Greatest Pins of All Time, Episode 1

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
just dropped today from Flo. It's about Bo Nickal's pin of Myles Martin at the 184 lbs. final at the 2018 NCAAs. It's an excellent production, with a lot of background info on Bo and on Myles. It's 23:23 long, and well worth a watch. (And certainly worthy of its own thread, as opposed to my dropping it in the Social Media thread.)

Last edited:

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
Does it show the other side camera view, which I have seen once? The main/TV camera view of the moment of elevator/reversal is blocked by the ref passing in front!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Does it show the other side camera view, which I have seen once? The main/TV camera view of the moment of elevator/reversal is blocked by the ref passing in front!

yes, I believe it does. It's kind of herky-jerky, in that there are lots of video of the move, as well as pics, but a lot of splicing of interviews into it, so you don't get a long look at the sequence. The ESPN camera angle, which we also see (cut up, as mentioned above), was from behind the ref. Very late in the production there is a camera angle that's 90º from the ESPN camera angle, and does show the sequence without any blockage. But it's a short clip, and also interrupted by interviews. If I recall correctly, they don't interrupt the video of that camera angle until after Bo has hit his move and gotten on top of Myles.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriantheLion

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
How exciting was Bo Nickal, David Taylor, Aaron Brooks,Carter Starocci, Mithcell Messenbrink, and so many great Penn State wrestlers vs so many Michigan guys who backup/tie up most of the match. Wrestling would even be more popular if we have more exciting guys who DO WHAT WE DO!!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Cenzo decking IMAR was pretty epic as well.

I don't disagree.

I haven't seen anything that identifies all the pins that they'll have in their Greatest Pins series. From what's in the Bo video, I think we can expect future episodes on:

- Matt Ramos pins Spencer Lee
- Bubba Jenkins pins DT

Last edited:
Reactions: Got GSPs and LB99

Gronky

Nov 10, 2021
Though not as impactful, due it being done in a dual meet vs NCAA's, I love the the spladle of Sammy Brooks (by Bo)!! The combination of spladles being rarely seen in college, coupled with it shutting up the Iowa fans (in Carver) was spectacular!!

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
Though not as impactful, due it being done in a dual meet vs NCAA's, I love the the spladle of Sammy Brooks (by Bo)!! The combination of spladles being rarely seen in college, coupled with it shutting up the Iowa fans (in Carver) was spectacular!!

IIRC, that was immediately after their fans, including one Dan Gable, were going nuts when one of their guys defeated Mark Hall in his lineup debut…like Myles Martin’s initial takedown, the opposing crowd was quickly relieved of their fleeting moment of hope!

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
Pro Wrestling Win GIF by Looney Tunes

• Haha
Reactions: StickEm