I did the same in Taylors, SC. Had about 6 yards in my neighborhood.Another guy and I cut grass with push mowers in and around Georgetown, SC.
My first real job, punching a clock, was bagging groceries at Community Cash.
I did the same in Taylors, SC. Had about 6 yards in my neighborhood.Another guy and I cut grass with push mowers in and around Georgetown, SC.
Crazy how these brick and mortar stores have become dinosaurs in a relatively short period. Blockbuster put many mom and pop stores out of business. Technology did the same to them.Blockbuster video in the mid 90's, and I did it all. The register. The floor giving customers my expert movie reviews. Rearranging displays. Spending hours rewinding returned movies. Calling people at home to remind them of their unpaid late fees! Doing this I got cursed out more than any 15 year old kid making minimum wage should.![]()
I was at the Bi-lo across fen the old shrines hospitalI also worked at Bi-Lo during HS. Around 1979-1980, I worked at Bi-Lo #9 on 291 across from Bob Jones University.
I was across from the old Shriners HospitalI was at the one on Pelham and 85 in front of the Hungry Fisherman
the 1st paycheck I received was dishwasher at Quincy's across from the Peach Bowl in GreerIn the 4th grade I would let kids punch me in the stomach for 10 cents if that counts
My grandfather had a hog farm. I know that smell.Hog farm. S h i t smelling foulness words cannot accurately describe.
Bingo! Once you know it, you can never un-know it.My grandfather had a hog farm. I know that smell.
Yep, that's the story of business - somebody comes along that does a better job of giving the customer whatever they are looking for. I remember going to Blockbuster to rent a movie for that night and complaining that we'd spent so much time looking through the all the the titles that we'd used up a good bit of our movie-watching night. Now, I scroll through Prime and Netflix looking for something to watch and before I know it, I've spent 45 minutes looking around and watching trailers. The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.Crazy how these brick and mortar stores have become dinosaurs in a relatively short period. Blockbuster put many mom and pop stores out of business. Technology did the same to them.
This was pretty much my model as well, cut grass and then bagged groceries. My dad was in the real estate business, so I was able to cut a lot of yards of vacant third-party REO listings. They paid very well and the quality threshold was well below the demands of an owner-occupied residenceI did the same in Taylors, SC. Had about 6 yards in my neighborhood.
My first real job, punching a clock, was bagging groceries at Community Cash.
Spent the summer of 1971 cleaning up abandoned 18th century graveyards. Some were way out in the wilderness and "discovered" by historical researchers of the colonial era.This was pretty much my model as well, cut grass and then bagged groceries. My dad was in the real estate business, so I was able to cut a lot of yards of vacant third-party REO listings. They paid very well and the quality threshold was well below the demands of an owner-occupied residence
GamecockCentral Womens Basketball
South Carolina women's basketball: SEC awards predictions
GamecockCentral Baseball
Gamecocks in Minor League Baseball: 2026 season recap
GamecockCentral Football
A statistical audit of South Carolina's defense through four games: What's gone right, and what's gone wrong for the Gamecock defense?
GamecockCentral Football Recruiting
Star power: South Carolina football vs. Kentucky
GamecockCentral Football
More insight from Shane Beamer on Dylan Stewart's future at South Carolina