Have you ever cried after a USC football game?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Don't have to reveal your age or the game or the year. No explanation needed. No judgment here.

My answer: Yes.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Not really. Came close after we beat UF to win the East, and beat Bama in 2010. But my eyes did water up when I saw Part’s knee flapping around against UT. That was hard.

Reactions: Irvin Snibbley
Mar 24, 2022
Not really. Came close after we beat UF to win the East, and beat Bama in 2010. But my eyes did water up when I saw Part’s knee flapping around against UT. That was hard.
I still remember that as well...Carolina ended up winning the game after a Clowney strip sack but the mood of the crowd leaving the stadium was very somber...I'd guess that more than a few eyes shed tears that day....Still hate it for Marcus.

Not only did the whole Carolina team go out to console Marcus,but a large number of Tennessee players as well.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Y'all need to get in touch with your emotions! haha I took losses HARD when I was a kid. My world revolved around whether the Cocks won or lost. And it didn't matter how bad we were, I went into every game fully expecting to dominate. My emotions tied to Gamecock football have evolved over the years.

As I grew, my utter confidence became hopeful optimism and instead of being utterly crushed when we would lose, I would be extremely disappointed, replaying the game in my head as I went to bed that night.

That hopeful optimism gave way to hopeless pessimism and extreme disappointment over losses gave way to resigned ambivalence.

Captain_Obvious

Feb 18, 2022
Muschamp helped me become much more apethetic.
Never cried after a game but have lost sleep. I usually reference the ‘07 vandy loss. I think that one bothered me the rest of the season.

Carolina took a few shelackings when I was a kid that tore me up. Some to a nearby team that a lot of my extended family roots for. But what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger right? Also makes victory that much sweeter!
Win lose or tie, Gamecock til I die!

Reactions: MrCockStrong

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Muschamp helped me become much more apethetic.
Never cried after a game but have lost sleep. I usually reference the ‘07 vandy loss. I think that one bothered me the rest of the season.

Carolina took a few shelackings when I was a kid that tore me up. Some to a nearby team that a lot of my extended family roots for. But what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger right? Also makes victory that much sweeter!
Win lose or tie, Gamecock til I die!
Oooh. That's a good one. #6 in the country. Had won @UGA (#11), had a tough loss @LSU (#2), beat UK (#8). Then....

Lost to Vandy in one of the ugliest games I've ever seen...couldn't score a TD.
We overcame a 3 TD 2nd half deficit against UT, only to have them tie it up with a last second FG...then win in OT with a FG.
DMac and Felix Jones ran for 500 on us. I'll never forget Marc Jones saying "Dmac is gettin his mack on tonight!"
Tebow scored 7 TDs on us...you're welcome for the Heisman.
Clem beat us on a last second FG after we had them in 3rd & 18. Get that stop and we win the game.

Finished 6-6 and didn't get a bowl b/c the SEC had too many bowl eligible teams. It was the first year of Saban at Bama. They finished 6-6 as well and got picked over us, even though they didn't have any wins as good as ours and lost to Louisiana Monroe. We've had our share of bad seasons, but IMO that one hurts just as bad (maybe worse) than 0-11. So much promise in the first 6 games, and so much heartbreak and sheer embarrassment in the last 6. Honestly kind of tearing up right now. :(

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Not football, but I know quite a few men that were crying at 11:55 pm June 29, 2010. My dad was one of them.
By all means, please come by Sec 4, Row 1, seat 18 next season and tell him he needs to wear a dress. That would be really fun to watch.
Absolutely. Me too. The first national championship any USC fan had been able to see. I'll never forget that.

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022
Dont think I cried but the worse I have felt was losing to Kentucky the week after beating Alabama...to be on such a high and to come crashing down like that was tough....to this day I still hate Randall Cobb

Reactions: RAtheOLcoach

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
No but I saw a Clemson fan cry before

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Dont think I cried but the worse I have felt was losing to Kentucky the week after beating Alabama...to be on such a high and to come crashing down like that was tough....to this day I still hate Randall Cobb
Good one...Kenny had just passed as well. Just a terrible week.

80and90gcock

Joined Nov 20, 2003 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Not football, but I know quite a few men that were crying at 11:55 pm June 29, 2010. My dad was one of them.
By all means, please come by Sec 4, Row 1, seat 18 next season and tell him he needs to wear a dress. That would be really fun to watch.
Damn straight.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022
I with go ahead and throw it out there. I guaran-damn-tee that if we are ever the ones hoisting the trophy at the end of football season, EVERY Gamecock fan, male and female, will be crying.
I probably will for a championship....I admit I shed like 2 tears when the Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017....I think that was more relief tears than celebratory tears....it was a long time coming

Reactions: USCBatgirl21

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
27 - 24 loss to Nebraska at WB in '86 was a killer. I still remember the Harold Green fumble which let them back in the game we had well in hand. Opportunity to make a statement slipped away. No tears but a lot of pounding of the fist.

HillsToSea

Joined Apr 12, 2020
Jan 25, 2022
27 - 24 loss to Nebraska at WB in '86 was a killer. I still remember the Harold Green fumble which let them back in the game we had well in hand. Opportunity to make a statement slipped away. No tears but a lot of pounding of the fist.
Wasn’t that’87?

Skuddy

Feb 23, 2022
31-30 got me a little emotional.

Both Baseball NC's got a little teary eyed....... and still do sometimes.

Mauze1

Joined Jul 11, 2012
Jan 20, 2022
Don't have to reveal your age or the game or the year. No explanation needed. No judgment here.

My answer: Yes.
The closest I came to crying after an SC game was when I went to Aan Arbor sandwiched between two Michigan fans. WE WON! Things were very quiet on the way home. I sat in the back seat. Finally, the driver said “ I can’t take this anymore, let’s stop for a drink.” I swear on my mothers grave the name of that bar turned out to be THE GAMECOCK LOUNGE. true story.

kidrobinski

Jan 30, 2022
That was Raynard Brown that fumbled on swing pass that had enough for the first down and would likely have iced the game for us with two minutes left. Nebraska scored and took the lead, we worked the ball frantically down the field before getting intercepted at the Nebraska 10.

GCJerryUSC

Joined Aug 19, 2001
Jan 17, 2022
I sure felt like it after losing to Navy in '84.
After all these years, that still hurts. We will never know where our pgm would be if we had won that game and played for a NC. GCs had a good start. Maybe they were over confident or maybe even they didn't care that much. I would have been motivated to the moon.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
That was Raynard Brown that fumbled on swing pass that had enough for the first down and would likely have iced the game for us with two minutes left. Nebraska scored and took the lead, we worked the ball frantically down the field before getting intercepted at the Nebraska 10.
My stepfather was on the Nebraska sideline for that game. He is a USC grad but one of his Army buddies was an asst coach at Nebraska and got him an all access pass with the Nebraska team for that game. He met his friend and the team at the hotel for breakfast and spent the whole day with the Nebraska team. He said when USC was winning late he looked over at Tom Osborne expecting him to be screaming and stressed and he said Osborne could have been standing on the beach watching waves come in he looked so calm. When Nebraska took the lead late, Osborne clapped and looked a little more relieved but didn't go crazy at all. Being on the Nebraska sideline and having spent time with their team made the loss easier for him to bear.

After the game, my stepfather asked his buddy in the locker room about Osborne being so calm. The guy told him he was always like that in games. My stepfather asked him if he was nervous there at the end and the guy said "yeah, I was a little nervous but we always know we are going to win the game". If you look up Nebraska's record when Osborne was there, they really were a powerhouse program. He said back in those days, top players from the Midwest would turn down scholarships to walk on at Nebraska, they were that dominant.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
You are correct Brown not Green
Old man discount = bad memory 🙏

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
I felt like crying after that 2014 tAm game. That’s when I knew Spurrier had been in retirement mode and let the program go downhill.

I don’t think they’ve done anything to make me cry in happiness. There are some Sandstorm hype videos on YouTube that give me goosebumps….
The opening to the 2012 UGA game gave me chills. There was something about the pre-game atmosphere that where you knew that Carolina was going to come out and kill whoever they played. Unfortunate for UGA, it was them. I spent the next week walking around Columbia with my chest poked out like a peacock.

But cry? No.

If we win an SEC or National Championship I would cry for sure though.

Last edited:

kidrobinski

Jan 30, 2022
After all these years, that still hurts. We will never know where our pgm would be if we had won that game and played for a NC. GCs had a good start. Maybe they were over confident or maybe even they didn't care that much. I would have been motivated to the moon.
Watched that game on tv; our captains came out for the opening toss with their hair styled and chests puffed out. Wouldn’t be surprised if they had a touch of stage makeup on too; I remarked to my brother right then it didn’t feel right. That one took a loooong time to get over.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
On the inside almost every season I've been lucid enough to know what Carolina Football is.
The sickest I have ever been, was when the UT linebacker dove into Marcus's leg. I was stunned and sick from it.

Yemacock

Joined Apr 6, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
As Marcus Lattimore lay on the ground and all the players on both teams came out and stood around him. Seeing the sadness and respect at that time made my eyes water.

Reactions: T8RH8R

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Yes & sometimes before kick off during 2001!
I don’t remember crying when Connor Shaw worked here

NYC_Gamecock

Joined Jun 16, 2007
Feb 5, 2022
Maybe not full blown crying but I did get teary-eyed after we whooped Clemson 31-30 by "snapping victory from the jaws of defeat". Can't wait till we do the same beating on them in November at Willy B!!!

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Only time I can think of would be seeing the line outside the bathroom?