First full weekend of NCAAF has 3 stellar TV games back-to-back-to-back

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
Maybe ABC programmers see this game as less appealing than in recent years. Georgia and UPC fans will be tuning in, but
the game doesn't have the "must view" national relevance as it might have had in the past few years. In other words,
CU is not going to be as competitive this year and they placed it as a nooner.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Maybe ABC programmers see this game as less appealing than in recent years. Georgia and UPC fans will be tuning in, but
the game doesn't have the "must view" national relevance as it might have had in the past few years. In other words,
CU is not going to be as competitive this year and they placed it as a nooner.
I will watch. 🙂

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Dat Boy has really been talking up the tiggers. Sort of has that "Me thinks he doth protest too much" feel about it.

I'd love to see Clemson lose three regular season games every year forever. That would be bad enough to keep them out of the CFP but good enough that their fans would want to keep Dabo. They would live off of their NCs for 40 years.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Well, hopefully this one quickly turns into a lopsided, everybody-changes-the-channel, stinker (in uga's favor). 😁 😁 😁

I remember an early season game with these two a couple years ago. Low scoring, heavy defense, sloppy enough on both sides.

As a first game of the year, I would expect something similar. (But now that I've said it they'll both score in the 40's) :)

LexCock11

Joined Nov 26, 2018
Jan 30, 2022
Odd that Clemson/UGA is a noon game.
It's actually a smart move from a business perspective, with Notre Dame in prime time. One could argue flip flopping with the 3:30 game, but Ga-Clemson would probably do better against whatever Fox has at noon (which is what they're aiming to do on week 1).

Big JC

May 12, 2023
It's actually a smart move from a business perspective, with Notre Dame in prime time. One could argue flip flopping with the 3:30 game, but Ga-Clemson would probably do better against whatever Fox has at noon (which is what they're aiming to do on week 1).
There was an instagram post about how many times UGA had a noon kickoff as a #1 or top 3 or something team compared to Bama a couple years ago. UGA gets screwed royally on kickoff times by tv. They had about 5 times the noon kickoffs as Bama.