Godfrey!

Kirbs

Senior
Jan 8, 2023
176
476
63
Not sure why he didn’t get more opportunities this year. He’s the kind of physical corner Iowa is known for producing, and he was all around the ball in the Nebraska game. I would hope he’s in line to start next year.
 

Ripcord

Senior
Aug 30, 2016
386
513
63
what happened to Entringer, and when? I heard it from the announcer, but he had Entringer with the wrong team.

as far as Hall, Ithought I saw him listed at the beginning of the game in the starting lineup. didn't he play??
 

HawkeyeGenius

Heisman
Iowa Swarm member
Nov 25, 2021
14,475
23,975
113
Pay Me GIF


He played well. Pretty well actually.
 
Feb 25, 2008
32,478
31,550
113
Really stepped up when his number was called. Haven't seen that in our guys in "before they were ready" moments in quite some time.

It shouldn't go unmentioned though, that Watson made some plays as well when he was in there before going down with an injury.

Aside from the DL, I'm not as down on the future of this defense as I was going into the season.
 

MAKhawks

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2001
1,535
2,344
113
Really stepped up when his number was called. Haven't seen that in our guys in "before they were ready" moments in quite some time.

It shouldn't go unmentioned though, that Watson made some plays as well when he was in there before going down with an injury.

Aside from the DL, I'm not as down on the future of this defense as I was going into the season.

Im not even down on the DL either. That’s been one of the constants in the KF regime.

Plus ‘Lil’ Eppy is waiting in the wings. I just hope he doesn’t have to wait too long.
 

2D

All-American
Oct 8, 2013
3,335
6,893
113
Dude stepped up in a big way. He'll definitely be a part of the starters next year if he continues to develop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlvySinger

eyesofhawk

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2011
3,475
3,362
113
Really stepped up when his number was called. Haven't seen that in our guys in "before they were ready" moments in quite some time.

It shouldn't go unmentioned though, that Watson made some plays as well when he was in there before going down with an injury.

Aside from the DL, I'm not as down on the future of this defense as I was going into the season.
Yes, Watson played well as well.

And Wallace looked good on special teams.

Something tells me these young DB's receive the coaching to make it
 

UIAlumFireFighter

All-Conference
Sep 26, 2018
1,380
2,049
113
Godfrey is a RS freshmen. His one hit on that tight end was crazy and I think he had something to do with the fumble in the end zone. I am thinking he turns into a pretty solid piece after today.
Stopped that guy in his tracks. Fantastic hit and it probably shouldn't have been a first down for Neb.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlvySinger

WDSMHawk

All-Conference
Jun 30, 2019
1,769
4,603
113
Not a first down. Kirk needed to challenge that. Good chance of it being overturned.

If the game would have been closer I think KF would have challenged it.

At that point both sides seemed content to let the clock keep running
 

Franisdaman

Heisman
Nov 3, 2012
17,607
27,228
113
Remember how the Little Debbie Special Teams coach was seen being crazy excited after this special teams blunder? Well, the fun for him and Little Debbie sure was short lived.


 

AnonymousNolonger

All-Conference
Jul 4, 2025
1,074
2,192
113
Really stepped up when his number was called. Haven't seen that in our guys in "before they were ready" moments in quite some time.

It shouldn't go unmentioned though, that Watson made some plays as well when he was in there before going down with an injury.

Aside from the DL, I'm not as down on the future of this defense as I was going into the season.
The DL definitely underwhelmed this year.

Minnesota had 8 sacks against the Huskers, granted that was against Raiola at QB.

They were probably rightfully keying on Emmett Johnson, but still feel like they should’ve been able to get more pressure when Lateef did drop back.
 

AnonymousNolonger

All-Conference
Jul 4, 2025
1,074
2,192
113
Remember how the Little Debbie Special Teams coach was seen being crazy excited after this special teams blunder? Well, the fun for him and Little Debbie sure was short lived.



The Hawks responded well to the kickoff blunder adversity.

Meanwhile, according to this Husker fan, the no call on the potential Sharar targeting caused the Huskers to give up, lol

I told him if that was the case, then they are way too fragile.IMG_3514.jpeg
 

nu2u

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2006
10,645
3,215
113
The DL definitely underwhelmed this year.

Minnesota had 8 sacks against the Huskers, granted that was against Raiola at QB.

They were probably rightfully keying on Emmett Johnson, but still feel like they should’ve been able to get more pressure when Lateef did drop back.
Answer:
1. Lateef gets the ball out quickly.
2. Lateef is quick on his feet and can scramble away from pressure.
Question:
What are two things Dylan Riola can’t do very well?
 

WEH8ST8HAWK

Senior
Jan 31, 2004
4,609
838
113
Really stepped up when his number was called. Haven't seen that in our guys in "before they were ready" moments in quite some time.

It shouldn't go unmentioned though, that Watson made some plays as well when he was in there before going down with an injury.

Aside from the DL, I'm not as down on the future of this defense as I was going into the season.
We have 3 absolute stud RS freshmen Linebackers who will all 3 play a ton next year.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Hawkeyes suffer first loss, fall 31-14 to #5 Ohio State
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Live from the Press Box
  3. 03 On3 Football ESPN College GameDay: Picks for Week 5, Ohio State at Iowa
  4. 04 On3 Football Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa