Former Mississippi State** RB Rashad Amos now transferring to Ole Miss

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Kermit The Frog Map GIF by Muppet Wiki

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm about done with the stupid shite college athletics has become
The transfer portal has killed college sports more than the NIL has. Made me not really give a rip who we sign because they probably won't stay any length of time to care and become bulldog and actually live it. They are just free agents right now no allegiance to any school. Why should I as an alumni give a rats asss about some players just drifting through for a year then next year they will be playing for the school across the field. Taking the pride of playing for a university right out of it. They have zero connection to the school or its traditions now. My opinion, give the nil money to the guys who stay more than 2 years.

Last edited:

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Go Away Reaction GIF by CBS

Hunting That Aint Right GIF by CATCHIN' DEERS

I wonder if maybe some of the jelly has fallen off the biscuit. He gets on campus and pretty soon, coaches are like you need to leave

Reactions: Double Dawg

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
How does this work with the SEC rules or did he not sign the financial aid agreement?

or does that rule go out the window once he then committed to a non-sec school.

what a weird series of events for that kid.

I do think the one easy change is that once a kid “signs” something with intent to transfer that there is a penalty for not following though with it.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Let’s not get this twisted.. kid entered the portal from Miami of Ohio this spring. He commits to us never enrolls. Commits then to Colorado again hasn’t enrolled and now he’s considering committing to OM. Let’s not act like he was part of this team. We got booth from Utah state who is a better back

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
This is what everyone that supported paying the players asked for and now they've got it and have no idea what to do now. Congrats!
They were always paid, this is not new. It’s just out in open now.
But:
The transfer portal is new thing. I think you should be able to go where you want but with limited transferring etc… what if he gets to a school, they get to know him and decides he isn’t any good. Then send him packing and pulls his NIL deal and scholarship after a year? Should he not be allowed to try elsewhere?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
They were always paid, this is not new. It’s just out in open now.
But:
The transfer portal is new thing. I think you should be able to go where you want but with limited transferring etc… what if he gets to a school, they get to know him and decides he isn’t any good. Then send him packing and pulls his NIL deal and scholarship after a year? Should he not be allowed to try elsewhere?
Then he has to sit out, pay back the last years tuition, something, there has to be accountability. You can't just allow freedom of movement every damn season and expect college football to survive

patdog

May 28, 2007
How does this work with the SEC rules or did he not sign the financial aid agreement?

I do think the one easy change is that once a kid “signs” something with intent to transfer that there is a penalty for not following though with it.
There are no rules. Players can transfer anywhere, anytime, as often as they want.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
Then he has to sit out, pay back the last years tuition, something, there has to be accountability. You can't just allow freedom of movement every damn season and expect college football to survive
I agree. If it's not a legal contract now, it needs to be revised until it is.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023

Sounds like we dodged a bullet with him.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
It's both, if other teams didn't come around dangling more pay there wouldn't be a reason to leave
No it’s not, players always got paid if they were good enough.
It’s the no rules transfer that allows them to move around

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
No it’s not, players always got paid if they were good enough.
It’s the no rules transfer that allows them to move around
How many FR and SO did you ever see come here and move because of money in the past decades? None. Seldom did anyone ever leave in past decades for anything but playing time to go anywhere. If you had a SR leaving it was because they weren't getting playing time either. How many SR MSU players every left to go anywhere until the last few years that weren't looking for more playing time? First one I ever remember transferring here was the DE/LB from Clemson, don't remember his name now. Sure there was paying off of players going on but it wasn't making players leave to go elsewhere after they made their under the table deals with boosters and got their car or whatever it was they were looking for initially. Now it's a free for all every season instead of a few stragglers every season

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
if other teams didn't come around dangling more

Yea, we were already getting our a$s kicked in this department before it was legal. kind of a silly strawman to think anyone actually "supported" legal pay for play other than the already haves.