Arizona vs USC (-20) Sat 4:00 ESPNU
USC @ ASU
USC @ Cal
UGLA vs USC
BYU vs USC

Helton is out!

New coach announcement closer!

Another week of debating who SC should hire

Another week of debating if Jaxson Dart should be the starter for our remaining games

Saying goodbye to Drake London

Saying goodbye to Donte Williams and Co

Saying goodbye to Kedon Slovis

It will all be over 🔜

And we will have nine months to debate what to expect from USC football in 2022

Fight On!

Rob385

Sep 5, 2021
I used to be on the “keep Donte because he’s a great recruiter” boat, but IMHO, the best recruiter is a big time HC who can churn out NFL Draft picks in numbers and have successful seasons.
Does anyone ever talk about that “one guy” on Saban’s staff who is the great recruiter? Nope- because Saban himself is what draws players to Alabama.
So, here is to hopefully this entire staff getting canned in 5 weeks. (Gavin Morris included—- btw- what does he do)?
My hope is for Dave Aranda. I’ve teeter tottered on some guys, but I like the idea of a defensive minded coach who hasn’t peaked yet.
Fight On-

MongoSlade

Aug 24, 2017
Gavin’s connection to the recruits is key. Why would DW not make sense to keep considering the need for local recruiting? A solid hire should only enhance that. However, I’m willing to be wrong if Scott says that there are candidates in line that have just as strong if not better local ties.

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
There are some scenarios where we retain Donte and some that don’t. My guess is our new coach will want all his own guys.

We open 2022 at home against the mighty Owls 🦉 of Rice and after traveling to Stanford (unconfirmed date but that’s been the trend) return to face Fresno St. We don’t face Oregon or Washington.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Gavin’s connection to the recruits is key. Why would DW not make sense to keep considering the need for local recruiting? A solid hire should only enhance that. However, I’m willing to be wrong if Scott says that there are candidates in line that have just as strong if not better local ties.
Agreed

There are some scenarios where we retain Donte and some that don’t. My guess is our new coach will want all his own guys.

We open 2022 at home against the mighty Owls 🦉 of Rice and after traveling to Stanford (unconfirmed date but that’s been the trend) return to face Fresno St. We don’t face Oregon or Washington.
It could turn out to be a decent season. If and only, we get the right HC.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
The coaches that make the most sense, both are in Oregon. If the duckies can get a few of their guys healthy and their qb stops turning over the ball, they are going to make a playoff run. I would LOVE to see Oregon vs Cincinnati. I’ll take the Ducks with all the kids from Cali tap that Bengal ***. Shoot, I would love to see Oregon State versus Cincinnati, phack the Bengals snd their signature wins versus Ohia State and Notre lame.

Bilbo.usc

Jan 9, 2020
When Pete took over in 2001 he retained Eddie O from PH’s staff mostly for recruiting I would think
Seems like same might apply to CDW especially if new HC is a defensive coach

Garfield28

Nov 20, 2019

Position that Donte is coaching is not performing well at all. Would you keep him if you were the new HC? If his unit was a shinning star then you would definitely save yourself the coach hiring hassle and keep him.

Garfield28

Nov 20, 2019
You know Donte isn’t coaching that group any longer, naivar is.
He got them trained off season and started the season as the coach. Donte might be a great recruiter and may be his previous teams performed better. If new HC judges by the current run, it would be difficult to keep him. Unless the HC is like Saban who wins no matter who assistant coaches are because he will get the best out of coaches.

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
He got them trained off season and started the season as the coach. Donte might be a great recruiter and may be his previous teams performed better. If new HC judges by the current run, it would be difficult to keep him. Unless the HC is like Saban who wins no matter who assistant coaches are because he will get the best out of coaches.
Donte should email Saban and see if he could join his staff. His credentials would greatly improve as a coach and recruiter. Unfortunately for Donte, and in his defense, trying to get top recruits to play for a team with Clay Helton as coach was a very tough sell.

I believe our new coach will want to bleach out anything contaminated by Helton.

And it’s grin and bear it time for us fans. I know there is intense frustration watching this team but there is no easy way out after what Helton did.

With five games left just do what the next coach would do—evaluate who is coming back and, in Jaxson Darts case, let him get some games under his belt. Win or lose it’s experience.

Dart would have the Arizona scrimmage before going to ASU and Cal to play before Trojan-hating, ******* fans. Good experience. He will be back in the Bay Area for our second game next year at Stanford and he will understand the Giant-Dodger love fest.

That will give Dart three games under his belt. Bring on the Ruins and their F-SC, classy fans 🤮pure trash! So we know how painful Notre Dame was yesterday and if there is any chance not to repeat that feeling our best chance lies with Jaxson Dart.

We finish with BYU. And then the highly-anticipated new coach announcement.

That all it is!

Fight On ‼️

The Garage Mahal

Aug 24, 2017
If Donte Williams isn't retained, it better be because the incoming coach has nine superior recruiters, and there isn't room for someone widely acknowledged as one of the best recruiters in the country.

A new coach is going to have to restock this team with guys that fit his approach, and unless you guys see something I don't, not only will ring fences around California need to be rebuilt, but this roster is somewhat bereft of high character kids who also have national level talent. Not kids that are projects, not kids that need to be changed to fit a system: kids that can play as they are, and play now.

College, especially with the revised transfer rules, is a talent acquisition game first and foremost. Who cares if CDW isn't a player development coach? He connects with kids and gets signatures on dotted lines.

I would love it if there was a fast forward button on this season. I have been following out of blind loyalty, not because it has been fun.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

trojan raul

Aug 24, 2017
Donte should email Saban and see if he could join his staff. His credentials would greatly improve as a coach and recruiter. Unfortunately for Donte, and in his defense, trying to get top recruits to play for a team with Clay Helton as coach was a very tough sell.

I believe our new coach will want to bleach out anything contaminated by Helton.

And it’s grin and bear it time for us fans. I know there is intense frustration watching this team but there is no easy way out after what Helton did.

With five games left just do what the next coach would do—evaluate who is coming back and, in Jaxson Darts case, let him get some games under his belt. Win or lose it’s experience.

Dart would have the Arizona scrimmage before going to ASU and Cal to play before Trojan-hating, ******* fans. Good experience. He will be back in the Bay Area for our second game next year at Stanford and he will understand the Giant-Dodger love fest.

That will give Dart three games under his belt. Bring on the Ruins and their F-SC, classy fans 🤮pure trash! So we know how painful Notre Dame was yesterday and if there is any chance not to repeat that feeling our best chance lies with Jaxson Dart.

That all it is!

Fight On ‼️
Yes, play Dart. It's prep and experience for the future. Any coach looking at this kid might be licking his chops. The kid can ball. Play the youngsters...why not? Give them as much experience now since we may miss out on the bowl season and those extra practices.

Also playing Dart will rally the team. The kid has a spark and we need any spark that we can get.

Reactions: JayBird23

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
I thought recruiting was the only reason Donte was made interim head coach when it happened. Now I’m wondering about that too.

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
When Pete took over in 2001 he retained Eddie O from PH’s staff mostly for recruiting I would think
Seems like same might apply to CDW especially if new HC is a defensive coach
That’s the only reason keeping him makes sense.

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017

That all it is!

Fight On ‼️
Apparently it became an even harder sell after Helton was let go.

Reactions: Pudly76

SCBirnkrant81

Aug 24, 2017
“Johnny be good” pregame speech by the coach had me rolling and is maybe what’s needed in the locker room to change the losing culture…

Reactions: Rob385

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
If Donte Williams isn't retained, it better be because the incoming coach has nine superior recruiters, and there isn't room for someone widely acknowledged as one of the best recruiters in the country.

A new coach is going to have to restock this team with guys that fit his approach, and unless you guys see something I don't, not only will ring fences around California need to be rebuilt, but this roster is somewhat bereft of high character kids who also have national level talent. Not kids that are projects, not kids that need to be changed to fit a system: kids that can play as they are, and play now.

College, especially with the revised transfer rules, is a talent acquisition game first and foremost. Who cares if CDW isn't a player development coach? He connects with kids and gets signatures on dotted lines.

I would love it if there was a fast forward button on this season. I have been following out of blind loyalty, not because it has been fun.
Truth

Rob385

Sep 5, 2021
“Johnny be good” pregame speech by the coach had me rolling and is maybe what’s needed in the locker room to change the losing culture…

“Walker,,,, he’s like a son to me, He’ll go to Piermont.”

I feel like this is the type of movie Arledge has seen a few times.

Latest posts