Depth Chart

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
IMG_6009.jpeg
One thing that caught my eye is that Keenan Nelson being the starter at Nick. That means he simply beat out a Vet. That’s a positive sign

Backyard Archer

Joined Aug 15, 2017
Jan 18, 2022
One thing that caught my eye is that Keenan Nelson being the starter at Nick. That means he simply beat out a Vet. That’s a positive sign
That's the first thing I noticed, Spaulding was pretty good last year I thought so Nelson must be playing good ball. Also noticed that all the DEs and OLBs are listed as OR, could have a true freshman starting in Umeozulu.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I know we’ve heard a lot about Dak at RB, but this still surprises me as JuJu has played the position and started a lot of games there.

When healthy last season, Dak was dangerous every time he touched the ball. Could see a bunch of passes out of the backfield if he can stay healthy and we can have a decent run game at all. Both of those will be tall tasks in my opinion.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
I know we’ve heard a lot about Dak at RB, but this still surprises me as JuJu has played the position and started a lot of games there.

When healthy last season, Dak was dangerous every time he touched the ball. Could see a bunch of passes out of the backfield if he can stay healthy and we can have a decent run game at all. Both of those will be tall tasks in my opinion.
Wish we gave him a chance at QB over Hill in 2020

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Maybe. Joyner just didn’t seem that great until that Dukes Mayo Bowl. Didn’t seem quick. Didn’t throw well. I don’t think he was ever really healthy. Since that game, everything he touches has been gold. A lot of it is just growing up and maturing. I’m not sure he was ready for that job in 2020.

Last edited:

stormtrooper2001

Garnet Trust Supporter
Nov 30, 2022
Maybe. Joyner just didn’t seem that great until that Dukes Mayo Bowl. Didn’t seem quick. Didn’t throw well. I don’t think he was ever really healthy. Since that game, everything he touches has been gold. A lot of it is just growing up and maturing. I’m not sure he was ready for that job in 2020.

Joyner did well when we upset Georgia in 2019.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Joyner did well when we upset Georgia in 2019.
Eh. He did enough. Defense held on for the win. Joyner was 6/12 for 39 yards. Our coaches didn’t exactly put the ball in his hands to win it or lose it. He came into the game in the 3rd quarter and the only points we put on the scoreboard with him in the game was the FG in OT.

Not bashing Joyner. As I mentioned above, he’s got the Midas touch since the Dukes Mayo Bowl.

Reactions: scbeachboy

stormtrooper2001

Garnet Trust Supporter
Nov 30, 2022
Eh. He did enough. Defense held on for the win. Joyner was 6/12 for 39 yards. Our coaches didn’t exactly put the ball in his hands to win it or lose it. He came into the game in the 3rd quarter and the only points we put on the scoreboard with him in the game was the FG in OT.

Not bashing Joyner. As I mentioned above, he’s got the Midas touch since the Dukes Mayo Bowl.

That's fair

Cocky Hobbit

Joined Dec 15, 2014
Feb 1, 2022

I think Mario Anderson is going to be a third guy in the rotation.

Mauze1

Joined Jul 11, 2012
Jan 20, 2022
That's the first thing I noticed, Spaulding was pretty good last year I thought so Nelson must be playing good ball. Also noticed that all the DEs and OLBs are listed as OR, could have a true freshman starting in Umeozulu.
Hasn’t Spaulding been recovering from an injury?
He has had many chances. We have had two coaching staffs who thought the same thing.