FB Recruiting Hot

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Wow dis year's 2025 recruiting is Mucho Hot. C.LR, AC and support staff are doing A+ work recruiting players so far. Wondering if it's hard work or the new NIL approach by USC? What eva da reasons, it's working and bringing in top players. Let's see if C.LR and staff are able to get Calif. top players.

Shoot wished dis recruiting uptick happened last year with da amazing 2024 Calif class. Dam, USC lost 95% of them to other schools. Anyway, USC's 2025 class is shaping into a top 8 class. Right On...

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Wow dis year's 2025 recruiting is Mucho Hot. C.LR, AC and support staff are doing A+ work recruiting players so far. Wondering if it's hard work or the new NIL approach by USC? What eva da reasons, it's working and bringing in top players. Let's see if C.LR and staff is able to get Calif. top players.

Shoot wished dis uptick took place last year with da amazing 2024 Calif class. Dam, USC lost 95% of them to other schools. Anyway, da 2025 class is shaping into a top 6 class. Right On...
Three new ✌️yesterday.. will be announcing starting today, I believe.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Wondering if it's hard work or the new NIL approach by USC? What eva da reasons, it's working and bringing in top players. Let's see if C.LR and staff are able to get Calif. top players.
There's no doubt the coaching staff is working hard. But there can also be no doubt that the "new" NIL approach is the #1 cause.

Once the judge ruled in the NCAA vs Tennessee case, it was basically "gates open". Clearly, Folt and the powers that be were concerned about getting in trouble again so they played it safe. Gentleman Dipwad, the former head coach was the right dupe to play along with that.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
There's no doubt the coaching staff is working hard. But there can also be no doubt that the "new" NIL approach is the #1 cause.

Once the judge ruled in the NCAA vs Tennessee case, it was basically "gates open". Clearly, Folt and the powers that be were concerned about getting in trouble again so they played it safe. Gentleman Dipwad, the former head coach was the right dupe to play along with that.
Thanxs Sista for dat info and reasons for surge in recruiting. Shaka🤙the new NIL ruling just woke up da Sleeping Giant. Man, wish C.LR and staff recovers with Calif recruiting. Too many of Calif top players are going to da Ducks, Texas, Bama, UGA and SEC. USC must stop da bleeding...

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Thanxs Sista for dat info and reasons for surge in recruiting. Shaka🤙the new NIL ruling just woke up da Sleeping Giant. Man, wish C.LR and staff recovers with Calif recruiting. Too many of Calif top players are going to da Ducks, Texas, Bama, UGA and SEC. USC must shut out these schools and sign our top players...
Just a question for ya Canyon..

How many of those “great” players from SJB or MDHS have excelled at the college level lately? Heck I bet Serra has more pros than either school.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017

How many of those “great” players from SJB or MDHS have excelled at the college level lately? Heck I bet Serra has more pros than either school.
I can't answer that but there is no question that MD's '24, '25, and even '26 class are talent-laden so their full potential isn't known yet.

20204- Nate Frazier, Aydin Breland, DeAndre Carter, Zabien Brown, Brandon Baker.....all out of state.

From Bosco, there's Uiagalelei who was the #2 rated Edge in 2023, had a solid year as a freshman for the floats. Peyton Woodyard hasn't had a chance yet. Deven Bryant red-shirted but he contended for a Natty. WR DeAndre Moore is expected to have a breakout year for Texas. OT Earnest Greene will start this year.

Bryce Young, Tommy Brown, Eli Ricks.

And that just covers MD and SJB. There are plenty of recent, talented SoCal players who left the state to play elsewhere.

Side note- I was watching a few innings of lswho and Vandy baseball, could not believe how many SoCal kids are on both rosters. I mean I can believe it but dang....why not at USC?

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I can't answer that but there is no question that MD's '24, '25, and even '26 class are talent-laden so their full potential isn't known yet.

20204- Nate Frazier, Aydin Breland, DeAndre Carter, Zabien Brown, Brandon Baker.....all out of state.

From Bosco, there's Uiagalelei who was the #2 rated Edge in 2023, had a solid year as a freshman for the floats. Peyton Woodyard hasn't had a chance yet. Deven Bryant red-shirted but he contended for a Natty. WR DeAndre Moore is expected to have a breakout year for Texas. OT Earnest Greene will start this year.

Bryce Young, Tommy Brown, Eli Ricks.

And that just covers MD and SJB. There are plenty of recent, talented SoCal players who left the state to play elsewhere.

Side note- I was watching a few innings of lswho and Vandy baseball, could not believe how many SoCal kids are on both rosters. I mean I can believe it but dang....why not at USC?
We’re still turning the baseball team around. They’ve started winning again lately and hopefully coach Stank will keep them home again.

As far as football, let’s not count our chickens before they hatch. Where’s Tommy Brown now? There is one obvious one you left of your list, Amon Ra..

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017

Dang Bruddah you had to ask dat question. OK, you forced me to go work. In all my post, my gripe is not just MD and SJB but Calif as a whole. Dat C.LR has poorly recruited Calif HS players. This list proves Calif is loaded with top FB players. Warning this list is very long and I’m sure many were left out. These are players dat USC did not ink since Sark days as HC. Guaranty C.PC, C.Kiffin would have signed most of them. Even C.Helton did well his first 3 years as HC. So what's C.LR problem?

Even if USC inked 50% of these players, they would have made USC a top 5 team. Freaken sad dat so many of our top players played for other schools...

Bryce Young, QB, Bama, 2020, AA, Heisman
DJ Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson, 2020
Jake Browning, QB, UDub, 2017, All League
Najee Harris, RB, Bama, 2017, AA, Heisman finalist
Kayvon Thibodeaux,De, Ducks, 2019, AA, All Pac 12
Brock Bowers, TE, UGA, 2021, AA, All SEC
Vontaze Burfict, LB, 2009, ASU, AA, All PAC 12
Wyatt Davis, OL, Ohio St., 2017, AA, All Big 10
Jonah Williams, OL, Bama, 2017, AA, All SEC
Jaelan Phillips, DE, UCLA/Miami, 2017, AA, All PAC 12, All ACC
Jayden Daniels, QB, ASU/LSU, 2019, AA, Heisman
Zach Charbonnet, RB, Mich/UCLA 2019, All PAC 12
Drake Metcalf, OL, Stanford, 2019, AA, All PAC 12
Clark Phillips, DB, Utah, 2020, AA, All PAC 12
Boss Tagaloa, DL, UCLA, 2019, All PAC 12
Henry To’otoo, LB, Tenn/Bama, 2019, All SEC
Elias Ricks, DB, LSU, Bama, 2020, All SEC
Justin Flowe, LB, Ducks, 2020, All PAC 12
Desean Jackson, WR, Cal, 2005, AA, All PAC 12
Arik Armstead, DL, Ducks, 2012, AA, All PAC 12
Joe Mixon, RB, OU, 2014, All Big 12
Royce Freeman, RB, Ducks, 2014, All PAC 12
DeAnthony Thomas, RB, Ducks, 2011, AA, All PAC 12
Kyle Murphy, OL, Stanford, 2015, AA, All PAC 12
Eddie Vanderdos, DL, UCLA 2015, All PAC 12
Kahilil McKenzie, DL, Tenn, 2015, All SEC

Most of these players 2019-2022 list, 90+ % were either AA or All League.

*2019. Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA, Mykael Wright, DB, Ducks, Mase Funa, DE, Ducks, Jacob Bandes, OL, UDub, Trent McDuffie, DB, UDub, Jaiden Woodbey, DB, FSU, Danny Holmes, DB, UCLA

*2020. CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio St, Kendall Milton, RB, UGA, Clark Phillips, DB, Utah, Jalen McMillian, WR, UDub, Jermaine Burton, WR, UGA/Bama, Kourt Williams, LB, Ohio St, Tobin Phillips, DL, Stanford, Drake Metcalf, OL, Stanford

*2021. Troy Franklin, WR, Ducks, Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas, Jay Toia, DL, UCLA, Byron Cardwell, RB, Ducks, Keanu Williams, DL, Ohio St

*2022. T.Mac-MacMillian, WR, Zona, Mason Graham, DL, Mich, Earnest Green, OL, UGA, David Bailey, LB/DE Stanford, Grace Halton, DL, OU, Hero Kanu, DL, Ohio St, CJ Williams, WR, USC/Wisconsin,

*2023. Nico Iamaleava, QB, Tenn, Matayo Uiagalelei, DL, Ducks, Rodrick Pleasant, DB, Ducks, Roderick Robinson, RB, UGA, Collins Acheampong, DL, Miami, Levictius Sua, LB, Zona, Cameron Brandt, DL, Mich., Jurrion Dickey, WR, Ducks.

*2024. Julian Sayer, QB, Bama/Ohio St, Elijah Brown, QB, Stanford, Brandon Baker, OL, Texas, Aydin Breland, DL, Ducks, Jericho Johnson, DL, Ducks, DeAndre Carter, OL, Auburn, Manesse Itele, OL, Florida St, Kingston V.Asa, LB, ND, Nate Frazier, RB, UGA, Mark Schroller, OL, UCLA,

*2025. Still in progress, but these players are leaning to other schools. Nasir Wyatt, LB, Ducks, Jordan Davison, RB, Texas/Ohio St, Jackson Lloyd, OL, Bama, Matt Johnson, DE, Ducks, Alhasson Iddrissu, DE, Minnesota, Abduall Sanders, LB, Bama, John Mills, OL, Texas

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Dang Bruddah you had to ask dat question. OK, you forced me to go work. In all my post, my gripe is not just MD and SJB but Calif as a whole. This list proves Calif is loaded with top FB players. Warning this list is very long and I’m sure many were left out. These are players dat USC did not ink since Sark days as HC. Guaranty C.PC, C.Kiffin would have signed most of them. Even C.Helton did well his first 3 years as HC.

Even if USC inked 50% of these players, they would have made USC a top 5 team. Freaken sad dat so many of our top players went to other schools...

Bryce Young, QB, Bama, 2020
DJ Uiagallelei, QB, Clemson, 2020
Jake Brown, QB, UDub, 2017
Najee Harris, RB, Bama, 2017
Kayvon Thibodeaux,De, Ducks, 2019
Brock Bowers, TE, UGA, 2021
Vontaze Burfict, LB, 2019, ASU
Wyatt Davis, OL, Ohio St., 2017
Jonah Williams, OL, Bama, 2017
Jaelan Phillips, DE, UCLA/Miami, 2017
Jayden Daniels, QB, ASU, 2019
Zach Charbonnet, RB, Mich/UCLA 2019
Drake Metcalf, OL, Stanford, 2019
Clark Phillips, DB, Utah, 2020
Boss Tagaloa, DL, UCLA, 2019
Henry To’otoo, LB, Tenn/Bama, 2019
Elias Ricks, DB, LSU, Bama, 2020
Justin Flowe, LB, Ducks, 2020
Desean Jackson, WR, Cal, 2015
Arik Armstead, DL, Ducks, 2012
Joe Mixon, RB, OU, 2014
Royce Freeman, RB, Ducks, 2014
DeAntohny Thomas, RB, Ducks, 2011
Kyle Murphy, OL, Stanford, 2015
Eddie Vanderdos, DL, UCLA 2015
Kahilil McKenzie, DL, Tenn, 2015

*2019. Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA, Mykael Wright, DB, Ducks, Mase Funa, DE, Ducks, Jacob Bandes, OL, UDub, Trent McDuffie, DB, UDub, Jaiden Woodbey, DB, FSU, Danny Holmies, DB, UCLA

*2020. CJ Stoud, QB, Ohio St, Kendall Milton, RB, UGA, Clark Phillips, DB, Utah, Jalen McMillian, WR, UDub, Jermaine Burton, WR, UGA/Bama, Kourt Williams, LB, Ohio St, Tobin Phillips, DL, Stanford, Drake Metcalf, OL, Stanford

*2021. Troy Franklin, WR, Ducks, Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas, Jay Toia, DL, Ucla, Byron Cardwell, RB, Ducks, Keanu Williams, DL, Ohio St

*2022. T.Mac-MacMillian, WR, Mason Graham, DL, Mich, Zona, Earnest Green, OL, UGA, David Bailey, LB/DE Stanford, Grace Halton, DL, OU, Hero Kanu, DL, Ohio St, CJ Williams, WR, USC/Wisconsin,

*2013. Nico Iamaleava, QB, Tenn, Matayo Uiagalelei, DL, Ducks, Rodrick Pleasant, DB, Ducks, Roderick Robinson, RB, UGA, Collins Acheampong, DL, Miami, Levictius Sua, LB, Zona, Cameron Brandt, DL, Mich., Jurrion Dickey, WR, Ducks.

*2024. Julian Sayer, QB, Bama/Ohio St, Brandon Baker, OL, Texas, Aydin Breland, DL, Ducks, Jericho Johnson, DL, Ducks, DeAndre Carter, OL, Auburn, Manesse Itele, OL, Florida St, Kingston V.Asa, LB, ND, Nate Frazier, RB, UGA, Mark Schroller, OL, UCLA,

*2025. Still in progress, but they are leaning to other schools. Nasir Wyatt, LB, Ducks, Jordan Davison, RB, Texas/Ohio St, Jackson Lloyd, OL, Bama, Matt Johnson, DE, Ducks, Alhasson Iddrissu, DE, Minnesota, Abduall Sanders, LB, Bama, John Mills, OL, Texas
I love the work you did, but Najee Harris was from NorCal. And while many are on rosters, most haven’t really done much, like DJ or Justin Flowe. For all the can’t miss 5*recruits, sure aren’t many all-Americans..

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
I love the work you did, but Najee Harris was from NorCal. And while many are on rosters, most haven’t really done much, like DJ or Justin Flowe. For all the can’t miss 5*recruits, sure aren’t many all-Americans..
Bruddah, Najee Harris and many others on da list were from the North or Central CIF. Dat's what da list was about, Calif HS players dat USC did not get. As far as All Americans there are a good number dat were AA 1st, 2nd, 3rd string or HM recipients. And, most (90+%) on da list, 2022 and down were All League, PAC12, SEC, Big 10, etc. 2023 and 2024 players on da list time will tell, but I guaranty most will make All League.

I believe Calif produces A+ HS FB players. Our HS run sophisticated O & D and are well conditioned. Look back at Calif HS big interstate games & results da last 25 years, our teams have won about 85% of the games. And, in a big fashion-killed their opponents. I strongly feel, C.LR should recruit Calif much stronger. Limit Oregon and others from signing our best FB players. Dat has been my rant since C.LR became HC. For what eva da reasons, C.LR has recruited Calif HS poorly. We got top FB boys...

Now, it's my turn to ask you some questions. Seems like you do not think highly of Calif players? 2nd, your thoughts of C.LR recruiting efforts in 2023 and 2024 of Calif players? Cheers.

Peace & Aloha

Last edited:

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Read dat Romero Ison, WR, Maryland is the next commit? Fast dude, 10.8 100 m. Yeah baby speed kills.

Julian Lewis must be liking his WR, TE + RB groups at USC. Can't wait to see JL do his thing under C.LR O.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Lewis may stick but don't count bama or auburn out just yet.
Whoa, just 3 weeks ago I was concerned with UGA hard recruiting of Lewis. But you replied dat JL mostly likely sticks to his commitment. Did not know Bama and Auburn are major threats as well. Dang, we can not lose J.Lewis, CLR is going all in for him and not recruiting another QB for 2025. If he goes elsewhere, it would kill our QB room 2025 season. M.Moss is graduating 2024.

Dang, C.LR must keep recruiting J.Lewis hard, too many sharks out there... Most of all have a plan B, start looking and recruiting other top QB's. But, most of the top QB's have already committed to other schools. In da end, I just pray J.Lewis signs with USC..

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Whoa, just 3 weeks ago I was concerned with UGA hard recruiting of Lewis. But you replied dat JL mostly likely sticks to his commitment. Did not know Bama and Auburn are major threats as well. Dang, we can not lose J.Lewis, CLR is going all in for him. If he goes elsewhere, it would kill our QB room after 2024 season. M.Moss is graduating. Dang, C.LR must keep recruiting J.Lewis hard, too many sharks out there...
We do have the transfer from Nevada, no?

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Whoa, just 3 weeks ago I was concerned with UGA hard recruiting of Lewis. But you replied dat JL mostly likely sticks to his commitment. Did not know Bama and Auburn are major threats as well. Dang, we can not lose J.Lewis, CLR is going all in for him. If he goes elsewhere, it would kill our QB room after 2024 season. M.Moss is graduating. Dang, C.LR must keep recruiting J.Lewis hard, too many sharks out there...
USC may not lose him but yes, they can. There are other very talented QB's out there. Lewis lacks size and maybe he grows a bit this year but he's not going to make or break any program.

The QB room needs another player from the portal IMO anyway.

Cactus Jack, Travis Scott' apparel company, made deals with 28 schools.

I get it, he's a rapper, and the athletes like him. Personally, I have zero respect for him. He's repeatedly endangered concert-goers with his behavior and encouragement, he's shown little to no respect for the venues that host his performances. But I guess he's gotta keep those businesses rolling to help pay off the 327 lawsuits he's facing.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
USC may not lose him but yes, they can. There are other very talented QB's out there. Lewis lacks size and maybe he grows a bit this year but he's not going to make or break any program.

The QB room needs another player from the portal IMO anyway.

Cactus Jack, Travis Scott' apparel company, made deals with 28 schools.

I get it, he's a rapper, and the athletes like him. Personally, I have zero respect for him. He's repeatedly endangered concert-goers with his behavior and encouragement, he's shown little to no respect for the venues that host his performances. But I guess he's gotta keep those businesses rolling to help pay off the 327 lawsuits he's facing.
My daughter has worked with him (Travis) and would agree with your assessment

• Sad
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Latest posts