Drew Hildebrandt to PSU ???

RadioJoe

Nov 1, 2021
I saw he’s in the portal, I’ve also read speculation he’s headed to PSU?

Any one know more?

PSUPride93

Oct 31, 2021
A lot more than you apparently. El jefe is a well respected poster from bwi who has probably forgotten more about wrestling than I know. Not a very nice welcome from you.
I’ll 3rd that…with the exception that i don’t like the pic of the dog pic and i only associate EJ with the bloody Zain pic (sorry @El_Jefe still love the content you provide though :))

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
I’ll 3rd that…with the exception that i don’t like the pic of the dog pic and i only associate EJ with the bloody Zain pic (sorry @El_Jefe still love the content you provide though :))
Ha! I'd have to find a Zain pic that would work.

One difference with this site is the avatar format. ON3 auto-rotates portrait pics into landscape mode. Thus my BWI Zain pic doesn't work here.

So my dog will have to do until I get motivated to find a wrestling pic. Whenever that is.

Reactions: Lumps Pajamas

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
I saw he’s in the portal, I’ve also read speculation he’s headed to PSU?

Any one know more?
I thought that I followed wrestling fairly closely & I’m not sure I know who JH is. Can I ask for some insight?

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
DH you mean? Drew finished 4th last year at 125 for Casey's Alma Mater, Central Michigan. He's also Olympic Bronze Medalist and 2x World Silver Medalist Sarah Hildebrandt's little brother.
Thx for the update. CMU always has a few studs & someone of his calibur would be helpful at a weight that has troubled us for some number of years.

What is the latest on Robbie Howard. Any chance he could be available to wrestle this year?

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Thx for the update. CMU always has a few studs & someone of his calibur would be helpful at a weight that has troubled us for some number of years.

What is the latest on Robbie Howard. Any chance he could be available to wrestle this year?
Everything we've heard so far is that Howard is shirting.

I'll add this: Howard has a history of returning too early from injuries to chase personal and team goals. It's his competitive nature -- he's one of those guys who has to be kicked out of the room for his own good, and he's the only wrestler I've ever heard say he likes to cut weight ("it makes me mean"). The best thing that could happen for him is to be told his goal for this year is recovery and he's shirting no matter what.

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
Everything we've heard so far is that Howard is shirting.

I'll add this: Howard has a history of returning too early from injuries to chase personal and team goals. It's his competitive nature -- he's one of those guys who has to be kicked out of the room for his own good, and he's the only wrestler I've ever heard say he likes to cut weight ("it makes me mean"). The best thing that could happen for him is to be told his goal for this year is recovery and he's shirting no matter what.
Thank you Sir!

Reactions: Lumps Pajamas

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Hildebrandt is in the Penn State student directory.

Mineo posted a screenshot -- I'm not linking here because Mineo did not redact Hildebrandt's contact info.

Reactions: crockster

nerfstate

Oct 11, 2021
He's currently assigned to World Campus. I wouldn't be surprised if he found a way to get into his grad program early that way. At least work on credits he'll need. 3.9 GPA in finance at CMU, according to his bio.

He likes eating Ramen, going for long walks with his dog, and....

• Haha
Reactions: LHavenlion

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Checked out his NCAA's last year. Won his first 3 matches including a 4-2 OT win over Brody Teske. Ran into Spencer in the semis.

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Hildebrandt is in the Penn State student directory.

Mineo posted a screenshot -- I'm not linking here because Mineo did not redact Hildebrandt's contact info.
Really great news to hear!. Solves 125 for his year and hopefully a step closer to national championship!!

Reactions: LI Lion Bvdstf
Oct 31, 2021
Really great news to hear!. Solves 125 for his year and hopefully a step closer to national championship!!
Big news! Drew is the real deal! Great guy too! Fits PSU s team culture! Can go w anyone! Anyone!!!!!! Add Cael , Casey , Cody and co’s coaching and training w Thomas “ I love Penn State” Gilman …….
Opponents you ve been warned!
Let s Go!!!!!!

Reactions: crockster

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
The Penn State directory is open access from their website. Individuals can opt out if they like, but most don’t.
They probably don't think of adults looking up their info.

The Alumni Association directory requires login, and has for many years. No good reason for the school directory to be open and require student opt-out.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Can someone please correct "Hildabrandt" to "Hildebrandt" in the subject line? It's not polite to misspell someone's name.
Done. I have no other updates to share at this point though. Sorry.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Reactions: LI Lion Bvdstf

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Victory Bell Rings, LOL. Fansided is a brand (across many teams/sports) dedicated to saying things you already knew, then adding a click-inducing headline.
Worked on me. Great free agency add! Probably one of only a handful of guys that might be able to hold Spencer to a regular decision.

Reactions: Got GSPs

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
What is the projection on when Drew will take the mat for the blue and white? I figured there's no reason why we wouldn't see him soon.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Classes?
Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright