Fox Broadcast

Woodpecker

All-American
May 29, 2001
4,020
9,016
113
Apart from the outcome of Saturday's game (which I will leave to all you who are smarter than I to fix), was any one else frustrated by the broadcast production? Not just the announcers (although I won't mind if I never hear "Maserati" again) but the continual failure to show the actual game. I mean, some of us would rather watch an actual football game than see repeated field level, close-up shots of fans, coaches, and even players while game action is going on. Often I want to see personnel and formations ahead of plays especially in crucial game situations. When Fox did actually deign to show the game it seemed that the cameras they used were on Neptune. They don't do any of this on their NFL broadcasts or they have learned how to make the auxiliary stuff less obtrusive but do they not use the same production people or share concepts? Maybe I'm the only one it bothered and I'm just a cranky old man.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSU Mike

PSUAXE70

Senior
Oct 12, 2021
196
456
63
I concur. I didn't like the "long view" of every play besides the cheesy announcers.
The least interesting part of all sports programming is crowd scenes. Or repeated shots of some star player’s family in the stands. It‘s baffling to me that programmers who are paid to provide entertainment allow cameras to spend time on fans.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Woodpecker

Auxgym

Senior
Oct 3, 2002
502
636
93
Apart from the outcome of Saturday's game (which I will leave to all you who are smarter than I to fix), was any one else frustrated by the broadcast production? Not just the announcers (although I won't mind if I never hear "Maserati" again) but the continual failure to show the actual game. I mean, some of us would rather watch an actual football game than see repeated field level, close-up shots of fans, coaches, and even players while game action is going on. Often I want to see personnel and formations ahead of plays especially in crucial game situations. When Fox did actually deign to show the game it seemed that the cameras they used were on Neptune. They don't do any of this on their NFL broadcasts or they have learned how to make the auxiliary stuff less obtrusive but do they not use the same production people or share concepts? Maybe I'm the only one it bothered and I'm just a cranky old man.
I watched the game on mute ......I do my own announcing. I also hit rewind quite often to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Much more enjoyable way to watch the game for me.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Matt Campbell has replayed Penn State’s loss ‘a million times’: Here’s what he sees now
  2. 02 BWI Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
  4. 04 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position
  5. 05 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin