Few observations about this weekend

Sunshinedynomite 1

Oct 14, 2021
First off JB is a USA wrestling legend but after comments made @ NCAA and then with Mitch sorry you walk into the terrordome you may not have friends

Hawkeye fans so happy for Spencer but I truly feel if the 4 NLWC loss and Spencer won they would be happier than spencer taking silver and the 4 NLWC wrestlers won Olympic gold.

I used to think Greco wrestlers let it fly but it seems like a very boring discipline

AB is the next Snyder.

snyder next topic dude is a beast.

last comment hopefully we see Carter @ 197 next year.

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
How did PSU do hosting the Olympic trials-not just the crowds, but the hotels, transportation, food (I saw there was a buffet at the next door Pegula Arena), parking, security, public address announcing etc.?
After seeing his interview, love to see Carter back at PSU at a much higher weight-he sees it as a challenge and discussed how he and athletes like Levi do not want to cut weight like they did this season. He said in the interview he will discuss his health challenges and returning to PSU with Cael in the near future and we should know within the next few weeks as PSU needs to fill out his roster. Carter had nothing but great things to say about PSU coaching staff and sees PSU as continuing its dominance of college wrestling and having the top training center in USA, What a celebration of how one man Cael has turned PSU into the mecca of college/international training. What a job by PSU wrestling staff and NLWC head Jake Varner-who wrestled for Cael at Iowa State and was an Olympic gold medalist. Now many PSU wrestlers after graduating from college wrestle with NLWC or transition to MMA.

Reactions: psu7276

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
How did PSU do hosting the Olympic trials-not just the crowds, but …. parking, security, public address announcing etc.?
I saw on Facebook, so it must be true, that on Friday morning there was an announcement of a car with the description and plates that had to be moved because it was improperly parked. It was eventually towed and was allegedly Tom Ryan’s ride.

• Haha
Reactions: LB99

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Manatee-love your sense of humor!! How could ANYTHING not be true if posted on Facebook!!

Reactions: manatree

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
The two days were amazing. I spent some time talking with few wrestlers, past and present and future from Psu, OK state, Osu, RU, NC state, Indiana and a lot of time talking with talking to parents. The parents seemed to know and have stories about a lot of current wrestlers (national, not PSU). All were very nice, except for one.

One of the parents, who I talked a good bit to, I asked about next year at psu. She said her opinion and some additional details, then said we will do what Cael says, (in a totally posive way) .

Nothing really new in what she said, just interesting how they are dealing first hand with the things people are taking about here.

Reactions: BriantheLion

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
The two days were amazing. I spent some time talking with few wrestlers, past and present and future from Psu, OK state, Osu, RU, NC state, Indiana and a lot of time talking with talking to parents. The parents seemed to know and have stories about a lot of current wrestlers (national, not PSU). All were very nice, except for one.

One of the parents, who I talked a good bit to, I asked about next year at psu. She said her opinion and some additional details, then said we will do what Cael says, (in a totally posive way) .

Nothing really new in what she said, just interesting how they are dealing first hand with the things people are taking about here.
Who which wrestler will do what Cael says Carter ? Hear anything on Kerk coming back? Thanks sounds great

BleedB-W

Nov 1, 2021
Feedback on how PSU did: Thursday morning was an inexplicable failure. Took over 1.5 hours to get parked. How we can get 50,000 cars in for football and couldn't get 9,000 in for wrestling was infuriating. Every parking attendant I spoke with said, "this is wrestling, not football, and some powers don't care." I spent the morning apologizing to visitors telling them that WE ARE... way better than this. Then on Friday, smooth sailing but I think many people took alternative transportation based on Thursday experience. Inside the venue, no brackets available on day one and ZERO scoreboard mat identification - was absurd. Eventually they got the scoreboard going and occasionally flashed the scores from all four mats but was big time unorganized and disappointing. The lines for clothing were HOURS long and they eventually ran out of everything. I know that isn't PSU but damn what a lost opportunity to add funds to our national program. On a positive note, the wrestling was electric and the Amazon AI powered grab and go beer service was AMAZING. If they put those in Beaver Stadium our prayers have been answered.

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
Who which wrestler will do what Cael says Carter ? Hear anything on Kerk coming back? Thanks sounds great
No info on Carter or Kerk. It would be hard to give any information without tipping off who I spoke to, and I don't want to do that. I guess I can safely say it was a younger wrestler's parent, since that basically is everyone else.

Dec 23, 2021
Feedback on how PSU did: Thursday morning was an inexplicable failure. Took over 1.5 hours to get parked. How we can get 50,000 cars in for football and couldn't get 9,000 in for wrestling was infuriating. Every parking attendant I spoke with said, "this is wrestling, not football, and some powers don't care." I spent the morning apologizing to visitors telling them that WE ARE... way better than this. Then on Friday, smooth sailing but I think many people took alternative transportation based on Thursday experience. Inside the venue, no brackets available on day one and ZERO scoreboard mat identification - was absurd. Eventually they got the scoreboard going and occasionally flashed the scores from all four mats but was big time unorganized and disappointing. The lines for clothing were HOURS long and they eventually ran out of everything. I know that isn't PSU but damn what a lost opportunity to add funds to our national program. On a positive note, the wrestling was electric and the Amazon AI powered grab and go beer service was AMAZING. If they put those in Beaver Stadium our prayers have been answered.
I assume your "Thursday" is actually day 1 - Friday and your "Friday" is day 2 - Saturday.
Will confirm Parking was a complete S**T show on day 1. Yes, classes were in session and some of the parking around the BJC is a commuter lot, but any decent advance planning would have taken that into account. Advance planning was a big fat F. Specifically, the lot off of porter road next to the baseball stadium - chained off. Grass lot between paved area west of Stadium and North of BJC and the soccer field - clearly used the weekend before for BW game - chained off. Then traffic control idiots routing people made the situation even worse!
Brackets were not initially available Friday morning, presumably due to late changes. They did become available during the session as were updated bracket sheets in session 2 Friday night. Saturday, the complaint was not having updated brackets. Instead, all they handed out were the matchups and order for finals. No full brackets which really pissed off quite a few people as there wasn't any advance communication of this.
Food lines were fine. Bathroom lines bit long at times, but many other times pretty short, like 2-minute wait. This was for both days.
Saturday, parking was way better. Between no classes eating up parking spots and people making conscious decisions based on day 1, traffic was 45 minutes faster.
Beer was overly expensive.
Agree on the displays. Amateur hour. Best they ever achieved was showing who was wrestling at that moment with mat, score, and time. Didn't utilize the ribbon around the concourse at all. Could have been used to show on-deck and in-the-hole mat assignments.

Bosco2

Oct 25, 2021
No info on Carter or Kerk. It would be hard to give any information without tipping off who I spoke to, and I don't want to do that. I guess I can safely say it was a younger wrestler's parent, since that basically is everyone else.
I'll go with Kasak.

Latest posts