Have you ever cried after a USC football game?

Mauze1

Joined Jul 11, 2012
Jan 20, 2022
My stepfather was on the Nebraska sideline for that game. He is a USC grad but one of his Army buddies was an asst coach at Nebraska and got him an all access pass with the Nebraska team for that game. He met his friend and the team at the hotel for breakfast and spent the whole day with the Nebraska team. He said when USC was winning late he looked over at Tom Osborne expecting him to be screaming and stressed and he said Osborne could have been standing on the beach watching waves come in he looked so calm. When Nebraska took the lead late, Osborne clapped and looked a little more relieved but didn't go crazy at all. Being on the Nebraska sideline and having spent time with their team made the loss easier for him to bear.

After the game, my stepfather asked his buddy in the locker room about Osborne being so calm. The guy told him he was always like that in games. My stepfather asked him if he was nervous there at the end and the guy said "yeah, I was a little nervous but we always know we are going to win the game". If you look up Nebraska's record when Osborne was there, they really were a powerhouse program. He said back in those days, top players from the Midwest would turn down scholarships to walk on at Nebraska, they were that dominant.
Nebraska had some great years, but they were in the Big 8 with Oklahoma. They didn’t exactly dominate The Sooners. Tom Osborn was the benefactor of Bob Devaney’s Big Red Machine. He did a great job of oiling that machine, but Devaney built it.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Nebraska had some great years, but they were in the Big 8 with Oklahoma. They didn’t exactly dominate The Sooners. Tom Osborn was the benefactor of Bob Devaney’s Big Red Machine. He did a great job of oiling that machine, but Devaney built it.
He won 255 games in 25 seasons and only lost 49. That is pretty good in my book. He was 160-23 in conference play so he lost less than one game a season in conference play. He was 13-13 against Oklahoma.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Only time I can think of would be seeing the line outside the bathroom?
Do this and you can clear the room
dog peeing GIF

Reactions: Blues man

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I've never cried after a sporting event and I don't think I ever will.

The 28-3 Super Bowl was devastating. The Braves' 2021 World Series win was really incredible. Beating Florida to go to the Final Four was awesome. I didn't cry after any of these events.

Heck, I didn't cry at my wedding or at the births of either of my children, so crying over a sporting event would be pretty ridiculous.

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
I’m sure when I was a kid, don’t remember specifics. I cried in 10 when we won the CWS. I was grown then. My wife of 1 year at the time didn’t understand, I think she would now that she’s gotten invested. I still get goose bumps and teary eyed almost every 2001, especially if my kids are with me. It’s so emotional watching them as excited as I was when I was their age. Came close when Lattimore got injured. Close to happy tears when we upset #1 Bama in 2010, that was emotional with my dad, in person at the game. Then, losing the next week to KY. I didn’t cry but I did rip my favorite gamecock shirt in half, hulk hogan style, right off my neck.

ScWildthing61

Jan 23, 2022
Dont think I cried but the worse I have felt was losing to Kentucky the week after beating Alabama...to be on such a high and to come crashing down like that was tough....to this day I still hate Randall Cobb

That 2002 Georgia game is all I would ever see anytime David Pollack was on
ESPN, thought he was a good commentator on there, but a part of me still hates him to this day because of that
game.

The worst I ever felt after a Gamecock
loss though was the LSU loss in 2012. That still feels like the season that got away

Freddie.B.Cocky

Joined Jul 19, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
The Navy game of 1984 I was so distraught I went into my basement and almost throw up.

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
Don't have to reveal your age or the game or the year. No explanation needed. No judgment here.

My answer: Yes.
Definitely had a few tears rolling in the stands after Bama 2010. Was with my dad and my cousin. Wishing my grandfather had still been around to see it.

Now number of times I’ve broken something in anger watching a game…at least half a dozen over the years. Some intentional…some regretful accidents fueled by emotion.