FC: Penn State Football Player Accused of Assaulting Tow Truck Driver

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
@Midnighter You stated that Abdul Carter was being "targeted" and I asked why. Now I'm asking why haven't you answered? I want to know as that is a strong statement. Why do you think he was being targeted?

Reactions: Ironman2

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Can the tow truck driver be suspended for targeting?
Not sure. If it was John Tennis, the only tow truck service operating in the 80's, than you would have wanted him suspended. He was much larger than any of of OL or DL during that period of time. Probably still today!

Reactions: BobPSU92

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
towing an illegally parked car isn't "stealing" it

‘Illegal’? This isn’t public property and not a criminal offense. Also, why was the tow truck driver driving around with his girlfriend at midnight on Saturday?

@Midnighter You stated that Abdul Carter was being "targeted" and I asked why. Now I'm asking why haven't you answered? I want to know as that is a strong statement. Why do you think he was being targeted?

All students are targeted by these companies.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Not sure. If it was John Tennis, the only tow truck service operating in the 80's, than you would have wanted him suspended. He was much larger than any of of OL or DL during that period of time. Probably still today!

Anyone for Tennis?

Reactions: ODShowtime

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
‘Illegal’? This isn’t public property and not a criminal offense. Also, why was the tow truck driver driving around with his girlfriend at midnight on Saturday?

All students are targeted by these companies.
Student?

That’s cute.

He is a well paid football player. He has the $ to pay for the tow. Spare me the indignation that would lump him together with a chemistry student from Tamaqua who is scraping by.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
If I show up at your house and park my car in your front yard, I'm not on public property...however, I am illegally parked.

Maybe his girlfriend was keeping him company while he worked, and the ability to do that is one of the few benefits of his job.

Reactions: WVilleLion23

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Well when you put it like that. I’ll ask you, why is he behind my (your) house?

He's not behind my house. Or is he? Let me get my gun and check .... nope, he's not there.

As to why he's behind your house ... I dunno. I'd probably just ask him, like a normal adult human being.

"Hey, is there a reason you're delivering this package in the back rather than at my front door like everyone else?" I'm pretty sure you could get your answer without pew-pewing anyone.

Now, I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing at some point during your black-out sessions, you were drunk/high-ordering random stuff and, in the special instructions section, you were paranoid that your neighbors would see the new double-headed 20 incher being delivered and typed in "Deliver to the backside. Of the house! Of the house! Although, my mommy will be delivering to my backside later, if you know what I mean! Hey, do you guys deliver weed? I'm hungry. Bring some Takis, too. Love you, delivery dude!"

And now you don't remember doing it.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Student?

That’s cute.

He is a well paid football player. He has the $ to pay for the tow. Spare me the indignation that would lump him together with a chemistry student from Tamaqua who is scraping by.

He is parked at a student housing complex not even in downtown State College. It is massive. There are 600+ residents there (all students). I assume it is a lot like State College Park, which is where I lived one year while at Penn State. If he was 'illegally' parked at such a facility, they seriously do not have enough guest parking spots. And yeah, he's still a student even if he can pay the tow. They probably saw $$$$ when they saw the car he had.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
If I show up at your house and park my car in your front yard, I'm not on public property...however, I am illegally parked.

Maybe his girlfriend was keeping him company while he worked, and the ability to do that is one of the few benefits of his job.

Can I call a tow truck to remove your car from my yard if you're parked there? Probably best if I call the cops. They may want a reasonable effort to find out who owns the vehicle before calling a tow company. You know, like civilized adults.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
He's not behind my house. Or is he? Let me get my gun and check .... nope, he's not there.

As to why he's behind your house ... I dunno. I'd probably just ask him, like a normal adult human being.

"Hey, is there a reason you're delivering this package in the back rather than at my front door like everyone else?" I'm pretty sure you could get your answer without pew-pewing anyone.

Now, I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing at some point during your black-out sessions, you were drunk/high-ordering random stuff and, in the special instructions section, you were paranoid that your neighbors would see the new double-headed 20 incher being delivered and typed in "Deliver to the backside. Of the house! Of the house! Although, my mommy will be delivering to my backside later, if you know what I mean! Hey, do you guys deliver weed? I'm hungry. Bring some Takis, too. Love you, delivery dude!"

And now you don't remember doing it.
This is funny, mom’s the Amazon guy. She called them and asked to make a note to drop at the 3 car, not behind the house. We all understand they are casing the place. You cool with Amazon bro behind your house while you’re not home and your moms is in the hot tub in a very private setting?

Reactions: CbusLion

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
This is funny, mom’s the Amazon guy. She called them and asked to make a note to drop at the 3 car, not behind the house. We all understand they are casing the place. You cool with Amazon bro behind your house while you’re not home and your moms is in the hot tub in a very private setting?
Ah, so you did leave special instructions, and they were bad instructions, but somehow, it's someone else's fault and they're now out to get you, so you need to defend yourself with a gun. From Amazon delivery drivers.

Amazon drivers aren't casing your place.

My mother doesn't live with us, so I'd be surprised to just find her hanging in our hot tub.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
A number of years ago, shortly after building a new house in a new development, we received a delivery of materials to build a Trex deck. The materials were dropped on our driveway and took up at least half of it. I asked all my neighbors if it belonged to them and everyone said no. Since it's a new development, I figured they had to have been misdelivered. There weren't any markings or addresses on the materials, so I called the police. They took a report and basically said I've done everything I can to find an owner, so we can do whatever we want with it. I still waited three weeks, just in case anyone came looking for the materials, before deciding to give the materials to my SIL so she could build a deck at her house in PA. She and her husband packed everything up into a U Haul and took it.

A few weeks later some guy shows up asking about the materials. I told him what happened and to call the cops since I filed a report. That was that.

Reactions: PSUJam

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Ah, so you did leave special instructions, and they were bad instructions, but somehow, it's someone else's fault and they're now out to get you, so you need to defend yourself with a gun. From Amazon delivery drivers.

Amazon drivers aren't casing your place.

My mother doesn't live with us, so I'd be surprised to just find her hanging in our hot tub.
Why come out back tho hmmmm no opinion?

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
A number of years ago, shortly after building a new house in a new development, we received a delivery of materials to build a Trex deck. The materials were dropped on our driveway and took up at least half of it. I asked all my neighbors if it belonged to them and everyone said no. Since it's a new development, I figured they had to have been misdelivered. There weren't any markings or addresses on the materials, so I called the police. They took a report and basically said I've done everything I can to find an owner, so we can do whatever we want with it. I still waited three weeks, just in case anyone came looking for the materials, before deciding to give the materials to my SIL so she could build a deck at her house in PA. She and her husband packed everything up into a U Haul and took it.

A few weeks later some guy shows up asking about the materials. I told him what happened and to call the cops since I filed a report. That was that.

And was the guy who showed up asking about the materials the tow truck driver in the Abdul Carter incident?

Trying to figure out how this story ties into ... anything ...

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Towing companies are annoying when they tow your car.

Also annoying: paying for a parking pass and not being able to park at your own apartment because some idiot visiting is illegally parked in the lot.

People making or actually inventing excuses for Carter in here is bonkers. If he wasn't illegally parked, great. F that towtruck driver and Carter won't be punished. If it's unlawful to insist on name/address for the drop fee, great. F that driver and tow company. I'd prefer it that way, as a fan. But if he parked illegally, got busted, didn't like it so he tried to physically stop the driver from towing him, he was a fool and deserves it. The $300 recovery fee or trashiness of the deliverance tow lot are tertiary at best.

Parking at Aspen State College is included with your rent and is unassigned. So, someone was going out of his way to flag unregistered cars at midnight on a Saturday.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021

Engrish, prease.

Regardless, I'm going off incomplete information ... the recitation of facts from a guy I consider a complete buffoon (at best) ... but if I had to hazard a guess, they're going off bad instructions. Does your mother talk/write incoherently like you do? If so, you're lucky the packages aren't delivered on your roof. If your mother is functional and literate, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they interpret "to the garage" as "behind the garage."

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Can I call a tow truck to remove your car from my yard if you're parked there? Probably best if I call the cops. They may want a reasonable effort to find out who owns the vehicle before calling a tow company. You know, like civilized adults.
If it's a frequent problem at my house and I've gone through the proper channels and posted who/where is doing the towing, then absolutely. Or, are you advocating that every illegally parked vehicle in State College should involve the police? If so, then I hope residents are ready to pay the OT or hire some new officers, as I'm sure it's a very common issue.

CbusLion

Oct 28, 2021
Engrish, prease.

Regardless, I'm going off incomplete information ... the recitation of facts from a guy I consider a complete buffoon (at best) ... but if I had to hazard a guess, they're going off bad instructions. Does your mother talk/write incoherently like you do? If so, you're lucky the packages aren't delivered on your roof. If your mother is functional and literate, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they interpret "to the garage" as "behind the garage."
I'm learning to decipher, it's actually been worth it.

If a delivery driver is walking in my backyard, I'm annoyed. If he had bad delivery instructions, ok I guess, but I wouldn't know that upon seeing them.

Don't shoot on sight, but it's reasonable to not want strangers walking into your backyard, especially depending on where you live.

CbusLion

Oct 28, 2021
Parking at Aspen State College is included with your rent and is unassigned. So, someone was going out of his way to flag unregistered cars at midnight on a Saturday.

If Carter lives there, is allowed to park there, and there was no reason to tow, AWESOME. Tow truck driver bad, Carter good, Penn State football good.

If his car is unregistered or for any reason NOT allowed to park where he was parked, then the tow was legitimate right?

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Ok, I peeked to find out what was being talked about and I think you can use some help, so follow these instructions:

To put someone on ignore, mouse over their avatar (for Moogy it's the orange M) and an information box will appear. Pull the mouse down into the box and click on the word "ignore" which is found on the lower left corner next to the word "follow".

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
If Carter lives there, is allowed to park there, and there was no reason to tow, AWESOME. Tow truck driver bad, Carter good, Penn State football good.

If his car is unregistered or for any reason NOT allowed to park where he was parked, then the tow was legitimate right?
Of course the towing was legitimate...but some have an issue with towing, regardless if the car was illegally parked.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Of course the towing was legitimate...but some have an issue with towing, regardless if the car was illegally parked.
No, it wasn't legitimate. The second Carter said he'd pay the drop fee it should have been over. I'm sure it was quite heated before then but assuming he actually agreed to pay, which the video may confirm one way or the other, the driver should have settled down.

Reactions: Midnighter
Oct 12, 2021
I'll bet he was working for the HOA in disguise while looking for your boat trailer. 🤣

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Ok, I peeked to find out what was being talked about and I think you can use some help, so follow these instructions:

To put someone on ignore, mouse over their avatar (for Moogy it's the orange M) and an information box will appear. Pull the mouse down into the box and click on the word "ignore" which is found on the lower left corner next to the word "follow".
I have lion Jim and that navy guy on ignore but every post they make I click on “read ignored post” so basically proving I don’t have the discipline to pull it off but thanks the same

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Engrish, prease.

speechless moms getting made fun of

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
speechless moms getting made fun of

No one is making fun of your mother. You're spending this thread trying to be a victim, and failing. Shouldn't you be planning your next offensive against the Amazon Army?

I'm making fun of you, for thinking that Amazon drivers are out to get you and your family, and thinking you need a gun to protect yourself from the folks who deliver the packages you order.

Last edited:

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
You’re giving me way too much credit if you think I’m skillfully opining for sympathy from the Tom board. Not sure where you’re coming from. I hope a vendor, any vendor, strolls into your backyard while you’re on a business trip and strolls up to your moms while she’s solo, assuming you have a private estate style backyard as your Rick does