Great SEC Baseball Tourney Showing By The Gamecocks!!!

FLGCK93

Feb 1, 2022
I know we should have won this game against LSU but my gosh...we were a 10th Seed! Great performance by the boys! There is a lot of work to do but a 10th seed and a 11th seed in the Semi's shows us Parity and Chance. A lot of you blew this season off...It's just begun because we will be in Post-Play...Kind of Cool isn't it!

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
My gosh, our third baseman fielded the bunt . . . and then turned to throw to third! For a second there, I actually thought he was going to throw it to the empty third base. Instead, he just threw it away into right field.

• Wow
Reactions: Bubba Fett

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
But my gosh, LSU was #11 . . .

The overlooked part. Apparently because they’re LSU that automatically means they’re the greatest team ever. LSU was not very good this year. They really weren’t even very good the two times we played them this week. We just played a level of defense that, quite frankly, I’ve never seen us play before.

Reactions: Bubba Fett

Baseballgirl20

Joined Oct 6, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 1, 2022
The overlooked part. Apparently because they’re LSU that automatically means they’re the greatest team ever. LSU was not very good this year. They really weren’t even very good the two times we played them this week. We just played a level of defense that, quite frankly, I’ve never seen us play before.
I don't know how good LSU is but it wouldn't surprise me to see them in Omaha.

Last edited:

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
My gosh, our third baseman fielded the bunt . . . and then turned to throw to third! For a second there, I actually thought he was going to throw it to the empty third base. Instead, he just threw it away into right field.
Our regular 3B broke a hamate bone in his throwing hand. Had to use a little used freshman in his place.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
Our regular 3B broke a hamate bone in his throwing hand. Had to use a little used freshman in his place.
Ellis normally a SS I believe. Could be a difference, I never played both.
The hamate bone brought back memories of C Walker in Omaha. We were at BP day before game 1 and overheard mumbling of this. Never thought he would perform as he did those 2 games.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Ellis normally a SS I believe. Could be a difference, I never played both.
The hamate bone brought back memories of C Walker in Omaha. We were at BP day before game 1 and overheard mumbling of this. Never thought he would perform as he did those 2 games.
Makes a big difference if you aren't playing it regularly. Walker's break was on his fielding hand. Hamate bone breaks are very painful. Casas couldn't grip the ball, but if it were on his fielding hand they could have injected it with a painkiller and he could have played......on the throwing hand, no way.

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

Prestonite53

May 26, 2024
Casas was out of position at 3B as well.
Kingston chose to sacrifice defense for offense hoping we could outscore opponents or get an occasional pitching gem.
Poor pitching combined with poor defense means you need to score a lot and obviously 10 runs is not enough in our case.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Casas was out of position at 3B as well.
Kingston chose to sacrifice defense for offense hoping we could outscore opponents or get an occasional pitching gem.
Poor pitching combined with poor defense means you need to score a lot and obviously 10 runs is not enough in our case.
Casas did fine at third....had no problem with him playing there. Poor hitting? You can't be serious. Pitching was fine against Alabama, Arky and Kentucky. We were pretty much using Johnny Wholestaff the final 3 games.

mUSiC-man

Jan 20, 2022
At least he fielded a ground ball, unlike the guy he replaced. We probably have a couple of pitchers in the bullpen who can play 3rd base better than anyone we've put at the position this season.

Last edited:

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Our team’s defense and fundamentals are a friggin joke. Our pitching is catastrophic, and our coach is a bum. Faxx

Prestonite53

May 26, 2024
Casas did fine at third....had no problem with him playing there. Poor hitting? You can't be serious. Pitching was fine against Alabama, Arky and Kentucky. We were pretty much using Johnny Wholestaff the final 3 games.
I do not see the words ''poor hitting'' anywhere in my post. Hitting was fine.
We will not make it very far in post season with the pitching staff we have backed up with that defense.
As good as the hitting was, it wasn't enough to compensate for poor pitching and horrendous defense (giving up 10+ runs).

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
We will not make it very far in post season with the pitching staff we have backed up with that defense.
As good as the hitting was, it wasn't enough to compensate for poor pitching and horrendous defense (giving up 10+ runs).
My mistake....sorry. Must've read it from another poster and it just stuck in my mind. .

Reactions: Anon1716754824

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Sorry you still haven't recovered your very distinctive "name". ;)

• Angry
Reactions: Anon1716754824