Crowd Left at Half

catfans5

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2011
2,167
115
63
About 25 percent of the west stands left at half. No rain yet. Tons of Purple seat backs are empty. No reason to stay with a terrible product.
 

catfans5

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2011
2,167
115
63
At the end of 3rd quarter, 50 percent of the NU fans in the west stands have left.
 

lunker35

Junior
Jan 1, 2010
5,707
231
62
About 25 percent of the west stands left at half. No rain yet. Tons of Purple seat backs are empty. No reason to stay with a terrible product.
Iowa fans were leaving around me too. They flat out said there is not a chance you’re scoring with the play calling we have. I couldn’t disagree.
 

Alvious

Senior
Sep 6, 2010
2,691
421
83
I waited to see who started the 2nd half at qb. When I saw #11 trot out on the field, I made my way to the Metra platform to catch the early train home.
 

Pukecat

Redshirt
Sep 30, 2018
615
0
0
I waited to see who started the 2nd half at qb. When I saw #11 trot out on the field, I made my way to the Metra platform to catch the early train home.

He is not good but don’t you think we are piling it on a bit? The receivers are bad and the line doesn’t belong in the Big Ten either.
 
Nov 20, 2004
1,900
251
83
Iowa fans were leaving around me too. They flat out said there is not a chance you’re scoring with the play calling we have. I couldn’t disagree.
The Iowa team knew they were going to win in the first half. If there was any doubt they would have gone for it on 4th and 1 when they had it on our side, as opposed to taking the delay and punting.
 

TerraCat

Redshirt
Jun 19, 2001
1,255
37
48
If this continues, the monetary cost to NU will force Phillips to do something. He would never fire Fitz, but you can bet he sees what is going on...
 

GECat2

Junior
Oct 8, 2012
1,993
262
83
I left at halftime. My son will be flying in to go to the UMASS game. I have no interest in going to the other two games.
 

Alvious

Senior
Sep 6, 2010
2,691
421
83
He is not good but don’t you think we are piling it on a bit? The receivers are bad and the line doesn’t belong in the Big Ten either.
It's nothing against Smith. But it's nuts to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
 

Fanaticat98

Senior
May 29, 2001
9,309
926
113
I stuck it out till the final snap, but I was fortunate to have bought seats under the upper deck overhang. And I had picked up the free ponchos from Wildcat Alley for the walk back
 

DrillCat

Freshman
Sep 22, 2005
4,532
80
0
I left right after singing the alma mater. It was a sad game to watch.
My wife and I left soon after as well.
We came in from LA for this game. Came in late Friday afternoon then headed back to the airport Sunday early morning.
It was my first time ever to leave the game early. I’ve witnessed cats play some real pathetic games in my life but this topped it all.
I still bleed purple and love Fitz but I bleed a little less every time Fitz says some stupid craps about the fans. #FireMcCall
 

PurpleFaze

Freshman
Jan 9, 2019
1,363
62
48
There will be almost nobody in stands vs Purdue, Minnesota or UMass

The UMASS game will be empty since I can't imagine UMASS will have many fans in attendance. Unless NU fans decide that is the one game we might get to see a win and everybody shows up
 

Williesfan

Freshman
Sep 24, 2009
2,744
54
0
If it wasn’t for the players I say let’s make a statement for UMass. Everybody just stay home let the stadium be empty.
 

CappyNU

Senior
Mar 2, 2004
5,348
664
113
I've left early the past 3 home games when it's become apparent that there was no chance the team was coming back. I'm not attending the UMass game because there's no point, but it would sure be nice to be able to stay the whole time against Purdue and Minny.
 

hdhntr1

All-Conference
Sep 5, 2006
38,522
1,455
113
I've left early the past 3 home games when it's become apparent that there was no chance the team was coming back. I'm not attending the UMass game because there's no point, but it would sure be nice to be able to stay the whole time against Purdue and Minny.
And after.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  4. 04 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13