Foster looks wide open on the last shot that sealed the game

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Looks like Stewart gave him a lot of room, and nobody else was on him. Too bad none of us got to see that phenom game.

Amazing.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Obviously, he had some space...but Randy also had to protect against the foul. The dude just had one hell of a game..not much else can be said.</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
cutbaitdawg said:
They ran a dbl screen for him

</p>why didnt one of our guys that were guarding the screeners come off and help? Thats not a hard defensive concept when somebody has poured in 39 points at the time

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Because Stansbury told everyone not to guard him to close, remember?

TO is God

Mar 2, 2008
You are such a piece of **** i can't even seem to fathom, your constant negativity is not cute, funny or anything else besides a waste of most poeples time when reading this board, just stop being such an *** hole and ENJOY mississippi state sports.

P.s. - i hope stans finds you one day and makes you his *****

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
hatfieldms said:
Because Stansbury told everyone not to guard him to close, remember?

</p>I never one time blamed Ricky for the loss. I said I thought we may have played too much zone, but thats a philosophy call. I am concerned however, that we didnt have people come off the screens and double him to make him give the ball up. If you jump a ball screen, he will HAVE TO give the ball up. That is a legitimate basketball defensive tactic that is widely used.

SheltonChoked

Feb 27, 2008
Stew was the guy that jumped out on him after the double screen. CR and Hans were screened off. At least that's wat it looked like on Sportscenter this morning.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
I am talking defensive basketball moron. You are too damn stupid to even talk about it. All you can throw out is a personal attack. And not a very good one at that.</p>

If we jump the ball screen, he has to give the ball up. Nobody can deny that fact</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
then who was originally guarding him? Cause they are nowhere to be found? I know Rhodes wasnt guarding him, and if it was Hans, thats not a very smart match-up for us to have.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
How about we just say Stallings had them run a really damn good play, and that **** happens when a guy is unconscious like Foster was.

Are you guys not seriously over analyzing about a two second window of a 45 minute game?

cutbaitdawg

Feb 24, 2008
needed about a six inch seperation to make the shot. He was on fire in the 2nd half and short of mauling him, he was going to make the shot.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
i believe that zone gave us the best shot. we went to man a few times and it didn't seem to be as effective as when we were playing the zone...and yes, i understand the zone is more suspect against outside shooting. just sayin

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
KurtRambis4 said:
i believe that zone gave us the best shot. we went to man a few times and it didn't seem to be as effective as when we were playing the zone...and yes, i understand the zone is more suspect against outside shooting. just sayin

</p>

but personally I like to have somebody getting after his ***, making him work. And also jumping ball screens to make him give the ball up. All the zone is going to do is force him out a little deeper. Just my philosophy, doesnt make it right or wrong.</p>

I'll say this, I bet we dont play him the same way should we play them in Atl</p>

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
in that photo, but he's not on the line by any means. also, the guy is 6'6" and he's way off the ground, with the ball cocked behind his head. Even if Stewart is in his face, he's going to make that shot to win the game in his last game in his home gym as a Senior with a career game.

Foster is probably looking at SECPOY now.

SheltonChoked

Feb 27, 2008
But it looked like Hans was on him. ( the screen happened to left of the photo)

With Jamont out with leg cramps, who else would we have put on him?

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"Foster is probably looking at SECPOY now."

He has played very well down the stretch. So has Rhodes though. But I would go with Foster if I had to choose.
I've always admired those types of guys that can light it up like that.