Former Mississippi State** RB Rashad Amos now transferring to Ole Miss

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
How many FR and SO did you ever see come here and move because of money in the past decades? None. Seldom did anyone ever leave in past decades for anything but playing time to go anywhere. If you had a SR leaving it was because they weren't getting playing time either. How many SR MSU players every left to go anywhere until the last few years that weren't looking for more playing time? First one I ever remember transferring here was the DE/LB from Clemson, don't remember his name now. Sure there was paying off of players going on but it wasn't making players leave to go elsewhere after they made their under the table deals with boosters and got their car or whatever it was they were looking for initially. Now it's a free for all every season instead of a few stragglers every season
Nothing to do with Nil and pay though. The monies were always there but once signed they could not leave, they were trapped.
It’s the transfer portal that needs governing and that is what allows them to move around.

Courts may force Universities to take over these payments by making players employees. Then they can sign contracts with restrictions and may can find other legal means to limit the transfer of players. I guess paying players legitimately could solve a lot of things uh?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Nothing to do with Nil and pay though. The monies were always there but once signed they could not leave, they were trapped.
It’s the transfer portal that needs governing and that is what allows them to move around.

Courts may force Universities to take over these payments by making players employees. Then they can sign contracts with restrictions and may can find other legal means to limit the transfer of players. I guess paying players legitimately could solve a lot of things uh?
They had a renewable 1 yr contract every year and could always leave, BUT, they were held accountable because they had to sit a year.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
There are no rules. Players can transfer anywhere, anytime, as often as they want.
This is incorrect. You cannot transfer to another sec school in the spring portal window for football. This is an sec rule but so far it’s working

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Did Sanders kick him out of Colorado?
Agree with poster above, this **** is getting so old in terms of lack of any sort of loyalties, college sports is becoming less appealing for me. It used to be my #1 sport viewing, not anymore.
Cat juggling is #1 now.
steve martin cat juggling GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Double Dawg