Dana Altman

Tsawvell55

Senior
Jul 2, 2025
510
730
93
This NIL I think helped this decision. I know the coach at Villanova said **** it. Way too many variables today who leaves who stays how much denaro for Johnny and how much for Marcus. Now do I have enough payroll for the rest of the team. Off season seems now like a dream. There’s no ****** off season. College is no more this has turned into a meat market. Show me the money before the tour then and only then I’ll feel the love.
 

iahawkeyes17

All-Conference
Apr 22, 2014
865
2,173
83
I can’t believe he lasted this long at Oregon … a lot of money pumped into that program and last season they were 12-20 …
If you look at his run at Oregon it was pretty darn good. 4 conf title with some tournament ones and 1 final 4. Of all the seasons there starting in 10’ only 2x he finished under .500 in conference play. His first and last seasons, so last year was not the norm and that team had lot of injuries. Combine his Oregon and Creighton years was a really great 30 year run.
 

BigDonkey

Sophomore
Jul 3, 2025
76
121
33
I remember his name being mentioned for Iowa back when they hired McCaffrey. I think he was on the candidate list at that time.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,404
9,516
113
 

Max Rebo

All-Conference
Dec 31, 2022
830
2,273
93
I remember his name being mentioned for Iowa back when they hired McCaffrey. I think he was on the candidate list at that time.
I think it was when we hired Lickliter, in 2007. Altman's name came up a bunch, but he apparently was never contacted. That's when Altman ended up landing at Arkansas, only to back out of the job a day or so later. But he did give the world one of the cringiest introductory press conferences of all time.
 

HawksRule25

All-American
Sep 8, 2023
5,464
7,631
113
I think it was when we hired Lickliter, in 2007. Altman's name came up a bunch, but he apparently was never contacted. That's when Altman ended up landing at Arkansas, only to back out of the job a day or so later. But he did give the world one of the cringiest introductory press conferences of all time.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Max Rebo

Ozzie89

All-Conference
Dec 14, 2006
102,866
4,236
113
I think it was when we hired Lickliter, in 2007. Altman's name came up a bunch, but he apparently was never contacted. That's when Altman ended up landing at Arkansas, only to back out of the job a day or so later. But he did give the world one of the cringiest introductory press conferences of all time.

Rumors were he really wanted it after Dr Tom too, but rumors. Who knows🤷‍♂️
 
  • Like
Reactions: Max Rebo
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Live from the Press Box
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report No longer a secret, Ava Heiden has emerged as a national name
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Jeremy Hecklinski set to start at Washington
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Olympics Schedule Surveillance: 2026-27 Iowa women's wrestling
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Game Preview: Iowa vs. Washington