Drew Hildebrandt to PSU ???

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Everything we've heard so far is that Howard is shirting.

I'll add this: Howard has a history of returning too early from injuries to chase personal and team goals. It's his competitive nature -- he's one of those guys who has to be kicked out of the room for his own good, and he's the only wrestler I've ever heard say he likes to cut weight ("it makes me mean"). The best thing that could happen for him is to be told his goal for this year is recovery and he's shirting no matter what.
Agree. Robbie Howard needs to be doing nothing but rehabilitation this year on his shoulder. Come back 100 percent next season ready to complete for a NC.

Reactions: Stevej
Oct 31, 2021
Being reported on 247 Sport that Drew is in State College. Has been. This is directed at ppl who only view this forum. Before the forum/ board police attack lol , I know it s on the other forum and West to East backs it up. Drew is a serious , smart and tough dude. No official announcement I am aware of. We ll leave that to Drew and the staff. And yes we need the official word but this is promising news. Like Christmas in December . Oh sorry ……..💪😀👍

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Worked on me. Great free agency add! Probably one of only a handful of guys that might be able to hold Spencer to a regular decision.
I think he lost to Spencer 11 to 1 last year. More guys coming off of red shirt is going to make 125 a lot tougher to AA after Spencer and Nick S of course.

NittanyChris

Oct 12, 2021
I think he lost to Spencer 11 to 1 last year. More guys coming off of red shirt is going to make 125 a lot tougher to AA after Spencer and Nick S of course.
He also beat some solid guys including Teske. With Glory back and Arujau on his way down to 125, it is deeper than last year. Still, looking at Intermat rankings, even accounting for Suriano & Arujau, it’s reasonable to place Hildebrandt in the 6-10 range which includes Lamont, Camacho, Barnett, Cardinale and McKee. I think he can hang with any of those guys.

WE ARE!!!

Reactions: LI Lion Bvdstf
Oct 31, 2021
He also beat some solid guys including Teske. With Glory back and Arujau on his way down to 125, it is deeper than last year. Still, looking at Intermat rankings, even accounting for Suriano & Arujau, it’s reasonable to place Hildebrandt in the 6-10 range which includes Lamont, Camacho, Barnett, Cardinale and McKee. I think he can hang with any of those guys.

WE ARE!!!
Hang w these guys? They ll be looking to hang w Drew if they can. He will benefit from Cael and our room tremendously . Semis are definitely possible should be the goal . Once there , who knows? . Drew s a matchup problem for many . Great guy w a great attitude. He s smart , driven and tough. Can wrestle too! He ll be key going forward. Let s Go!!!!!

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Let’s hope Drew is wrestling RBY a lot. We need him in the top 3. He can improve a lot in our room by wrestling our better guys. Hopefully he sticks around one year to train with Robbie Howard as well.

NittanyChris

Oct 12, 2021
Let’s hope Drew is wrestling RBY a lot. We need him in the top 3. He can improve a lot in our room by wrestling our better guys. Hopefully he sticks around one year to train with Robbie Howard as well.
I respectfully disagree. We don’t need him in the top 3, nor do I think he’ll finish there. However, I do think he will be an AA again and that will be good enough.

WE ARE!!!

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Should have Drew after the duals on Monday and Tuesday from what I’m hearing. Still hoping for portal help at 157 and 165. Be interesting to see how 157 and 165 does Monday and Tuesday. Time to get our lineup settled. Everyone on the current roster is healthy according to Casey now.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Should have Drew after the duals on Monday and Tuesday from what I’m hearing. Still hoping for portal help at 157 and 165. Be interesting to see how 157 and 165 does Monday and Tuesday. Time to get our lineup settled. Everyone on the current roster is healthy according to Casey now.
Who in the portal are you targeting?

Oct 31, 2021
Drew is the real deal! Yes we need him.
W all due respect to Campbell and Shunk , great kids and wrestlers that give their all! Meredith seems to have outgrown 125 , Campbell did well v Teske. Teske is a strong kid.Vito is next level.

But imagine tonight’s dual w Drew leading off ? Courtney would hav a different game plan! Lol. As frustrating as I it is, the main thing is March. Knowing Drew he ll be ready and being ard Cael , the staff , NLWC and the team , I expect him to take a jump in level . He s smart and a nice kid but shows no mercy on the mat! Needs lil wk in neutral . Think of a 125 Max Dean.

Speaking of frustration , 165 Edsall is really progressing and Ramirez is tough! Poss AA. Creighton was right there . We ll need him to be at his best tonite vs Valencia. I think he will! He has heart and is tough as nails! Decision on Alex can wait. Are the 2 Lees still in the pix at 165? Matt beat Ramirez at an open I believe .

Last time I ll say it : Evan Wick. Are u kidding me! Imagine Nick Saban at Alabama “ Oh Nick can t get you that 5 star transfer/ recruit cause the whatever academic department dept chairman won t take the credits, sorry. I know he could get you a NC . Carry on” Nick “ Isn t he transferring in from Harvard and now going to Columbia?” Admin” Yes. Lil details Nick” lmao . Would never happen. Either the AD and admin supports the wrestling program 100% or not. And no this is not hurting the academic reputation of PSU or making an exception for an athlete. It could ve been worked out ! Evan is a smart, serious student. Well enough !

Let s win a NC anyway! We have a great thing going here . Let s not ruin it!

Now let s win tonite!Let s Go!
We are………..

Reactions: Lumps Pajamas
Oct 9, 2021
Last time I ll say it : Evan Wick. Are u kidding me! Imagine Nick Saban at Alabama “ Oh Nick can t get you that 5 star transfer/ recruit cause the whatever academic department dept chairman won t take the credits, sorry. I know he could get you a NC . Carry on” Nick “ Isn t he transferring in from Harvard and now going to Columbia?” Admin” Yes. Lil details Nick” lmao . Would never happen. Either the AD and admin supports the wrestling program 100% or not. And no this is not hurting the academic reputation of PSU or making an exception for an athlete. It could ve been worked out ! Evan is a smart, serious student. Well enough !

Let s win a NC anyway! We have a great thing going here . Let s not ruin it!

Now let s win tonite!Let s Go!
We are………..

Oct 31, 2021
Merry Christmas. Checked TrackW . Drew is certified . Hmmmm I had a feeling this was going to happen for awhile now. Guess we just got lucky. No plan . Santa !
To prempt the “ Sky is falling Society”, No he hasn’t been sitting on the couch for a year watching football . Lol Special kid! Welcome ! Go Drew!!!!! Let s Go!!!!!

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Merry Christmas. Checked TrackW . Drew is certified . Hmmmm I had a feeling this was going to happen for awhile now. Guess we just got lucky. No plan . Santa !
To prempt the “ Sky is falling Society”, No he hasn’t been sitting on the couch for a year watching football . Lol Special kid! Welcome ! Go Drew!!!!! Let s Go!!!!!
I believ that I heard that he couldn’t practice with the team. I don’t think this would preclude him from training with the NLWC, right? I mean we’ve had Nick Lee do that as a kid who should have been in HS.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Hopefully he will be wrestling in our next dual. 😜

Latest posts