E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! Birds - Commanders game thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this thread for pre-game, in-game, and post-game discussion of the Eagles - Commanders game.

I'm setting the thread up early, as I'll be busy for a few hours before and at the very start of the game.

Go Birds!

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Not exactly germane, but at the moment I’m drinking my coffee (no scones) and reading the (paper) WaPo sports section article “Fellow owners’ attitudes toward Snyder harden.” There’s a push among some owners to get him to sell the Commanders. Paywalled, but the gist is right there. I’d run through the neighborhood naked if this came to pass.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Not exactly germane, but at the moment I’m drinking my coffee (no scones) and reading the (paper) WaPo sports section article “Fellow owners’ attitudes toward Snyder harden.” There’s a push among some owners to get him to sell the Commanders. Paywalled, but the gist is right there. I’d run through the neighborhood naked if this came to pass.
Here’s a vote for not selling

Liontown

Nov 2, 2021

Here's the article (free version).

NFL owners' attitudes harden toward Commanders' Daniel Snyder (yahoo.com)

Reactions: LionJim

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I'm an NFL owner but, oddly enough, nobody asked me.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Slow start on offense by both teams. The Eagles got lucky on a long pass wrongly ruled a completion, but Rivera was too slow on the challenge. 3-0 Birds.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
The Eagles go on 4th and 1 deep in Washington territory. Awful jet sweep call gets stuffed. No points. Sigh.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I dont get the game on tv. Am I reading the stats right? -12 yd passing for the Commies?

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
This eagles D is freaking special…..

the LB went from incredibly weak to a strength. Edwards clicked. Reddick is nuts. White was a sneaky good pickup. The front 4 is downright nasty. Hopefully fletch accepts less $ to stay around because he, Davis, Williams and hargrave are NASTY. And the DBs….. my lord. Spend the draft capital next year on safeties or CBs to get them on rookie deals.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
This eagles D is freaking special…..

the LB went from incredibly weak to a strength. Edwards clicked. Reddick is nuts. White was a sneaky good pickup. The front 4 is downright nasty. Hopefully fletch accepts less $ to stay around because he, Davis, Williams and hargrave are NASTY. And the DBs….. my lord. Spend the draft capital next year on safeties or CBs to get them on rookie deals.
If Hurts keeps this up, the world is their oyster in the draft next year.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
If Hurts keeps this up, the world is their oyster in the draft next year.
YES! First, if he hasn’t answered the questions by now, I don’t know how he will. And 2 firsts with no serious holes on the roster??? NOW, the issue is 3-5 years from now when Davis and those potential 2 firsts come due for BIG contracts but that’s a first world problem.

Also…. Holy Slim Reaper!!!! What a freaking catch!

EDIT: holy TWO freaking catches!!!!

Reactions: WestSideLion

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
That was crazy! Play clock should have been moving but apparently Hurts got the play off. Very fortunate after running the ball with no time outs left.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Ok I’m super excited for this team. I’ll admit I’m the hype train driver. But look at hurts’s progression. First week he leans on what he knows (AJ Brown). Second week he says “i haven’t forgotten about you smith!” And now this week he’s spreading it around A LOT. I MEAN COME ON!!!!!! He’s it. He’s THE guy. Questions answered. Spent the picks next year continuing to build around Hurts.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Ok I’m super excited for this team. I’ll admit I’m the hype train driver. But look at hurts’s progression. First week he leans on what he knows (AJ Brown). Second week he says “i haven’t forgotten about you smith!” And now this week he’s spreading it around A LOT. I MEAN COME ON!!!!!! He’s it. He’s THE guy. Questions answered. Spent the picks next year continuing to build around Hurts.
Let’s see how they adjust when defenses adjust to them. The key is that they have a ton of weapons out there.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Soon we will have to sell expensive vets, draft OL

mailata is long term. Dickerson is rookie contract. Jurgens is Kelce replacement. Seumalo has options into 2024, Johnson has options into 2026. Maybe lane is a bit long in the tooth but they’re set for a few years

Let’s see how they adjust when defenses adjust to them. The key is that they have a ton of weapons out there.

lets call it how it is. Lions went predominantly man, minnehaha went predominantly zone, and Washington stacked the box. They’ve seen 3 different types of D’s and manhandled them all.

BUT LIKE I SAID…. I’m driving the hype train right now

Latest posts