How bad was our bullpen last night?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Mississippi hadn't come back to win a game all year, 0-16 when trailing after 7 innings. We let them come back 3 times after the 7th inning last night. We're not going to go far if we can't close out games against bad teams. I thought the one play that summarized the entire game for both teams was when UM had the winning run at 2nd and he tried to steal third on a pitch in the dirt, was thrown out by 15 feet, only for our 3B to somehow miss the tag, but the runner overslid the base and was out anyway. Just a comedy of errors and poor play by both teams.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Ole miss is bad.

But this shows we don’t have the talent to over come not playing well.

we will probably win today, winning the series, and everyone will forget about last night. But losses like that is what keeps you from hosting and competing for championships

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ole miss is bad.

we will probably win today, winning the series, and everyone will forget about last night. But losses like that is what keeps you from hosting and competing for championships
Nothing would surprise me from today's game. Blowout win or blowout loss. I don't know that we have much pitching left after last night, but I doubt Mississippi does either. Still think this team is a lot closer to making or missing the tournament than it is to hosting or not hosting. Our schedule so far has been pathetic. And virtually no chance to get our RPI much higher than the #45 it is right now.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Nothing would surprise me from today's game. Blowout win or blowout loss. I don't know that we have much pitching left after last night, but I doubt Mississippi does either. Still think this team is a lot closer to making or missing the tournament than it is to hosting or not hosting. Our schedule so far has been pathetic. And virtually no chance to get our RPI much higher than the #45 it is right now.
Agree. We have work to do. Plus our early season schedule doesn’t look so tough right now. Only team in the league that we’ve played with a winning conference record is TxAM. LSU and Floridia both look like non tournament teams, that goes for ole miss as well

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Still think this team is a lot closer to making or missing the tournament than it is to hosting or not hosting. Our schedule so far has been pathetic. And virtually no chance to get our RPI much higher than the #45 it is right now.
Zero chance that we host. Zero.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree. We have work to do. Plus our early season schedule doesn’t look so tough right now. Only team in the league that we’ve played with a winning conference record is TxAM. LSU and Floridia both look like non tournament teams, that goes for ole miss as well
Tried to tell people teams like LSU and Florida weren't good back when we played them. SEC teams we've played are 20-31 in the league. Take out 7-7 vs us and that's 13-24. Take out 6 games vs each other and that's 7-18.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Ole miss is bad.

Should have swept FL, GA and OM.
We didn’t and we lose way too many close games both midweek and weekend and most of that is on a below average bullpen and anemic hitting at times.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Should have swept FL, GA and OM.
We didn’t and we lose way too many close games both midweek and weekend and most of that is on a below average bullpen and anemic hitting at times.
At some point when you keep losing games you “should” win, you realize you’re just not as good as you think you are.

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
Tried to tell people teams like LSU and Florida weren't good back when we played them. SEC teams we've played are 20-31 in the league. Take out 7-7 vs us and that's 13-24. Take out 6 games vs each other and that's 7-18.
Pat my man, I read a lot of things you say and think. i say and think a lot of what you post. We are so inconsistent and Lemonis decision making is awful.
How can you go 2 1/2 years without signing a closer?

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Pat my man, I read a lot of things you say and think. i say and think a lot of what you post. We are so inconsistent and Lemonis decision making is awful.
How can you go 2 1/2 years without signing a closer?
simple. putting all your eggs in one basket and not having a backup plan. he's done that over and over again for the past 4 or 5 years.