fire Franklin now...Rhule available...

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
only kidding on the fire Frnaklin now.....

Panthers fire Matt Rhule, name Steve Wilks interim head coach​

The Matt Rhule era in Carolina is over.

The Panthers parted ways with Rhule this morning, after an ugly loss to the 49ers dropped them to 1-4 this season and 11-27 in Rhule’s two and a half years as the Panthers’ head coach.

www.profootballtalk.com

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Watched a little of that game yesterday. You could see the players basically stopped playing for Rhule. He was losing the team. Was going to post something to that fact here today, that if I could see he was losing the team so could everyone else. Not sure where he goes from here. If he wants to stay in the pro game or would be willing to go back to college coaching.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
To paraphrase Donald Trump, I like my coaches that haven’t been fired. Seriously, I like Rhule and he’s a candidate if we ever have an opening, but he’s not the second coming of Knute Rockne, Joe Paterno, or Bear Bryant.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
No doubt his agent has already fielded numerous calls from college ADs.

Likely a candidate for any open or soon to be open college job. I don’t think he’s cut out for the pro game - (like Meyer, Saban, and probably Franklin). ASU would be a good job. Colorado too.

Reactions: NB4PSU and bbrown

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
To paraphrase Donald Trump, I like my coaches that haven’t been fired. Seriously, I like Rhule and he’s a candidate if we ever have an opening, but he’s not the second coming of Knute Rockne, Joe Paterno, or Bear Bryant.
Of Franklin for that matter.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
How about aTm? Just thinking out loud... Does the AD have enough cajones to get rid of Jimbo? Rhule has recruited Texas while at Baylor so he does have a lot of contacts down there.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Too late...the Rutgres board has already claimed him as offensive coordinator since they fired theirs.

Reactions: NB4PSU

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
How about aTm? Just thinking out loud... Does the AD have enough cajones to get rid of Jimbo? Rhule has recruited Texas while at Baylor so he does have a lot of contacts down there.
Yes, the AD has at least ten of these:

• Haha
Reactions: PSU Mike

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Watched a little of that game yesterday. You could see the players basically stopped playing for Rhule. He was losing the team. Was going to post something to that fact here today, that if I could see he was losing the team so could everyone else. Not sure where he goes from here. If he wants to stay in the pro game or would be willing to go back to college coaching.
I might take him over Tomlin right now. 🤷‍♂️

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
only kidding on the fire Frnaklin now.....

Panthers fire Matt Rhule, name Steve Wilks interim head coach​

The Matt Rhule era in Carolina is over.

The Panthers parted ways with Rhule this morning, after an ugly loss to the 49ers dropped them to 1-4 this season and 11-27 in Rhule’s two and a half years as the Panthers’ head coach.

www.profootballtalk.com
Carolina Panthers still owe him 40 million. If I were him I’d happily ride off into the sunset.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I might take him over Tomlin right now. 🤷‍♂️
No coach in the history of football will make that Steelers putrid OL any better. They are what they are. They also can’t consistently stop the run or get any pressure on the QB without Watt. They will get a high draft pick next year. Get a plug and play OL guy and, for the love of god, back up the Brinks truck to get Mike Munchak back. Oh yeah, and fire Matt Canada’s sorry ***. He’s awful.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Carolina Panthers still owe him 40 million. If I were him I’d happily ride off into the sunset.
Pretty sure I heard the XM guys say the buyout is less of he gets hired somewhere else before “this season” ends. I’m not sure what constitutes “this season” since the college season ends before the NFL?

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

UncleRoyBiggins

Oct 12, 2021
I'm pretty sure I saw Matt Rhule at Raising Caines during lunch time. Well, at least it looked like Matt Rhule. Well, not really, but they had a Panther's jacket on, so you never know....

Reactions: Midnighter

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
No coach in the history of football will make that Steelers putrid OL any better. They are what they are. They also can’t consistently stop the run or get any pressure on the QB without Watt. They will get a high draft pick next year. Get a plug and play OL guy and, for the love of god, back up the Brinks truck to get Mike Munchak back. Oh yeah, and fire Matt Canada’s sorry ***. He’s awful.
How do you really feel? 😂

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
I like the timing.

Two years off to refresh coupled with Nittany underperformance and both he and PSU Nation will be ready for very needed change helming PSU Football Inc 🏈

James Franklin is officially and deservedly on the ….Hot Seat 🔥 🪑

The clock has commenced. 🙏

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
With the first pick of the 2023 draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select C.J. Stroud , quarterback, Ohio St.
That would be a gigantic mistake. What recent Ohio State QB has been successful at the NFL level? FYI, your jab wasn’t lost on me. I get it.

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
Likely a candidate for any open or soon to be open college job. I don’t think he’s cut out for the pro game - (like Meyer, Saban, and probably Franklin). ASU would be a good job. Colorado too.
Love to have him at CU, have a feeling Nebraska or someone that can throw a lot more more $ at him going to get him.

Reactions: Midnighter