Ding Dong, Bum Is Gone!!

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
Right now the Eagles are a better franchise than the Steelers. They will likely benefit from the trade. Time will tell.
True. The Eagles are loaded with talent and needed a small handed water boy. Pickett filled the bill.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Apparently the Eagles aren’t happy with their current group of backups. Need depth in the event Hurts is hampered by injury.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
True. The Eagles are loaded with talent and needed a small handed water boy. Pickett filled the bill.
I'm not a Pickett fan at all. My hunch is the Eagles see similar qualities in him as they did in Gardner Minshew, whom they also acquired via trade on a rookie contract. They didn't give up much for a young backup QB with starting experience. While I'm not thrilled about Pickett as a starter, I think with the surrounding talent in that offense, he could start and win a couple of games if needed.

Hugh Laurie

Oct 6, 2021
Pickett to Philadelphia.

Poor Philly!!!!
Dumb move IMO. I predict he's going be a distraction in the locker room. He's not coming in with the expectation of playing backup. Reports that he wasn't happy when the Steelers signed Wilson and he failed to dress as the backup QB in one of the Steelers games. Don't need the drama he will possibly bring.

Reactions: JohnJumba and Psu00

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Apparently the Eagles aren’t happy with their current group of backups. Need depth in the event Hurts is hampered by injury.

Does Pickett really help with that?

Last edited:

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
The Eagles will take a cap hit of almost 2 million dollars. Unlike some on this Board their only agenda is winning football games.

Reactions: JohnJumba

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Dumb move IMO. I predict he's going be a distraction in the locker room. He's not coming in with the expectation of playing backup. Reports that he wasn't happy when the Steelers signed Wilson and he failed to dress as the backup QB in one of the Steelers games. Don't need the drama he will possibly bring.
LOL. In no world does Pickett even get the chance to supplant Jalen Hurts. This is a Howie Roseman “buy low” move. Pickett is either a backup with significant starting experience or a trade candidate for better draft comp later on. It’s hard to win these trades with Howie Roseman.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I keep vacillating between being covetous of the Eagles fans and then pitying them.

Good exciting team, terrible losses

Saquon, Pickett
Pickett isn’t part of their main personnel strategy. He’s an insurance policy they hope not to use. If they do, then the season may be sunk.

The talent on offense is obvious and it should be exciting to see Kellen Moore (who is competent) call plays with that roster.

Their ability to improve an awful defense will make or break next season. I expect most of their draft capital to go toward that.

Reactions: MacNit and Psu00

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Pickett isn’t part of their main personnel strategy.

I should hope not! Just for my own mental health I tried to be optimistic and patient with him, but that was not a good pick. I'm far from having any clue about football but I knew that was a mistake. And **** on pitt in the first place. They tun out some great players every now and then but kenny was not one of them. (respect to AD retiring today)

If the Eagles can showcase him properly they can minimize risk this season and then profit from him in the trade market at some point.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
I seriously doubt Pickett is coming to Philly thinking he will start over Hurts.

Reactions: MacNit

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
Tiny Hands Kenny was a reach pick from the start. A sPitt QB that looked great after six seasons while playing Western Michigan every other week. Off with his head!

Now, what to do. Wilson is NOT a player to build on. He's a stop gap, possible lightening in a bottle, one/two season rental. That said, Wilson is now the only QB on the roster. They will likely sign a FA and draft one...but when? They've added a pick and moved a couple more up in later rounds. Possible package to jump into the top of the 2nd or 3rd to pick up a QB that's sliding?

Reactions: ODShowtime

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Pickett isn’t part of their main personnel strategy. He’s an insurance policy they hope not to use. If they do, then the season may be sunk.

The talent on offense is obvious and it should be exciting to see Kellen Moore (who is competent) call plays with that roster.

Their ability to improve an awful defense will make or break next season. I expect most of their draft capital to go toward that.
Yeah Moore’s so competent this will be what his 3rd OC gig in 3 years?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021

Didn’t Howie draft most of that horrendous defense? Then he followed that up by signing the over the hill crowd in the secondary and letting the good secondary players walk. He isn’t the genius he’s billed as.

Reactions: Manofsteel200

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Didn’t Howie draft most of that horrendous defense? Then he followed that up by signing the over the hill crowd in the secondary and letting the good secondary players walk. He isn’t the genius he’s billed as.
The same defense that was top 3 the year before? You can’t have it both ways. I’m in the camp that they whiffed - big time - on replacing the coordinators. That was more to blame than personnel. Yes, Howie ignored LB and Morrow was exploited all season in coverage.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The same defense that was top 3 the year before? You can’t have it both ways. I’m in the camp that they whiffed - big time - on replacing the coordinators. That was more to blame than personnel. Yes, Howie ignored LB and Morrow was exploited all season in coverage.
Each year is different. Apples to oranges. Howie has never valued LBs and the secondary was old and slow. He let the good DBs walk and overpaid the old ones. Maybe too early to tell, but he may have whiffed on the DL picks as well. He was a major reason for the decline and he gets a free pass because he’s Laurie’s right hand man.

Reactions: Manofsteel200

Hugh Laurie

Oct 6, 2021
I seriously doubt Pickett is coming to Philly thinking he will start over Hurts.
Considering he was a first round selection I'd be really surprised if Pickett doesn't think he'd have a shot after how Hurts played at the end of last year. Got his nose bent out of shape and asked the Steelers to trade him when he was told that he'd have to compete with Wilson after he had been previously told he was going to be the starter. Pretty unlikely he'll beat out Hurts but I'd be shocked if he came to camp thinking that he couldn't.

Reactions: LB99

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
Very true. Pickett is all about Pickett. He whined when Rudolph was named the starter in the playoffs game and now whined about the Wilson signing. Steelers don't need anymore locker room distractions.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Considering he was a first round selection I'd be really surprised if Pickett doesn't think he'd have a shot after how Hurts played at the end of last year. Got his nose bent out of shape and asked the Steelers to trade him when he was told that he'd have to compete with Wilson after he had been previously told he was going to be the starter. Pretty unlikely he'll beat out Hurts but I'd be shocked if he came to camp thinking that he couldn't.
Pickett would be dead-naive-wrong if he believes that. Look no farther than the massive contract extension Hurts just signed. That offense is built around Hurts long term. He's not going anywhere soon.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Pickett would be dead-naive-wrong if he believes that. Look no farther than the massive contract extension Hurts just signed. That offense is built around Hurts long term. He's not going anywhere soon.
Russell Wilson signed a massive contract in Denver too. Now, he’s gone. It’s a business. Nobody is safe if the team isn’t winning. A second example:

Was Howie the mastermind behind that extension?

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
You are right. They all think they are starters. That’s what has got them to that point in their careers.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Russell Wilson signed a massive contract in Denver too. Now, he’s gone. It’s a business. Nobody is safe if the team isn’t winning. A second example:

Was Howie the mastermind behind that extension?
If you don’t see the difference between Hurts and Wentz, then you won’t listen to me on it. Howie orchestrated both contracts. He also drafted Hurts as an insurance policy for Wentz and that pick was a home run by any standard. Howie also sucked it up and traded Wentz for a first round pick when he flat out stunk. We saw how that turned out for Indy and Washington.

Latest posts