Greg Marshall

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,770
13,980
113
I saw the report that WSU and Marshall would part ways by the end of the week and that WSU would try to hire Thad Matta as the replacement and get him in place in time for the season. Didn't Matta have his own issues and why he got fired at Ohio State?
 

Gold*

Heisman
Dec 3, 2003
63,017
11,734
0
That would be funneh. I doubt it happens. KU people hate Wichita State.
 

Gold*

Heisman
Dec 3, 2003
63,017
11,734
0
Resigned. They owe him $7.75 million over six years. That’s a lot of revenue for a non-football school. I would have been willing to litigate that this is a “for cause”termination. I suppose they are worried about how that looks to other coaches, but when you are stuck with that option or paying the guy who abused players, I’d take the side of the players and not be willing to leave a long term liability like this on books, particularly when his future job prospects are VERY limited.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cmullinsTU

Gmoney4WW

Heisman
Jul 4, 2007
43,105
15,874
113
Resigned. They owe him $7.75 million over six years. That’s a lot of revenue for a non-football school. I would have been willing to litigate that this is a “for cause”termination. I suppose they are worried about how that looks to other coaches, but when you are stuck with that option or paying the guy who abused players, I’d take the side of the players and not be willing to leave a long term liability like this on books, particularly when his future job prospects are VERY limited.
Maybe there is proof that Wichita St ignored complaints before, and they are paying him off to try and avoid that coming out.
 

Gold*

Heisman
Dec 3, 2003
63,017
11,734
0
Maybe there is proof that Wichita St ignored complaints before, and they are paying him off to try and avoid that coming out.

Why? How would they be liable? That theory would make look even worse. I think they just made a Bobby Bonilla type financial commitment for similar reasons.
 

Henry Kendall

All-American
Dec 3, 2003
9,102
9,993
43
Chapman is announcing and signing tomorrow at noon. Got to be either WSU or Tulsa. We’ll see.
Ain’t holding my breath. We‘ve gone O-fer on these players who have a big surprise signing ceremony.

Tough time to lose your coach, couple of weeks before the season starts.
 

Bill Lowery_1

All-American
Sep 29, 2001
8,068
8,159
0
Ain’t holding my breath. We‘ve gone O-fer on these players who have a big surprise signing ceremony.

Tough time to lose your coach, couple of weeks before the season starts.


I tend to agree, especially after we offered another wing player today (Teafale Lenard).
 

Gmoney4WW

Heisman
Jul 4, 2007
43,105
15,874
113
If we can't get him over a coach less wichita st something's wrong. They must be bragging they are going to get an impossible to get coach to sway him. They sure can't be bragging about Danny Manning.
 
May 1, 2007
1,146
406
83
College programs are such wussies. They absolutely should have sued and got players to testify or give depositions. He would have looked like a dipshit. This had gone on even prior to WSU. I don't know what they were worried about.

I promise someone pretty good would coach there given what the Kochs are throwing down for, their great atmosphere, our league, and what they are paying
 
  • Like
Reactions: ba11game
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa leaves Arkansas with plenty to fix before North Texas
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa offense sputters in loss at Arkansas
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 4 updates at Texas, Ole Miss, Florida & more
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Arkansas: History, Rivalry and Bad Blood