Hey @HIstone

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
congrats to Faye. She was 1st Team in the 2021 PA High School Field Hockey Coaches Association All-State Teams for Class A.

CLICK HERE for the teams.

And now back to your regular wrestling coverage. ;)
Thanks Tom! She was pleasantly surprised that she was selected. She was also selected to the academic all state team with a 4.4 GPA.

It's cool to read the list of all-staters, I am grateful that I was able to coach all the Sem and Lake-Lehman girls in Lax. We were dominant. I take all the credit🤣🤣

This weekend she is in VA to try to help her team qualify for the National indoor tournament.

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
Thanks Tom! She was pleasantly surprised that she was selected. She was also selected to the academic all state team with a 4.4 GPA.

It's cool to read the list of all-staters, I am grateful that I was able to coach all the Sem and Lake-Lehman girls in Lax. We were dominant. I take all the credit🤣🤣

This weekend she is in VA to try to help her team qualify for the National indoor tournament.
@Hlstone Those names on the list from Sem (Barbacci & Olshemski) sound like Lake-Lehman names to me. Its tough to pass up all Sem's educational and other advantages.

Still, Oh what could have been for the Black Knights.

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
@Hlstone Those names on the list from Sem (Barbacci & Olshemski) sound like Lake-Lehman names to me. Its tough to pass up all Sem's educational and other advantages.

I’ve got two brothers who live in Lehman school district and one texted me yesterday there was a school board meeting he was planning to attend. Hope all went well. Same brother’s daughter was all state at Lehman in field hockey and got a scholarship to PSU and played there. The other daughter got a scholarship to Temple, same sport. The other brother has tickets for PSU wrestling and he gave the other brother full authority to act on his behalf at the school board meeting. 😉

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021

The 2 girls you mentioned could have gone to LL. Barbacci's mom is the assistant coach at Sem. Great family. Olshemski was always going to Sem from the get go. Those 2 girls were my scorers in Lax. Faye was fortunate to be on the same FH club teams with them for 5 years.

The girls really wanted Faye to come to Sem with them. But, Faye wants to be valedictorian at LL and as she put it,"I'm not a Blue Knight, I'm a Black Knight"

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
I’ve got two brothers who live in Lehman school district and one texted me yesterday there was a school board meeting he was planning to attend. Hope all went well. Same brother’s daughter was all state at Lehman in field hockey and got a scholarship to PSU and played there. The other daughter got a scholarship to Temple, same sport. The other brother has tickets for PSU wrestling and he gave the other brother full authority to act on his behalf at the school board meeting. 😉
. Any idea what the hot topic was at the school board meeting?

Temple was interested in Faye, but the city setting wasn't something she was interested in.

PSU showed no interest. We were pretty bummed out, but Northwestern is a perfect fit for her. My only requirement was that she chose a school with a wrestling program

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
The 2 girls you mentioned could have gone to LL. Barbacci's mom is the assistant coach at Sem. Great family. Olshemski was always going to Sem from the get go. Those 2 girls were my scorers in Lax. Faye was fortunate to be on the same FH club teams with them for 5 years.

The girls really wanted Faye to come to Sem with them. But, Faye wants to be valedictorian at LL and as she put it,"I'm not a Blue Knight, I'm a Black Knight"
I wonder why? The older Olshemski went to LL and played for IU in the B10. Right?

Reactions: Hlstone

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
I wonder why? The older Olshemski went to LL and played for IU in the B10. Right?
Correct, I don't want to share the details on a message board.
It all worked out for everyone. The younger is going to be playing at IU as well..So Faye will be able to see her friend at least once a year! I will make sure I go to those games. The parents are amazing people too.

Reactions: ptomaselli

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
. Any idea what the hot topic was at the school board meeting?

Temple was interested in Faye, but the city setting wasn't something she was interested in.

PSU showed no interest. We were pretty bummed out, but Northwestern is a perfect fit for her. My only requirement was that she chose a school with a wrestling program
I don't know what the school board meeting was all about, texted my brother and he's yet to respond. I suspect if/ when he texts me back it'll be a picture of his feet stretched out in front of a woodturner, cold drink in hand and no response on the outcome of the meeting. Best of luck to your a\daughter! I'm sure you're very proud of her! - and good call on the school that has a wrestling program.

• Love
Reactions: Hlstone

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
Meeting was mask now optional. Discussed stopping contact tracing. I don’t think that passed, but not positive. Lots off extracurricular activities on hold for a few more days.
Thank you.
The contact tracing remains.

Latest posts