Fast food items worthy of your recommendation.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Great food and most all good value. Any fast food Chinese take out joints: Panda Express, etc. 2 meat items plate $10, if you're a senior less 10% discount. Hawaiian plate lunch, 2 meat items, rice, mac salad $11 less 10% senior discount. Most of all, the orders come out very fast. You can eat in no time, beats any sit down type restaurants.

Portions are Mucho. Heck one plate feeds me 3 meals...

Many fast foods give 10% discount to seniors 62 yrs age, but you gotta tell them before paying or AAA discounts as well...

1710428891426.png

1710428977852.png

Last edited:

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
For sure, Street Tacos. $2.00 to $2.50, good variety of meats. Love street tacos + tasty salsas + da condiments. Fast orders, eat right there in your car or benches. Street taco vendors are found in most towns in the greater Los Angeles area. Not too sure about other states and towns?

1710429804236.png

Last edited:

4thamp1

Aug 24, 2017
Healthy Choice Siracha Chicken 34 grams of chicken protein for about $5 ready in 6 minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: Pudly76

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
Sorry guys, but I just can’t help it..

Jack in the Box tacos do it for me late at night.
Back in the day we would hit the old Tommy's in Eagle Rock after a night of partying. Next day my car would smell like Tommy's all day

• Haha

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Jersey Mikes sandwich. Great deli sandwiches + fast orders. Pricey though. Unfortunately no senior discounts.

View attachment 540790
I prefer JM to Subway or Togo's. However, I don't eat bread anymore so I order JM's tuna tub which is the sandwich, minus the bread. Only 8 grams of carbs, but 22 grams of protein. They add the right amount of pepper and I like the small chunks of celery.

Healthy Choice Siracha Chicken 34 grams of chicken protein for about $5 ready in 6 minutes.
I'm always sus of any product claiming to be "healthy". I checked the nutrition and ingredients on this one...

44 grams of carbs! Yikes. 570 mg of sodium.

First ingredient I came to that was an instant no for me is carrageenan. It's used as an emulsifier and is absolutely a cancer-causing additive. The canola and soy were also a no.

It's affordable and quick and does have good protein. Just not healthy. And I get that most fast food isn't healthy, I object to those who market themselves as such.

Sorry guys, but I just can’t help it..

Jack in the Box tacos do it for me late at night.
I did like those. I also liked the El Pollo crunchy tacos but they don't serve them anymore.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Veebs, your JM order with no bread made me think about this order. Awhile back, I was at McDonald's with my family. I'm in line, in front of me were an Indian (India) mom with 2 kids ordering. She orders 3 Big Macs no meat and emphasizes to put lots of lettuce and tomatoes. The McDonald's girl says please repeat dat again. So she tells da girl her order. The McDonald's girl said, sorry we do not have tomatoes, we can put extra lettuce, but I must charge you the full price. The Indian mom said, no tomatoes, the McDonald's in India have tomatoes. Girl replies, maybe so, but not here in California. Dam, I kept thinking she paid full price for 3 Big Mac’s without da meat and tomatoes…

Last edited:

dblwall

Aug 24, 2017
My wife and daughter absolutely love Capriottis sandwich shop. They always get the Bobbie. There's a reason it was voted the best sandwich in America.

cap.png

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
My wife and daughter absolutely love Capriottis sandwich shop. They always get the Bobbie. There's a reason it was voted the best sandwich in America.

View attachment 540983
Not a sammich connoisseur, but I've never heard of Capriotti's or The Bobbie. Apparently it's a chain from Delaware and Bobbie was the original owner's aunt. Sounds a lot like the Moist Maker from Friends which I also knew nothing about (because I didn't watch the show) until coming across an article last year.

Best deli sammich I ever had was at Canter's. Their Challah bread is outrageous. Plus they have a bakery side and they make the best rugula. I wish they weren't so far away.

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
Howlin' Ray's Chicken Sandwich (the fries are great too). If you're not near Downtown or Pasadena, next up is Popeye's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Not quite like Ray's but pretty good nevertheless.

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
Is Ono’s considered fast food? If so, their Mac salad is my bomb. I think I could make a meal of just that. And pretty much everything else they have is fantastic.

• Wow

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
Another sinful pleasure is the pastrami burger from “the hat”, although the mad Greek made a pretty decent one too..
The Hat owners (brothers) are SC Alum. One of the brothers has a mansion on Oak Grove in San Marino with an SC flag outside. Many years ago as a water company CS rep I got called to check out a loud vibrating noise in their classic old mansion. I went to the basement which was very large and sure enough every few minutes there would be the loud vibrating noise which even vibrated the huge wooden beams under the house. So, I knew it was water related. I asked if they had a bathroom nearby......they showed me to the maids quarters which was in the basement. once inside I went directly to the bathroom...(not in the literal sense-))......I lifted the toilet tank top and sure enough there was an intermittent toilet leak at the flapper.....so when the level got low the toilet would refill causing the brass rod with the float would vibrate like a tuning fork and in turn would make the whole house vibrate. Sorry for the long story.....I encountered so many interesting situations in my 35 years as a water worker, I could write a book....-)....Like one time cutomer said they were getting blue water at their kitchen sink....I WAS LIKE YA SURE YOU ARE.....but sure enough I opened their spigot ands yup....blue water. It was a low pressure area and so the upstairs commode was back siphoning back into supply line and coming out on the first floor. It was coming from that blue toilet cleaner inn the tank.....ok stories over...sorry.........BTW Hat guy gave me a free Pastrami and fries

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
..blue water. It was a low pressure area and so the upstairs commode was back siphoning back into supply line and coming out on the first floor. It was coming from that blue toilet cleaner inn the tank.....
Eeewww..!!

Reactions: jaycee993