E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! Birds - Buccaneers playoff game thread

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
What happened to the Eagles’ OL?! Ineligible receiver downfield, followed immediately by a false start! Hurts has been under steady pressure all night, and no running game in sight.

Guess they should have taken the three points . Wow.

Reactions: Psu00
Dec 14, 2021
Some random observations:
Aikman seems genuinely angry at the Eagles preparation and performance.
As has been stated Bradbury can't tackle. Why does Bayard get a pass? He's awful. 39 won't tackle.
Back 7 of the defense is not NFL caliber, let alone championship caliber. (Duh!)
Devonte Smith is a dude.
Hurts is really struggling processing.
NFL coaches rarely survive this kind of collapse.
Crazy thought:
Lurie admires and idolizes everything New England Patriots. I'm not saying he makes a run at Belichick, but I'm not not saying it either.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
incomplete on 4th & 5 on a pass to DeVonta. DB made a nice play, and DeVonta was throwing off his back foot.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Respectfully disagree. This team was in the Super Bowl last year. They shouldn’t be this bad. This is a lack of focus, leadership, and effort.
No it wasn’t the 2022 team was. The 2022 team D was much better than this bunch They were better at DT Both LBers and saftey They lost 5 D starters to FA and did not replace them.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Crazy thought:
Lurie admires and idolizes everything New England Patriots. I'm not saying he makes a run at Belichick, but I'm not not saying it either.

As long as he picks a solid OC im down. Also wouldn’t mind vrabel. This team needs a culture change. They need to start playing angry. Pissed

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
No it wasn’t the 2022 team was. The 2022 team D was much better than this bunch They were better at DT Both LBers and saftey They lost 5 D starters to FA and did not replace them.
Still doesn’t explain how poor they are with tackling etc- not to mention the offensive issues either.

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
This game is over. Three scores down with 9 minutes to go. Not enough time to get it done even if they suddenly start playing.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Still doesn’t explain how poor they are with tackling etc- not to mention the offensive issues either.
Poor tackling because they don’t have any talent. Half these guys wouldn’t play for Carolina

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I'd be tempted to fake an injury just to get an early finish to this shitshow of a season collapse.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Poor tackling because they don’t have any talent. Half these guys wouldn’t play for Carolina
It’s clearly more than that. There’s no effort. Hell, even Aikman was calling them out on it. Plus the offense is just horrible. They’re down by 23 points to 9-8 Tampa Bay. They’re 0-9 on 3rd/ 4th down. They have a grand total of 34 rushing yards. There are much bigger issues than can be attributed to a few different D players from last year.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Nick. Is. Canned.

This team needs a new voice. There’s no coming back from this in that locker room.

I'm still not in that camp. The OC and DC, and Patricia, need to go. And the roster needs more of an overhaul than most suspected. But I think Nick's success since being hired gives him a little more of a cushion. But I'm not the owner, and have no idea what Lurie thinks or will do.

Reactions: Psu00 and s1uggo72

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
It’s clearly more than that. There’s no effort. Hell, even Aikman was calling them out on it. Plus the offense is just horrible. They’re down by 16 to 9-8 Tampa Bay. They’re 0-9 on 3rd/ 4th down. They have a grand total of 34 rushing yards so far. There are much bigger issues than can be attributed to a few different D players from last year.
A few? How about half. This back end is unbelievably bad. Bad. It’s spilled over to the O. Now why they can’t handle the blitz is another question

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Nick. Is. Canned.

This team needs a new voice. There’s no coming back from this in that locker room.

Said this before. Sirianni is built to have a team with no adversity. That’s why people outside of Philly hate him. He’s cocky plain and simple, but as soon as he hit some adversity and cocky doesn’t work, he doesn’t have a second mode to go to in order to rally the troops. And we saw it in 21 when he turned the O over to Steichen, he can’t call plays. I have no doubt he’ll be good in a decade or so with some serious seasoning but this is another Howie having to try to prove to be the smartest person in the room kind of hire. The hope is that he changed his drafting method so hopefully his hiring strategy will change with the next hire.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
A few? How about half. This back end is unbelievably bad. Bad. It’s spilled over to the O. Now why they can’t handle the blitz is another question
Respectfully, this same team handled Tampa 25-11 a few weeks ago. They’re now losing 32-9 with everything on the line. It’s much more than a few D players IMO. We’re just going to have to agree to disagree here.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
That’s as poor of man coverage technique I’ve seen since jr high

It was Maddox, who is the slot CB and was out most of the season with an injury. He's playing safety tonight at Blankenship's spot due to Blankenship's injury. In that context, I'm willing to give him some slack.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
I'm still not in that camp. The OC and DC, and Patricia, need to go. And the roster needs more of an overhaul than most suspected. But I think Nick's success since being hired gives him a little more of a cushion. But I'm not the owner, and have no idea what Lurie thinks or will do.

I think if they win 2 of the last 3 and keep this one close then yeah, give him a cushion. But the way this team collapsed and there appears to be drama in the locker room, no way. When the coach loses the team there’s no coming back from that.

EDIT: I will say though, whatever they’re gonna do they better do it fast. Carroll, Belichek, Vrabel…. Lot of coaches out there with a lot of openings. Heck, Dallas might be another opening here soon. Granted they’re in free agent purgatory this offseason but it’s dallas

Last edited:

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Said this before. Sirianni is built to have a team with no adversity. That’s why people outside of Philly hate him. He’s cocky plain and simple, but as soon as he hit some adversity and cocky doesn’t work, he doesn’t have a second mode to go to in order to rally the troops. And we saw it in 21 when he turned the O over to Steichen, he can’t call plays. I have no doubt he’ll be good in a decade or so with some serious seasoning but this is another Howie having to try to prove to be the smartest person in the room kind of hire. The hope is that he changed his drafting method so hopefully his hiring strategy will change with the next hire.
Tell me how this drafting strategy has gotten better ? We had 2 first rounders this yr We have 1 that might become a player and the other?

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Nick is toast. Hire Hairball and get some linebackers finally. They could have had Parsons in the draft. This team looks old and tired. It’s time to rebuild!