can target empty cars and have lower risk of being prosecuted. That's frustrating to me.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Nope, the cowardly punks in SC don’t beat up on strangers, they do it to their wives, daughters and girlfriends. Then just laugh, shrug and say “She had it coming.” Our state’s record on domestic violence is wretched.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022

Meanwhile in cities in California vans of looters carry phones and calculators with them so they don't go over the $ amount needed for prosecution.
There is no "fear" of prosecution or of consequence in big liberal cities.
Just like there is no fear of consequences to the children growing up in those cities. Good and bad.

Reactions: AngloCock

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Nope, the cowardly punks in SC don’t beat up on strangers, they do it to their wives, daughters and girlfriends. Then just laugh, shrug and say “She had it coming.” Our state’s record on domestic violence is wretched.
Not sure how the two are related.
Are you in favor of bringing the ''no bail'' policies which prevent effective police action and the rampant street crime of NYC/CA to SC?

Reactions: Tngamecock

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
You can thank the radical Democrats for letting people who should be locked up instead be out on the streets. The guy who killed the NY cop had 26 arrests are something like that. Biden out raising money while Trump goes the the wake. The Dems are now the party of the elite and don’t care about the average citizen. All the $$$ they are spending on people they allow to enter the country illegally could be used instead to better the lives of others who were here legally. Biden should be impeached just on not enforcing the border. He is pathetic.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
You can thank the radical Democrats for letting people who should be locked up instead be out on the streets. The guy who killed the NY cop had 26 arrests are something like that. Biden out raising money while Trump goes the the wake. The Dems are now the party of the elite and don’t care about the average citizen. All the $$$ they are spending on people they allow to enter the country illegally could be used instead to better the lives of others who were here legally. Biden should be impeached just on not enforcing the border. He is pathetic.
I know the media does their best to hide this stuff, but people need to wake up as the country is being systematically taken down.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Not sure how the two are related.
Are you in favor of bringing the ''no bail'' policies which prevent effective police action and the rampant street crime of NYC/CA to SC?
My point is we think violence against women is somewhere else. In Big cities, other regions when our state is one of the worst states about violence to women in the country. We look down our noses at violence in other places and glibly say, “Try that in a small southern town.”

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
So again, not related.

Back to the original topic. Yes, I do believe someone sucker punching a woman in a southern town would get a different reaction than in NYC. While you still may have some NY-ish responses of pulling out phones to record, I'd wager you get a lot more intervention in a southern town.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I know the media does their best to hide this stuff, but people need to wake up as the country is being systematically taken down.
No, everything is fine. Border, nothing to see here. Crime, we laugh at crime. Just have a latte and chill at Starbucks. Life will work itself out. (and u know I'm kidding I hope:))

SuperCock99

Dec 11, 2023
It’s called the knock out game. Typically the target is going to be someone off guard, weak in stature and of a different race.

Last edited:

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Southern town???
Umm, have you seen the crime stats in Mobile, Little Rock, New Orleans, Houston, Nashville, Columbia, et al? It’s probably worse in the South.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Hyperbole! Hyperbole! Hyperbole! Broad strokes!

Y’all need to go outside and experience some of the real world. You’ll realize things aren’t even 100th as bad as it comes out of your computer screens.

Clemson86

Mar 6, 2022
Liberal policies led to a large ginger ogre stealing $11 million and murdering his wife and son. No wait, that was uber-conservative Hampton County. But yeah being punched is bad.

AngloCock

Aug 14, 2023
My point is we think violence against women is somewhere else. In Big cities, other regions when our state is one of the worst states about violence to women in the country. We look down our noses at violence in other places and glibly say, “Try that in a small southern town.”
Domestic violence is not worse here than big cities. Sorry.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Southern town???
Umm, have you seen the crime stats in Mobile, Little Rock, New Orleans, Houston, Nashville, Columbia, et al? It’s probably worse in the South.
Have you seen the stats on the number of illegals now residing in Mobile, Little Rock, New Orleans, Houston, Nashville, Columbia?

Reactions: Evilchicken

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Domestic violence is not worse here than big cities. Sorry.
Keep telling yourself that

South Carolina reported a domestic violence rate of 42.3%, putting it in the sixth position. Missouri, Illinois, Washington, and Arkansas were also included in the top ten states with considerable rates of domestic violence ranging from 40.8% to 41.8%. States with the Highest Rate of Domestic Violence: Kentucky - 45.3%
1711839066874.png
https://www.datapandas.org › dom...

Domestic Violence By State 2024 - Data Pandas

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Keep telling yourself that

South Carolina reported a domestic violence rate of 42.3%, putting it in the sixth position. Missouri, Illinois, Washington, and Arkansas were also included in the top ten states with considerable rates of domestic violence ranging from 40.8% to 41.8%. States with the Highest Rate of Domestic Violence: Kentucky - 45.3%
View attachment 548941
https://www.datapandas.org › dom...

Domestic Violence By State 2024 - Data Pandas

New York being near the bottom probably has more to do with under-reporting it than superior societal cohesion.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
It’s almost like talking about an uncommon problem to ignore an everyday problem

Exactly, changing the topic, to divert from talking about the original one.

Now, what was that original topic, before the deflections? Oh yeah, the "knockout" game, and how it would be reacted to in a southern town.

Last edited: