FC: Braves Acuna done for the season !

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
ACL injury…..tough injury. Phil’s chances just improved a bit. Hope he comes back strong next season excellent player.

• Wow
Reactions: Mufasa94

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Us Phillies fans won’t miss Acuna, but we also aren’t foolish enough to write off the Braves. There is too much respect for that organization to completely discount them and think that they are done.

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
Wasn’t he accused of beating his wife? Not sure what happened with that at the end of the day.

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
Us Phillies fans won’t miss Acuna, but we also aren’t foolish enough to write off the Braves. There is too much respect for that organization to completely discount them and think that they are done.
Yes, they will make a deal or two at the trade deadline for another OF bat.

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Why the exclamation point in you title post then?
Like I said…….you have an issue with reading comprehension. Take a closer look this time….slow down….a season ending injury to any player is a big deal. Thus the exclamation point. Finally, I clearly wished him well next season when he is expected to return. Have a nice day….

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Like I said…….you have an issue with reading comprehension. Take a closer look this time….slow down….a season ending injury to any player is a big deal. Thus the exclamation point. Finally, I clearly wished him well next season when he is expected to return. Have a nice day….
Have a nice day as well. The Braves won it all last time Acuña tore his knee apart. ✌️

Reactions: Whart

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
A 26-year-old who has already made almost $40M and is guaranteed, regardless of health, to make at least $60M more to play a kids game gets a boo-boo knee, and grown men fight with each other over an exclamation point.

Everything is normal ... nothing to see here ...

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
A 26-year-old who has already made almost $40M and is guaranteed, regardless of health, to make at least $60M more to play a kids game gets a boo-boo knee, and grown men fight with each other over an exclamation point.

Merica 2024.

Reactions: marshall23

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
Andruw Jones and Bobby Cox back in the day also. This franchise has a history of the behavior.
I wouldnt defend such behavior, but It's all of sports my friend. There are many, in sports, who are a abusers of women.

Reactions: PSUJam

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Andruw Jones and Bobby Cox back in the day also. This franchise has a history of the behavior.
Ozuna was a Marlin and a Cardinal before he signed with the Braves. To connect his behavior with the franchise is disingenuous. I understand your hatred for the Braves but this is a stretch.

Reactions: Alphalion75

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Ozuna was a Marlin and a Cardinal before he signed with the Braves. To connect his behavior with the franchise is disingenuous. I understand your hatred for the Braves but this is a stretch.
He signed with the Braves in 2020. He was arrested for aggravated assault by strangulation and battery on May 29, 2021. He’s still a Brave, so I guess they are ok with the behavior. FYI, he was arrested for DUI in 2022. Seems like a model citizen. The Braves must be proud.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I wouldnt defend such behavior, but It's all of sports my friend. There are many, in sports, who are an abusers of women.
Agree. So, the Braves kept him around, though. I guess they condone the behavior?

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
He signed with the Braves in 2020. He was arrested for aggravated assault by strangulation and battery on May 29, 2021. He’s still a Brave, so I guess they are ok with the behavior. FYI, he was arrested for DUI in 2022. Seems like a model citizen. The Braves must be proud.
Aroldis Chapman has signed with 5 different teams, twice with the Yankees, since his incident in 2015. The Yankees, Cubs, Royals, Rangers and Pirates must be proud.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Aroldis Chapman has signed with 5 different teams, twice with the Yankees, since his incident in 2015. The Yankees, Cubs, Royals, Rangers and Pirates must be proud.
Good deflection. I wouldn’t have signed him if I were those teams. The bigger issue is that the league continues to pretend to care about the behavior, but if you are a good player, they sometimes are willing to look the other way. That’s disappointing.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Good deflection. I wouldn’t have signed him if I were those teams. The bigger issue is that the league continues to pretend to care about the behavior, but if you are a good player, they sometimes are willing to look the other way. That’s disappointing.
So the Braves should have cut him so the Yankees (or worse yet Phillies) could sign him to make another WS run. Good logic.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
So the Braves should have cut him so the Yankees (or worse yet Phillies) could sign him to make another WS run. Good logic.
If MLB (and or the teams) want to decrease the behavior then, yes, the player should be cut/indefinitely suspended, etc. Ray Rice style. The issue with the Braves is that they have had at least 3 high profile guys, over the years, get arrested for domestic violence while playing/managing in a Braves uniform. Jones, Cox, and Ozuna. What did the organization do to punish them? Anything? I didn’t bring up Dave Justice because I don’t think he was arrested, but he was accused of domestic violence while playing for the Braves as well. I get you love your team, but pretending all the other teams do it to, doesn’t address or deter the problem.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The Phillies don’t appear to need him, they own the Braves in the postseason.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
If MLB (and or the teams) want to decrease the behavior then, yes, the player should be cut/indefinitely suspended, etc. Ray Rice style. The issue with the Braves is that they have had at least 3 high profile guys, over the years, get arrested for domestic violence while playing/managing in a Braves uniform. Jones, Cox, and Ozuna. What did the organization do to punish them? Anything? I didn’t bring up Dave Justice because I don’t think he was arrested, but he was accused of domestic violence while playing for the Braves as well. I get you love your team, but pretending all the other teams do it to, doesn’t address or deter the problem.
The Yankees signed Justice, Jones, and Chapman twice AFTER they had incidents. (Edit: Jones' incident happened while he was with the Yankees. Nice try though)They didn't punish their behavior, they gave them big freaking contracts and REWARDED them. The Braves players played out their contracts and weren't resigned. There's a difference. It's not my job to deter the problem. I'm not going to pretend to boycott it like all of those said they were going to with the NFL. It's entertainment to me. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
BTW, the Phillies also resigned a wife beater.

"On May 27, 2019, Herrera was arrested for a domestic violence incident in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Charges were ultimately dropped, but MLB suspended him for the remainder of the season. Herrera was designated for assignment prior to the 2020 season, and the COVID-19 pandemic prevented him from playing in Minor League Baseball that year. He spent nearly two years away from American professional baseball before the Phillies re-signed him in 2021."

Also, here at a stadium near my home, according to you the Phillies were teaching domestic abuse years ago.

Last edited:

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah but unlike the Phillies the Braves won the World Series in 2021 despite missing Acuña for the second half of the season.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021

A boo boo knee? Is that what we’re calling completely torn ACLs these days?