Please use this thread, and not the Eagles thread, to discuss the Birds' draft picks in the 2023 NFL draft, which starts on Thursday, April 27.
God, I hope so. Carter is special and is the one player I covet.
I’m with you. I don’t think he gets past Detroit at 6. No way.I'm with you. Rumblings from earlier today that Seattle will take him; time will tell.
Howie is always so good at hiding what he is really going to do. I just don't see him drafting a RB at 10. Yet this kid is special and one can make a case for drafting him there as its a semi need for the birds. Carter is an amazing talent with a few questions about him, but Howie always builds from the inside out and could use Carter. They also could use a DB and make a case there. Howie also likes a lot of picks so I can see how he trades down for more picks. Basically I have no clue what he wants to do, maybe he doesn't either and will see how the draft unfolds and will make a call at 10 to pick or drop down. Who knows maybe he moves up as well...I'm with you. Rumblings from earlier today that Seattle will take him; time will tell.
My list of outcomes….Howie is always so good at hiding what he is really going to do. I just don't see him drafting a RB at 10. Yet this kid is special and one can make a case for drafting him there as its a semi need for the birds. Carter is an amazing talent with a few questions about him, but Howie always builds from the inside out and could use Carter. They also could use a DB and make a case there. Howie also likes a lot of picks so I can see how he trades down for more picks. Basically I have no clue what he wants to do, maybe he doesn't either and will see how the draft unfolds and will make a call at 10 to pick or drop down. Who knows maybe he moves up as well...![]()
That’s true for the majority of these kids. Carter has rare skills at DT. He’s worth the calculated risk as one of the top 2-3 players in this draft.Carter is a great athlete. The Eagles management will need to keep him focused on the task at hand.
I hope u r correct!!That’s true for the majority of these kids. Carter has rare skills at DT. He’s worth the calculated risk as one of the top 2-3 players in this draft.
If I’m not correct, then the Eagles can fire me as their personnel guy.I hope u r correct!!
God, I hope so. Carter is special and is the one player I covet.
It was a coup. They must be over the moon that they got him.I just got home -- I heard the pick on the radio while driving. When I heard they'd made the trade, and who was available, I knew (well, strongly believed/really hoped) that it would be Carter.
Great job, Howie.
I think I am wrong looking for Jim’s delete button
![]()
Eagles, Cardinals settle Jonathan Gannon tampering investigation with swap of draft picks
The Cardinals quickly have become the gang that couldn't shoot straight.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
BWI Football
Penn State football skewered after Northwestern loss as Matt Campbell admits Lions lacked key traits in 'every way': What they're saying
BWI Football
Matt Campbell says Penn State has 'to find answers, and we’ve got to get it fixed fast'; at this point, can it?
BWI Football
Penn State report card: Grading the Lions' 34-13 loss at Northwestern
BWI Football
What did Northwestern coach David Braun, Penn State players, say about the Wildcats' 34-13 win? 'I think we need to just get stuff going'
BWI Football
Penn State Highs and Lows: A night to forget in Evanston