Hershey Kisses are the State candy!

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
...of Mexico?
That's just a fallacy. You should stop by Hershey sometime. The "new" facility that opened about 10 years ago to produce goods produced at the old factory has continually been expanded and is now over twice it's original size. A new factory will soon be opened on the land between the Reese's and their research and development facility. I don't know the square footage but it is huge.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Better stock up before Hersheys raises the price to reflect current cocoa pricing.

Last edited:

Achowalogan

Oct 12, 2021
That's just a fallacy. You should stop by Hershey sometime. The "new" facility that opened about 10 years ago to produce goods produced at the old factory has continually been expanded and is now over twice it's original size. A new factory will soon be opened on the land between the Reese's and their research and development facility. I don't know the square footage but it is huge.
I have purchased Hershey chocolate products in Hershey PA that we’re manufactured in Mexico

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Reese’s Big Cup and archery season for me is nuts! I never hunt without them… gonna stop this year cuz I know they are not healthy… especially when you hunt as much as I do

Reactions: TiogaLion and LB99

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Love the Mallo Cup but absolutely hate the smoothie.
I tried a Mallo Cup when I was a kid. Ugh. 🤮 Almost everyone else loved them so I thought I must have been some kind of freak. I've never liked marshmallows so therein lies my problem. The texture really weirds me out. And Easter peeps? Disgusting. I don't get why anyone would buy those things. I'd opt for a Hershey's kiss instead.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
I will also add my second choice : Wilbur Buds Litiz Pa excellent chocolate products as well
Wilbur and Milton Hershey were in business together. Not sure why they split up but both companies make good products just not on the same scale.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Here is an aerial of the four Hershey facilities that I mentioned above. Lower left you see the Technical Center. Continue up Chocolate Avenue and you'll see the Reese plant and in-between in the construction area for the newest plant. For those familiar with Hershey the original Friendly's Restaurant was on this construction plot. On the backside of this view is the plant that replaced the old plant which is still there (not sure what it's being used for). If you scroll up Chocolate you can compare the size of the old plant to the plant which replaced it.

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I tried a Mallo Cup when I was a kid. Ugh. 🤮 Almost everyone else loved them so I thought I must have been some kind of freak. I've never liked marshmallows so therein lies my problem. The texture really weirds me out. And Easter peeps? Disgusting. I don't get why anyone would buy those things. I'd opt for a Hershey's kiss instead.
I agree on all points! I grew up near Boyer and I never liked the Mallow Cup. Reese’s PB Cups are so much better. And peeps…disgusting.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Anybody else save the Mallo Cup coins?
I loved Mallo Cups when I was a kid, but I haven't had one since. On Halloween when home trading with my sisters they knew they could get any piece of candy they wanted from me for a Mallo Cup.

Last edited:

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I loved Mallo Cups when I was a kid, but I haven't had one since. On Halloween when home trading with my sisters they knew they could get any piece of candy they wanted from me for a Mallo Cup.
I used to save the coins. $5 got you a free box of 10. I always asked for 5 Mallo Cups and 5 Peanut Butter Smoothies.

We passed through Altoona a couple of years ago and stopped in the factory store and discovered Clark Cups and Jimmie Stix. It wasn't a good day for my diet.

• Haha
Reactions: LionJim