FC/OT: Article says Franklin tried to interfere with team doctors…

Zenophile

Oct 7, 2021
Of the things about Coach Franklin that may be of concern, the authenticity of his affection for the players ranks near the bottom.

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
Of the things about Coach Franklin that may be of concern, the authenticity of his affection for the players ranks near the bottom.

I don’t know about that.

I know if someone were to give testimony under oath that made me look like a two faced POS I would demand that Penn State put me on the stand to refute the statements. If PSU did not I would take the guy offering such testimony to court to clear my name and reputation.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Sounds like, oh PSU has deep pockets and pays people off to go away so I will bring a wrongful termination suit against them because they fired me. In PA, you are an at will employee and can be let go at any time. I am sure there is more to it then what is being sensationalized in this article to get clicks and cause outrage.

Zenophile

Oct 7, 2021
I don’t know about that.

I know if someone were to give testimony under oath that made me look like a two faced POS I would demand that Penn State put me on the stand to refute the statements. If PSU did not I would take the guy offering such testimony to court to clear my name and reputation.
He's been dismissed from the lawsuit. I'm not an attorney, but I don't think the play is to try to get back on the defendant list.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t know about that.

Seriously. What a clown post.

Reactions: Omar81

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
He's been dismissed from the lawsuit. I'm not an attorney, but I don't think the play is to try to get back on the defendant list.
I guess I’m different. If someone gave testimony that made me look like a POS, under oath at a public trial, and it was reported in the press I would do something about it.
He's been dismissed from the lawsuit. I'm not an attorney, but I don't think the play is to try to get back on the defendant
What defendant list?

Call me old fashioned, but if I was falsely accused of putting my own interests over those of an injured person, I would stand up and hit back.
Seriously. What a clown post.
You should know.

Reactions: Ironman2

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
You know how you guys are always bitching about being in the shadow of Michigan and Ohio State? If not for that shadow this **** would be front page news on ESPN. You're welcome
I had to laugh reading this.

I thought, “How small does your dick have to be to post something negative on a website of another school in order to feel better about yourself?”

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Franklin being dismissed from the lawsuit was due to the most technical of technicalities - I think their paperwork to have him included was filed a day late, something like that anyway (I'm sure there were some stories at the time, that someone could Google for more detail). Of course, the rules are the rules.

No idea where this eventually goes.

EDIT: Here is one James Franklin ‘issue’ sparks mistrial in fired Penn State football doctor’s lawsuit - pennlive.com

Reactions: Zenophile

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Franklin being dismissed from the lawsuit was due to the most technical of technicalities - I think their paperwork to have him included was filed a day late, something like that anyway (I'm sure there were some stories at the time, that someone could Google for more detail). Of course, the rules are the rules.

EDIT: Here is one James Franklin ‘issue’ sparks mistrial in fired Penn State football doctor’s lawsuit - pennlive.com

A paralegal must have lost their job over that f*ck up.

Reactions: PSUFTG2

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
I agree that if anything JF keeps players out longer than most coaches. He is very conservative on injured players. The DR (who was terminated from Penn State for some reason) claims that JF told him to reduce the diagnosis to let the player on the field? How does this fit into the claims by the DR in their case?

I heard this on ESPNU at noon and they were stating it was hard to believe JF would do anything to harm a player.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021

Maybe someone can help me out here. I thought the doctor’s claims involved alleged breach of contract and wrongful termination. Since Franklin doesn’t hire or fire this position what cause of action would the doctor have against him even if he was a defendant?

Reactions: OhioLion and LB99

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Maybe someone can help me out here. I thought the doctor’s claims involved alleged breach of contract and wrongful termination. Since Franklin doesn’t hire or fire this position what cause of action would the doctor have against him even if he was a defendant?

If your head coach is questioning your decisions regarding players, and he is the highest paid employee at the university, it is probably not difficult to draw a line from his opinion to the doctor's firing.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
If your head coach is questioning your decisions regarding players, and he is the highest paid employee at the university, it is probably not difficult to draw a line from his opinion to the doctor's firing.
Still doesn’t give Lynch a direct cause of action and right of recovery against Franklin even if he could prove the University fired him in retaliation for criticizing Franklin for allegedly trying to interfere with his medical decisions.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Still doesn’t give Lynch a direct cause of action and right of recovery against Franklin even if he could prove the University fired him in retaliation for criticizing Franklin for allegedly trying to interfere with his medical decisions.

Why not?

Zenophile

Oct 7, 2021
correct

it's a potshot article and Franklin isn't the subject in question but hey its the Internet, have fun y'all!
I love the media.

An all-timer from the Media Spin Machine was when they repurposed the Court Documents(!) that had been submitted by Manufacturer's Insurance in their case against the university as proof that Penn State paid for demonstrably false claims into rock solid proof of the truth of those claims and Paterno's involvement.

Apparently Schrödinger's cat's got absolutely nothing on Court Documents(!).

• Angry
Reactions: ODShowtime

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

I'm just surprised they didn't change it. :cool:

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Because Franklin didn’t hire Lynch or ultimately decide to fire him. I concede that I haven’t read the claims made against Franklin in the pleadings before he was dismissed so I don’t really know what claims were being made against him. The only thing that occurs to me would be tortious interference with the contract between Lynch and PSU. That claim would require Lynch to prove Franklin (1) in fact interfered with his medical decisions and (2) Franklin induced PSU that fire him because he criticized Franklin for doing so. The claim against PSU as I understand it is that the University fired him as an act of retaliation because he claimed Franklin interfered with his medical judgment/decisions. While I am never surprised by anything a jury does any more, I think Lynch has a tough case against the University on the retaliation claim since PSU has cited legitimate reasons for his termination. If Franklin were still a defendant, he would have an even more difficult claim against him in my judgment again because Franklin didn’t fire him. I will be very interested in seeing whether Lynch calls any former player(s) to testify that Franklin tried to interfere with Lynch’s medical advice/treatment plans.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Because Franklin didn’t hire Lynch or ultimately decide to fire him. I concede that I haven’t read the claims made against Franklin in the pleadings before he was dismissed so I don’t really know what claims were being made against him. The only thing that occurs to me would be tortious interference with the contract between Lynch and PSU. That claim would require Lynch to prove Franklin (1) in fact interfered with his medical decisions and (2) Franklin induced PSU that fire him because he criticized Franklin for doing so. The claim against PSU as I understand it is that the University fired him as an act of retaliation because he claimed Franklin interfered with his medical judgment/decisions. While I am never surprised by anything a jury does any more, I think Lynch has a tough case against the University on the retaliation claim since PSU has cited legitimate reasons for his termination. If Franklin were still a defendant, he would have an even more difficult claim against him in my judgment again because Franklin didn’t fire him. I will be very interested in seeing whether Lynch calls any former player(s) to testify that Franklin tried to interfere with Lynch’s medical advice/treatment plans.
What was the complaint under BOB? Wasn't it something similar maybe concussions? I thought that was BS then too. I always thought that had Jay stank on it. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: PSUJam

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
What was the complaint under BOB? Wasn't it something similar maybe concussions? I thought that was BS then too. I always thought that had Jay stank on it. 🤷‍♂️
Fester did not want a doctor present at every practice. Guessing it was a matter of cost. Roped O'Brien in to making a case for it and Billy wound up looking like an idiot (and was told so by someone he respects).

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Fester did not want a doctor present at every practice. Guessing it was a matter of cost. Roped O'Brien in to making a case for it and Billy wound up looking like an idiot (and was told so by someone he respects).
BOB could be easily "led" it seems, from AD's to Journalists.