FC/OT: Dabo Swinney dying on hill of tradition....

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Swinney: 'We live in a capitalist society.'

Also Swinney: “The head of Delta probably makes a lot more than the people who are checking your baggage in,” Swinney pontificated, “but those people are as vital as anybody.”

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Liar is a bit harsh. His comment was made nearly 10 years ago. People's positions often evolve or change over time. I promised my wife I would retire at 67. I meant it at the time but here I am, well into my 70s, and still working. That doesn't make me a liar, it makes me human. She has adjusted and is happy that I am still productive and doing a job I love.
In any event, Dabo, like Joe, Saban, Harbaugh, or dozens of other successful coaches, is going to evoke strong feelings on both sides, and that's fine. Respectful debate is a large part of the American experience.

Yeah, but he hasn't changed his position - it's why he doesn't participate in NIL or the portal; sort of a mini-tantrum/protest over the game moving on without him...

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah, but he hasn't changed his position - it's why he doesn't participate in NIL or the portal; sort of a mini-tantrum/protest over the game moving on without him...
Clemson football does use the NIL (see below)
"According to data provided to The Post and Courier via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, 539 of the 884 NIL deals that were disclosed to the university from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023 were with football players."

As for the portal, we'll see how it works out.

Reactions: Midnighter

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Fine. Was going to tell you about my round at Riverbend coming up later today but too bad!

Heart Love GIF by Sappy Seals
When person A puts person B on ignore, any thread started by B cannot be seen by A. Rick, in some fit of righteous indignation, put me on ignore during this past NFL season and for three straight weeks he kept asking where the NFL game day thread was, not realizing that because I had started that thread he couldn’t see it. Three weeks. I stopped doing this, too easy and cruel, like pulling wings off flies. Oh, Midnighter started a swimsuit thread, maybe he’s a step ahead of me here, lol.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
When person A puts person B on ignore, any thread started by B cannot be seen by A. Rick, in some fit of righteous indignation, put me on ignore during this past NFL season and for three straight weeks he kept asking where the NFL game day thread was, not realizing that because I had started that thread he couldn’t see it. Three weeks. I stopped doing this, too easy and cruel, like pulling wings off flies. Oh, Midnighter started a swimsuit thread, maybe he’s a step ahead of me here, lol.
Hmmmm, just contemplating the possibilities here.