Did Gordon's mom really get thrown out?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Spiderformsu posted it last night but no one responded with a story about it. Then while looking to see what Vols fans were saying about booing Gorden when hurt, I saw the following post over on the Vandy Rivals board.

Anyone know the story behind Gordon's mom's altercation?

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="top" width="125" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><span class="nickname"><a rel="nofollow" style="TEXT-DECORATION: none"><font color="#000000">sinatra dore</font></a></span><font size="1">
<font color="#000000" size="3"> </font>
Post #<font color="#000000">197</font>
<font color="#000000">MyFanPage</font>
<font color="#000000">Add Buddy</font></font></td> <td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="top"><font size="2">Boo-ing Gordon</font></td> <td class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="bottom" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"> <font face="verdana" size="1"><a><font face="verdana" color="#000000" size="2">Reply</font></a></font></td> </tr> </tbody> </table> _________________________________________________ <font size="2">Let me first say that I absolutely abhor any fan boo-ing and injured player....However, there is a bit more to the story for those that weren't there.

State had quite a few fans in attendance, maybe more than any other team this year. They were quite proud, as they should have been and were starting chants in the VU student section (I guess they bought the un-used student tickets). To top it off, Jamont Gordon had a lot of local support and it was a MUCH different crowd to say the least.

When State seemed to have the game in hand very late in the 2nd half, a Gordon fan decided to walk down to the VERY front of the student section and mock VU fans. There was no doubt he was a Gordon fan as he was letting it be known. Apparently, Gordon's mother had an altercation on the other side of the gym as well which resulted in removal. I think this situation added a little fuel to the fire that started a few minutes later.

When Gordon went down, I think our fans were pretty sub-dued for the first 4 or 5 minutes of getting his cramps attended to. There are always a few boos or 'get him off the court' from fans, but the yelling really didn't start until Stansbury came out to check on Gordon. He did actually walk near Gordon and glance at him, BUT HE IMMEDIATELY DECIDED TO WALK ONTO THE COURT, NEAR MIDCOURT AND TALK TO HIS TEAM. That action prompted the majority of the crowd to start in and it did get a little heated.

After being brought a drink, which Gordon sipped at mid-court, 2 players came out and carried him off the court. All 3 were smiling as it was a comical situation. Thank goodness Gordon wasn't hurt.
</font> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Spiderformsu posted it last night but no one responded with a story about it. Then while looking to see what Vols fans were saying about booing Gorden when hurt, I saw the following post over on the Vandy Rivals board.

Anyone know the story behind Gordon's mom's altercation?

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="top" width="125" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><span class="nickname"><a rel="nofollow" style="TEXT-DECORATION: none"><font color="#000000">sinatra dore</font></a></span><font size="1">
<font color="#000000" size="3"> </font>
Post #<font color="#000000">197</font>
<font color="#000000">MyFanPage</font>
<font color="#000000">Add Buddy</font></font></td> <td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="top"><font size="2">Boo-ing Gordon</font></td> <td class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" valign="bottom" nowrap="nowrap" align="right"> <font face="verdana" size="1"><a><font face="verdana" color="#000000" size="2">Reply</font></a></font></td> </tr> </tbody> </table> _________________________________________________ <font size="2">Let me first say that I absolutely abhor any fan boo-ing and injured player....However, there is a bit more to the story for those that weren't there.

State had quite a few fans in attendance, maybe more than any other team this year. They were quite proud, as they should have been and were starting chants in the VU student section (I guess they bought the un-used student tickets). To top it off, Jamont Gordon had a lot of local support and it was a MUCH different crowd to say the least.

When State seemed to have the game in hand very late in the 2nd half, a Gordon fan decided to walk down to the VERY front of the student section and mock VU fans. There was no doubt he was a Gordon fan as he was letting it be known. Apparently, Gordon's mother had an altercation on the other side of the gym as well which resulted in removal. I think this situation added a little fuel to the fire that started a few minutes later.

When Gordon went down, I think our fans were pretty sub-dued for the first 4 or 5 minutes of getting his cramps attended to. There are always a few boos or 'get him off the court' from fans, but the yelling really didn't start until Stansbury came out to check on Gordon. He did actually walk near Gordon and glance at him, BUT HE IMMEDIATELY DECIDED TO WALK ONTO THE COURT, NEAR MIDCOURT AND TALK TO HIS TEAM. That action prompted the majority of the crowd to start in and it did get a little heated.

After being brought a drink, which Gordon sipped at mid-court, 2 players came out and carried him off the court. All 3 were smiling as it was a comical situation. Thank goodness Gordon wasn't hurt.
</font> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
The Vandy fans were booing when it became apparent that Gordon's injury wasn't serious and we were treating him on the court instead of on the sidelines. At first I was pissed that they were booing, but after a while it did get ridiculous and we needed to get him off the court. The officials didn't know what to do. Eventually, Brian Johnson came over there and dragged him off. It was very strange.

TnDawg76

Feb 17, 2008
As I was leaving the game, a black lady was outside crying very loudly about being kicked out. Other people were consoling her. I only really did a double take when I realized she had Gordon's picture on her shirt. I guessed at the time she had gotten kicked out because she was trying to see what was wrong with her son. </p>

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
I hope we get to play those mother 17ers in Atlanta. I will dance in the aisles when one their guys goes down with an injury. Boo the guy when he gets hurt and then kick his mother out. Dayummm.

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
where you couldn't even extend your leg. You are NOT going to get up and walk off the court on it - I don't care how "strange" it seems.

The Vandy fans can go straight to hell.

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006
but booing the fact he stayed down on the court for five minutes, when it was obvious he wasn't really hurt?

AdamDawgDude

May 28, 2007
Optimus Prime 4 said:
but booing the fact he stayed down on the court for five minutes, when it was obvious he wasn't really hurt?

</p>He WAS really hurt. Leg cramps can last a long time and they hurt like hell.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
Yeah Jamont just thought he would take the last minute of the game off just for the hell of it. He really sold it. <sarcasm>

redfish66

Nov 15, 2005
Gordon was not really hurt but we wanted him to stay down so Stansbury could talk to our players. Nice strategy. Lets let our best player play like he is hurt so he has to leave the game the final 29 seconds. That is bunk. Gordon had cramps that kept him from bending his legs. that is why it took two State players to carry him off the court. I guarantee Gordon wanted to be out there the end of the game.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
MadDawg said:
where you couldn't even extend your leg. You are NOT going to get up and walk off the court on it - I don't care how "strange" it seems.

I agree. A severe leg cramp can be very painful and last a long time. Vandy fans can be terrible. They were the only ones in the conference that I can remember taunting Laurence Roberts about the Baylor situation. They were chanting "murderer" and had signs implying that he murdered his friend on the Baylor team.
</p>

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I didn't see the game, so I don't know how long he stayed down, but if he was down for about 5 minutes, that's a little bit ridiculous for cramps. Football players get cramps all the time. Usually they require help to get off the field, but they get off the field no less and get their treatment on the sidelines.

If Gordon was milking it, it was probably smart on his part to try to extend the break as long as possible hoping to get his cramps back to where he could get back in the game.

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006
as easily as on the court. That's just what it sounded like. I can't really say since I didn't see it.

Should have been on tv.

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
I know that you have been on a roll lately and I don't want to slow you down, but I didn't mean he should have just walked off. But the officials should have forced us to get him off the court much sooner. It was a really long delay and it was obvious that we were trying to stall to keep him in the game.</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Faustdog said:
I agree. A severe leg cramp can be very painful and last a long time. Vandy fans can be terrible. They were the only ones in the conference that I can remember taunting Laurence Roberts about the Baylor situation. They were chanting "murderer" and had signs implying that he murdered his friend on the Baylor team.
</p>

</p>Really? Wow. I know the word classless is taboo here but I don't care, that's classless. That's just terrible. Roberts apparently has a lot of self control not to have gone off on their fans when that happened.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
I can guarantee you the state fans wouldn't have booed, and the Vandy fans would have been as patient as a 40 year old virgin.

There is simply no call for booing a player hurt on the court, as nobody ever knows how hurt they might really be.

If we rush Gordon off the court and ends up with a pulled muscle, then we're screwed for the year. I'm glad we took our time.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
They are making some excuses up, but if State fans had done that I'd be ticked off about it. When a player is hurt you sit down and shut up and hope that player isn't hurt too badly. It's called sportsmanship. As much as Foster was killing us last night, I wouldn't have cheered had he gone down injured.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
thanks for the info. I don't think I have ever heard of someone's mom being thrown out of college basketball game. I can't imagine how badly JG wanted to kick some *** after he found out. She must have really pissed someone off to be thrown out.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
Jamont made a play and they stood up and cheered. They were sitting in the blue blood seats and some lady - who apparently had tired of the Gordon's enthusiasm - grabbed Eric's hood and pulled him back in his seat. An altercation ensued and the cops quickly intervened and hauled the Gordon's out. Fortunately, they weren't there when they were booing Jamont's injury or it really could have gotten ugly.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I guarantee that the fan that ran in front of the student section talking **** had ample reason to do so.</p>

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
I hate old people at sporting events who can't handle enthusiastic fans. Why do old people that never cheer go anyways? Sit your old blue haired *** at home and listen to it on the radio like you used to do when you were a young whippersnapper back in the good ole days when black people weren't allowed to sit in your royalty box.