Did one of my Memorial Day traditions, just watched "Band of Brothers"...

Georgia Peach

Oct 28, 2021
Amazing show

I wish people like Dick Winters ran for president
Nah, that effort is reserved for packaged, ego-maniacal narcissists who are stripped of common sense, empathy, and charity and backed by wealthy donors who are looking for their next government handout. Those folks then write a book that serves to lecture us about how we somehow don't measure up to them. After vetting by more wealthy donors they are walked out onto the stage to extoll the virtues of this country and how they will either ensure protections for the same in the future or develop a new "direction" for the USA. Meanwhile, people like Dick Winters, a leader of men who faced unfathomable odds and adversity and triumphed in a way that guaranteed the continuation of democracy and this country's ideals, quietly settles in at a quaint farm in rural Pennsylvania and probably watches in horror at the spectacle which is this country's politics.

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
Nah, that effort is reserved for packaged, ego-maniacal narcissists who are stripped of common sense, empathy, and charity and backed by wealthy donors who are looking for their next government handout. Those folks then write a book that serves to lecture us about how we somehow don't measure up to them. After vetting by more wealthy donors they are walked out onto the stage to extoll the virtues of this country and how they will either ensure protections for the same in the future or develop a new "direction" for the USA. Meanwhile, people like Dick Winters, a leader of men who faced unfathomable odds and adversity and triumphed in a way that guaranteed the continuation of democracy and this country's ideals, quietly settles in at a quaint farm in rural Pennsylvania and probably watches in horror at the spectacle which is this country's politics.
I've long thought that this country took a big turn for the worse when we stopped electing war heroes in favor of draft dodgers. Presidents such as Ike and JFK and Bush 1 did not fit your description.

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
Unfortunately, after completing a second term of service to the US Army, Dick Winters retired near Hershey, PA and died several years ago.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
It's probably my favorite war film/show outside of Casablanca. Would you concur?

Tear up at the end every time.

This time around Sgt/Lt Lipton is my favorite.

Shabbat Shalom
My FIL was one of those guys…I company. Can’t believe it will be EIGHTY YEARS on June 6. Those guys…I respect the hell out of them. Just finished Shifty’s War… nice read

slwlion01

Jul 24, 2023
It's probably my favorite war film/show outside of Casablanca. Would you concur?

Shabbat Shalom
The Veterans clubs ran the show all day. I am so happy with the folks that live in my area of central Florida. Attended two wonderful and moving services for our fallen heroes.

Reactions: Mr. Potter

CoachET

Oct 12, 2021
My tradition as well. And almost impossible not to tear up. “Granpa, were you a war hero? No, but I served in a company of heroes”.

Reactions: Mr. Potter

baltimorened

Oct 19, 2021
My FIL was one of those guys…I company. Can’t believe it will be EIGHTY YEARS on June 6. Those guys…I respect the hell out of them. Just finished Shifty’s War… nice read
just as an aside, just read somewhere that the average soldier in WWII saw 40 days of combat..the average soldier in vietnam saw combat 240 days. All of our vets wwii, Korea, Vietnam, Granada, Iraq, Afghanistan...everywhere else deserve our respect.

FTLPSU

Oct 6, 2021
In Normandy now. outside of Carentan. Was at Brecourt yesterday. Also walked up the approach Easy co. Did on their assault…and doc roes aid station…bloody gulch tomorrow.

Jumping June 5th & 9th with 101st patch and 506 spade on helmet 😉🤞

olelion

Oct 31, 2021

Shabbat Shalom
It is truly great but my favorites are Saving Private Ryan for a movie and The Pacific for a series. I feel Casablanca is a true movie classic that supersedes genre
Amazing show

I wish people like Dick Winters ran for president
Me too but.....the party machines would dig friggin deep to discredit him. I often wonder if Presidents Johnson and Nixon both of whom were in Dallas on the fateful day were served notice as to what happens if you don't play along

Latest posts