FC/OT: New Bond is imminent….

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
He needs a shave, haircut, a visit to a tailor and probably some etiquette lessons.

Seems like the easy part; hard part already figured out…

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
$100 his name is most Googled name on the internet today... I know I had to effing idea who he was. If he were 10-15 years younger I think Idris Elba would have been ideal.
+1. on the name.
I dont think Idris Elba had any desire to do it after the crap he went through because of the Dark Tower, which had nothing at all to do with him or shouldn't have. It was a bad, very bad screen play.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
+1. on the name.
I dont think Idris Elba had any desire to do it after the crap he went through because of the Dark Tower, which had nothing at all to do with him or shouldn't have. It was a bad, very bad screen play.
Agreed... the story of how he bluffed his way to become Stringer Bell in The Wire is a great one...

Elba also shared that he hid his British accent from the show’s executives and the cast to secure the role.
“There's one casting director, I talk about it all the time, Alexa Fogel. She would put me up for stuff and she said, ‘Hey, listen. This Wire thing's come up. It's called The Wire. It's a pilot,” he said. “They're going to shoot it in January. But if you go in, you cannot let them know you aren't American because they will not — I mean, this is about Baltimore. It's very specific. They don't want any strangers. I mean, please.’"

Elba said he had no issue with the arrangement because he picked up an American accent as a DJ and bouncer living in New Jersey and Brooklyn. But his plan was almost ruined during the last audition when the producers asked him, “Where are you from?”

“They told you, ‘Don’t say nothing,” he said to himself, “I’m thinking, ‘Your accent is ****. They sus-ed you.’
Nervously, he responded, “I'm from East London. The room just exploded.”

During “The Wire’s” critically acclaimed five-season run from 2002 to 2008, Stringer Bell was one of the central characters from seasons one through three before being killed off in one of the show’s most popular episodes.

Reactions: Got GSPs and bbrown

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Hasn't been a credible actor to play James Bond since Sean Connery.
Meaning that nobody has portrayed the James Bond found in the Ian Fleming novels better than Sean Connery?

I’ve never read the Bond novels so I can’t judge how accurately Craig portrays the character, but from my totally cinematic point of view Craig blows away the competition.

Last edited:

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Meaning that nobody has portrayed the James Bond found in the Ian Fleming novels better than Sean Connery?

I’ve never read the Bond novels so I can’t judge how accurately Craig portrays the character, but from a totally cinematic point of view Craig blows away the competition.
You should really read some of Flemings novels. He really does tell a great tale.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Agreed... the story of how he bluffed his way to become Stringer Bell in The Wire is a great one...

Elba also shared that he hid his British accent from the show’s executives and the cast to secure the role.
“There's one casting director, I talk about it all the time, Alexa Fogel. She would put me up for stuff and she said, ‘Hey, listen. This Wire thing's come up. It's called The Wire. It's a pilot,” he said. “They're going to shoot it in January. But if you go in, you cannot let them know you aren't American because they will not — I mean, this is about Baltimore. It's very specific. They don't want any strangers. I mean, please.’"

Elba said he had no issue with the arrangement because he picked up an American accent as a DJ and bouncer living in New Jersey and Brooklyn. But his plan was almost ruined during the last audition when the producers asked him, “Where are you from?”

“They told you, ‘Don’t say nothing,” he said to himself, “I’m thinking, ‘Your accent is ****. They sus-ed you.’
Nervously, he responded, “I'm from East London. The room just exploded.”

During “The Wire’s” critically acclaimed five-season run from 2002 to 2008, Stringer Bell was one of the central characters from seasons one through three before being killed off in one of the show’s most popular episodes.
He was fantastic as Stringer Bell. That ensemble cast had some excellent actors and actresses in it. Bubbles is one of my all-time favorite characters. Mostly because I knew someone like that and scarily enough someone like Omar.

PSU1969A

Nov 3, 2021

I’ve never read the Bond novels so I can’t judge how accurately Craig portrays the character, but from my totally cinematic point of view Craig blows away the competition.
Read all of the original James Bond books by Ian Fleming. It is my opinion that Sean Connery was the best. I haven't seen any with Roger Craig.

Reactions: LionJim and bbrown

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

In the books Bond is described as Hogy Charmichael so I thought Craig fit the look.

Reactions: PSU87

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Completely disagree, if you know bonds childhood. He grew up rough. Craig’s the first guy who dropped the playboy nonsense and showed a nasty edge. I dug him the most
"Rough?" He was orphaned at 11, but led a middle/upper middle class existence.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Hasn't been a credible actor to play James Bond since Sean Connery.
I personally think Connery was the best Bond, but all of them had their moments. I actually very much liked Roger Moore, but he hung on too long, and View to a Kill was just not good. As someone else mentioned, Lazenby actually wasn't bad. I liked Brosnan, Craig was excellent. I think my least favorite was Dalton.

I read all the Fleming books, all the Gardner books as well.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021

Craig and Connery are the top two and the third best is in another universe.

Reactions: LionJim

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021

I grew up watching Roger Moore. For me and many others he was bond. Live and let die to for your eyes only were good. They tried to get pierce brosnan but he was tied up in Remington Steele so Moore did view to a kill and octopussy which to this day I have never watched.