Heck played well, no doubt. I'd just add this. Lester called a hell of a game, and Washingtons DB's were LOST all game. All three of Hecks Td's there was NO ONE within ten yds of the Iowa receiver on any of them. That had more to do with play calling then anything. Didn't hurt that Heck was pretty much never under any pressure because we ran the ball right down their throat all night. REALLY hard to compare the way this game went right from the start vs playing OSU. Just some context. Going to be a tough decision going through the bye week for the staff. Tougher then we probably think. I think we can win with either guy, but Heck has some moxie, no doubt about it.This is the best the offense has looked all season. It's not like Hank was lightning it up even against the weaker opponents. That 91 yard TD drive against MI saved the gig imo. They don't pull that off and I think most fans were ready to move on. But he did and he's a stud for it and earned another start. Heck should be the starter moving forward.
Roll with the hot hand, but I don't think either wins us games the other wouldn't.
I agree. Give him another shot.Not taking anything away from Heck, I like him and would probably give him a run against MN.
F****ing jump!!Heck because he's funnier.
KM's big night was a difference maker. Heck showed good poise and didn't have any unforced errors that I can remember.I would say you have to stick with Heck after that, but the key was actually having a running game. I’m not even sure heck got a single pressure tonight either. To his credit, I don’t think he missed a single pass either.
Heck played well, no doubt. I'd just add this. Lester called a hell of a game, and Washingtons DB's were LOST all game. All three of Hecks Td's there was NO ONE within ten yds of the Iowa receiver on any of them. That had more to do with play calling then anything. Didn't hurt that Heck was pretty much never under any pressure because we ran the ball right down their throat all night. REALLY hard to compare the way this game went right from the start vs playing OSU. Just some context. Going to be a tough decision going through the bye week for the staff. Tougher then we probably think. I think we can win with either guy, but Heck has some moxie, no doubt about it.
But Hecklinski actually throws it where our receivers can catch it. Brown doesn't always accomplish that, and Heck gets it out faster and in a better spot. Iowa is check down city anyway, and Hecklinski is better at it.Heck played well, no doubt. I'd just add this. Lester called a hell of a game, and Washingtons DB's were LOST all game. All three of Hecks Td's there was NO ONE within ten yds of the Iowa receiver on any of them. That had more to do with play calling then anything. Didn't hurt that Heck was pretty much never under any pressure because we ran the ball right down their throat all night. REALLY hard to compare the way this game went right from the start vs playing OSU. Just some context. Going to be a tough decision going through the bye week for the staff. Tougher then we probably think. I think we can win with either guy, but Heck has some moxie, no doubt about it.
Definitely. Hecklinski fits Lestersmoffense much better, team responds to him. Hanks a perfect backup.I feel like Heck's decision making is a lot quicker, and he made multiple adjustments at the line that led to some of those big runs. I also felt like he was way more accurate in hitting guys in stride so they can keep their momentum, leading to more yards after catch. Vander Zee would have went for 40-50 yards if he doesn't whiff that first pass.
Unless you're Matthew Stafford, I think this style of offense benefits from a more mobile guy. Burrow, Lance, Purdy, etc.... those guys all move around really well.
When comparing the two, the thing that stands out to me are some of Hank's throws being low. Now, Hank made an awesome game winning toss, but he can improve on his targeting. Heck makes quicker decisions, and I like that as well as his ability to get rid of the ball faster and not be hemmed up in the pocket.But Hecklinski actually throws it where our receivers can catch it. Brown doesn't always accomplish that, and Heck gets it out faster and in a better spot. Iowa is check down city anyway, and Hecklinski is better at it.
So far this season that would be right. That could change as they gain experience. This was Heck’s first career start.Roll with the hot hand, but I don't think either wins us games the other wouldn't.
So you answered your alt.So far this season that would be right. That could change as they gain experience. This was Heck’s first career start.
I think Heck can win us game(s) that we would lose with Hank. Strongly disagree.Roll with the hot hand, but I don't think either wins us games the other wouldn't.
Heck is the most quarterback looking quarterback we’ve had in a long time.
If he was actually the dual threat that people are claiming he is, then maybe. He has 11 career rush yards.I think Heck can win us game(s) that we would lose with Hank. Strongly disagree.
?? WTF are you talking about? I haven’t even voted yet.So you answered your alt.
BTW, the score is 44-1. As usual, you're on the wrong side of history.
Don't mind him. He's been having a mental breakdown over emojis.?? WTF are you talking about? I haven’t even voted yet.
I'm shocked that any Hawkeye fans are wavering about this at all right now.I don't know that I have a strong opinion on this. I think the two are fairly close to equal.
But everyone is gonna be comparing Hank against two great defenses vs Heck in garbage time and then against a poor Washington defense, which is not a fair comparison.
Moxie.If he was actually the dual threat that people are claiming he is, then maybe. He has 11 career rush yards.
He missed a couple early, but completed his last 10 or so.I would say you have to stick with Heck after that, but the key was actually having a running game. I’m not even sure heck got a single pressure tonight either. To his credit, I don’t think he missed a single pass either.
Does a back shoulder throw with 2 seconds left to win in front of 100k count as Moxie?Moxie.
Hawkeye Report Football
Five Things: Breaking down the Hawkeyes win over Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
Iowa Football News and Notes
Hawkeye Report Football
PHOTO GALLERY: Iowa Football vs Washington
Hawkeye Report Football
Hawkeye Report Podcast
Hawkeye Report Football
Kirk Ferentz talks win over Washington