What’s wrong with Dudley? As it looks now, the main guaranteed wins on their schedule is Hillside, Smith, Western, & Southwest. Have they lost talent to the portal this offseason? I know Carmack stayed put
Last edited:
The issue with Dudley is that Grimsley is the current destination football school in Greensboro for elite talent and the rest of the city and county schools are splitting up the best of the rest.What’s wrong with Dudley? As it looks now, the main guaranteed wins on their schedule is Hillside, Smith, Western, & Southwest. Have they lost talent to the portal this offseason? I know Carmack stayed put
Yep- Grimsley recruiting the best right now. Dudley was for a while.The issue with Dudley is that Grimsley is the current destination football school in Greensboro for elite talent and the rest of the city and county schools are splitting up the best of the rest.
Page was during it all throughout the 80's, Haywood Jeffiries Former Houston Oiler WR and Kansas Danny Manning was supposed to go to Dudley. They was in Dudley's District, but som how they ended up in Page Campus. Dudley loss players to Northern, Page, GDS and Grimsley starting around 2010 GOING FORWARD!!! My Ex Wife Class of 95 Page told me she was supposed to attend Dudley and somehow ended up at Page and she hated it! Page started tis going back to the 70's and 80's and 90's!!! The school got ran down and things started to fall apart, players didn't like Coaches and systems they ran, so some players from poor programs like Smith, Western, Page, Southeast transferred. But Dudley loss tons of players from Girls and Boys Basketball and Football for the past 16 years to Page (James Summers) , Northern, Grimsley, GDS, Ragsdale (Alston Hooker), Grimsley/Page (The Zealous Brothers) and Andrew Rogers at Grimsley. They all left Dudley. So don't make it one sided, All the schools have pucked players from other schools over the decades. Even when I was in High School, my people in Rockingham County Eden knew about Page Machine back then that had the city on lock taking all the star black players from other schools like Dudley....Some school had racism going on like Southeast, Southern, Northwest and Northeast, My son Class of 2018 Western Guilford/NCAT Middle College told me the nasty hate some of his friends had a Southeast and Northwest! I remember when the white students and parents want their own separate Prom from the Black Students back in the early 2000's. Black Families moved in, White People moved out. I moved to Western District in 2003, 2 miles down the street on Friendly Ave, The school was 82% White, now in 2026 it almost 55%Black. they can feel they not wanted.Dudley has been recruiting for ages. Every year, we would hear about how X Player(s) from Page was contacted by Dudley's assistants.
You wrote a book. Haywood and Danny lived in Page's district. You can go back and look at where their parents lived at the time in the Guilford County public records database. Page lost players to Northern, Dudley, GDS, Ragsdale, NE Guilford, etc. over the years too...Page was during it all throughout the 80's, Haywood Jeffiries Former Houston Oiler WR and Kansas Danny Manning was supposed to go to Dudley. They was in Dudley's District, but som how they ended up in Page Campus. Dudley loss players to Northern, Page, GDS and Grimsley starting around 2010 GOING FORWARD!!! My Ex Wife Class of 95 Page told me she was supposed to attend Dudley and somehow ended up at Page and she hated it! Page started tis going back to the 70's and 80's and 90's!!! The school got ran down and things started to fall apart, players didn't like Coaches and systems they ran, so some players from poor programs like Smith, Western, Page, Southeast transferred. But Dudley loss tons of players from Girls and Boys Basketball and Football for the past 16 years to Page (James Summers) , Northern, Grimsley, GDS, Ragsdale (Alston Hooker), Grimsley/Page (The Zealous Brothers) and Andrew Rogers at Grimsley. They all left Dudley. So don't make it one sided, All the schools have pucked players from other schools over the decades. Even when I was in High School, my people in Rockingham County Eden knew about Page Machine back then that had the city on lock taking all the star black players from other schools like Dudley....Some school had racism going on like Southeast, Southern, Northwest and Northeast, My son Class of 2018 Western Guilford/NCAT Middle College told me the nasty hate some of his friends had a Southeast and Northwest! I remember when the white students and parents want their own separate Prom from the Black Students back in the early 2000's. Black Families moved in, White People moved out. I moved to Western District in 2003, 2 miles down the street on Friendly Ave, The school was 82% White, now in 2026 it almost 55%Black. they can feel they not wanted.
So many people picked against Page tonight, including Andy on GreensborosportsDudley getting curb stomped right now
No idea why. I had it going either way and being a dogfight but there was nothing ab either team that said Dudley was a sure fire win. Their offensive line was no match for the pirates. And they tackled terriblySo many people picked against Page tonight, including Andy on Greensborosports
Page just still has a lot of doubters. People doubt the talent, they doubt the coaches. I'm sure Page will drop in rankings because Dudley is "down" this year. After everyone picked Dudley.Dudley
No idea why. I had it going either way and being a dogfight but there was nothing ab either team that said Dudley was a sure fire win. Their offensive line was no match for the pirates. And they tackled terribly
I do think Dudley is down though, but they can still beat every team in Guilford not named Grimsley & Page because the talent distribution goes no further than those 3 schools. They’re head and shoulders above all of the city, & Page & Grimsley are head and shoulders above them lmao.Page just still has a lot of doubters. People doubt the talent, they doubt the coaches. I'm sure Page will drop in rankings because Dudley is "down" this year. After everyone picked Dudley.
If they are down, then why did everyone pick them, make it make sense...I do think Dudley is down though, but they can still beat every team in Guilford not named Grimsley & Page because the talent distribution goes no further than those 3 schools. They’re head and shoulders above all of the city, & Page & Grimsley are head and shoulders above them lmao.
I still think the Page game should’ve been closer too tbh, but they played scared got beat physically from the first drive. Page QB throws a good ball too. And their line play is legit. The skills guys for both felt even to me (minus QB).
I can’t answer that if I’m not one of those people to begin with…If they are down, then why did everyone pick them, make it make sense...
oh no, I wasnt even talking about you. Just people on other websites.I can’t answer that if I’m not one of those people to begin with…
I’m literally the poster who made this thread a few weeks ago insinuating that this Dudley team doesn’t have as many wins on the schedule as usual. I’ve been consistent on that stance weeks later
It's not the same staff from when Hann was first hired. They brought in new Defensive Coordinator, Offensive Coord, Special Teams Coord. All 3 of these guys are very serious and have solidified the staff. There is some sideline antics and what not, that isn't normal, but Page was down for too many years to nitpick on some stuff. Not everything can be so old school.. The kids love the coaches, and play hard. Let the chips fall where they may. I know for sure that some of these kids on the teams Page is beating is seeing Page's kids having fun, and deep down, want that for themselves.Page has the kids for sure. They are very talented.
I still think that the coaching staff is full of clowns. That will hurt the kids in the end.