Ex Ole Miss BBall player "allegedly" shoots at repo man

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Castle Doctrine. Repo man needs to be careful. He should just follow him and when he goes into the Wal Mart hook up and tow.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Pretty sure Castle doctrine is not going to apply to somebody not trying to enter the house and not exhibiting threatening behavior.
I beg the difference. If you feel threaten on your property you can way low into someone. He will not be convicted.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Holy crap that guy's tall. Guess I didn't pay attention when we played them. That's getting close to Manute Bol height

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
When “talk to text” goes way wrong, ladies and gentlemen.
All I am saying you have to be careful in Mississippi. The Castle Doctrine is really strong in this state. It protects the property owner. It puts all the burden on the prosecutor to prove you did not feel threaten. It is almost impossible.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Interesting. Feelings are reality. If you feel threatened you're threatened. If you feel like a woman ... Not trying to hijack a thread but to show how feelings matter.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
1- That guy is huge. He was a prolific shot blocker at WKU and OM with 6.1 blocks per 40min, but even then, Jarvis Varnado had a slightly higher block rate per 40min.

2- Castle Doctrine covers a car, but I thought you have to be in the car. Is that not correct? See below

3- Was the repo guy forcibly entering the property? Multiple news articles say shots were fired while the repo guy was in the process of repossessing the car. That sure doesnt seem like forced entry.

4- Based on verbiage below, the car was no longer Sharp's to legally possess and the repo guy is legally allowed to remove it.
LINK
A person who uses defensive force shall be presumed to have reasonably feared imminent death or great bodily harm, or the commission of a felony upon him or another or upon his dwelling, or against a vehicle which he was occupying, or against his business or place of employment or the immediate premises of such business or place of employment, if the person against whom the defensive force was used, was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, occupied vehicle, business, place of employment or the immediate premises thereof or if that person had unlawfully removed or was attempting to unlawfully remove another against the other person’s will from that dwelling, occupied vehicle, business, place of employment or the immediate premises thereof and the person who used defensive force knew or had reason to believe that the forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

Based on article reporting...
- The repo man was not attempting to forcibly enter the home.
- The car was unoccupied.
- The shooter agreed to repossession terms when the car loan was signed.
- The property was legally the repo guy's/bank's and was no longer the shooter's property.

Castle Doctrine should not protect irresponsible morons who impulsively and emotionally try to kill another human for simply doing their legal and agreed upon job.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
All I am saying you have to be careful in Mississippi. The Castle Doctrine is really strong in this state. It protects the property owner. It puts all the burden on the prosecutor to prove you did not feel threaten. It is almost impossible.
That's not even remotely true. If someone is there legally, you can't shoot their ***. And a big *** wrecker in your driveway and you not paying your bills is going to be really hard to prove you felt threatened. It's called totality of the circumstances.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
1- That guy is huge. He was a prolific shot blocker at WKU and OM with 6.1 blocks per 40min, but even then, Jarvis Varnado had a slightly higher block rate per 40min.

2- Castle Doctrine covers a car, but I thought you have to be in the car. Is that not correct? See below

3- Was the repo guy forcibly entering the property? Multiple news articles say shots were fired while the repo guy was in the process of repossessing the car. That sure doesnt seem like forced entry.

4- Based on verbiage below, the car was no longer Sharp's to legally possess and the repo guy is legally allowed to remove it.

Based on article reporting...
- The repo man was not attempting to forcibly enter the home.
- The car was unoccupied.
- The shooter agreed to repossession terms when the car loan was signed.
- The property was legally the repo guy's/bank's and was no longer the shooter's property.

Castle Doctrine should not protect irresponsible morons who impulsively and emotionally try to kill another human for simply doing their legal and agreed upon job.
Are you are lawyer? Did you attempt law school? Not often in agreement with you, but you're pretty good at this sheet.

Reactions: Nugdawg

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Oxford man faces felony for allegedly shooting at person repossessing a vehicle - The Oxford Eagle | The Oxford Eagle

Jamarion Demontrez Sharp arrested over the weekend for "allegedly" shooting at the repo man. My thing is this: dude is 7'5". His pic in the link shows he towers way beyond their measurements at 84". Can you imagine this lanky joker running out the door shooting at you? (allegedly)
This should be a lesson for recruits considering OM. Better be ready to pick up those payments once eligibility runs out.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Oxford man faces felony for allegedly shooting at person repossessing a vehicle - The Oxford Eagle | The Oxford Eagle

Jamarion Demontrez Sharp arrested over the weekend for "allegedly" shooting at the repo man. My thing is this: dude is 7'5". His pic in the link shows he towers way beyond their measurements at 84". Can you imagine this lanky joker running out the door shooting at you? (allegedly)
They don't have beds big enough for him in prison..........He may get a luxurious concrete floor, complete with dried fecal matter and other bodily fluids.........

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Let me just say that the repo man can fire back, shoot the homeowner dead and not face a charge.

Castle does NOT include your driveway and a repo. Those guys now all have video dashcams. Try again.

Reactions: Anon1704414204