How desirable is living in California?

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Here’s a list of the lowest ranked (worst) cities in ’Merika.

139.Los AngelesCalifornia
140.HoustonTexas
141.DaytonOhio
142.Vallejo-FairfieldCalifornia
143.SalinasCalifornia
144.MemphisTennessee
145.ModestoCalifornia
146.FresnoCalifornia
147.VisaliaCalifornia
148.StocktonCalifornia
149.BakersfieldCalifornia
150.San JuanPuerto Rico

8 of the nationwide bottom-worst are in California, including 6 of the bottom 7.

This is what liberal policies have done to the Golden State.

By the way SFO Is also way down and LA even lower.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Here’s a list of the lowest ranked (worst) cities in ’Merika.

139.Los AngelesCalifornia
140.HoustonTexas
141.DaytonOhio
142.Vallejo-FairfieldCalifornia
143.SalinasCalifornia
144.MemphisTennessee
145.ModestoCalifornia
146.FresnoCalifornia
147.VisaliaCalifornia
148.StocktonCalifornia
149.BakersfieldCalifornia
150.San JuanPuerto Rico

8 of the nationwide bottom-worst are in California, including 6 of the bottom 7.

This is what liberal policies have done to the Golden State.

By the way SFO Is also way down and LA even lower.

Who made the list? How did they evaluate cities?

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
California democRATS have selected, which industries will profitable, and will “win.”

My suggestion… Get into one of their selected “green” industries.

As long as I stay two steps ahead of the high taxes, and the democrats keep pushing EV Charger installs….

I’m SOLID, NOT going anywhere. My BEST 20 years, have been the last 20 years.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

Compassion for others, in the collective not the select, is wholly missing from leftist ideology.

bdavis711

Jan 26, 2022
Where is this data from? And yes, LA is not the best place to live in California but guess what California is a huge state. You can find a list to support you claims cause that is what we do. We go to sites till we find the 1 that supports what we are posting lol! For every city like LA in California there is a San Diego or Irvine or Laguna Beach or Big Bear, see where I'm going with this. California is too big a state to just judge the whole state on LA and SF!

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
There is no question Coastal California has incredible weather, there is nothing close to it in the US. After that, what do you have? Honestly? USC can’t draw flies unless it has a Top 10 team. Why? Because going to the games is hard because of traffic and congestion. Until this weather season, California was a parched tinderbox with high taxes and no secure energy plan.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
There is no question Coastal California has incredible weather, there is nothing close to it in the US. After that, what do you have? Honestly? USC can’t draw flies unless it has a Top 10 team. Why? Because going to the games is hard because of traffic and congestion. Until this weather season, California was a parched tinderbox with high taxes and no secure energy plan.
Brah, I'll take California ova Florida without losing any sleep. You guys have to deal with Hurricane threats maybe 3+ times a year, Crazy Governor, ultra conversative politics, Mucho Bugs, sink holes, hot humid summers, zero mountains, below average health care system ( ranked #40 in country-national stats), low paying jobs-national average. OK, Florida has many good things: mucho beaches, great water activities-sports, no state income tax, nice winters.

Yeah, California has it's bad things as well. Things certainly have changed since we moved here in 1975. Over all I'll take California over Florida all day long...

Last edited:

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Where is this data from? And yes, LA is not the best place to live in California but guess what California is a huge state. You can find a list to support you claims cause that is what we do. We go to sites till we find the 1 that supports what we are posting lol! For every city like LA in California there is a San Diego or Irvine or Laguna Beach or Big Bear, see where I'm going with this. California is too big a state to just judge the whole state on LA and SF!
But it’s very costly anywhere.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
The Central Valley is devastated by over regulation making it hard for farmers to scratch out a living.
Not surprised there are so many cities on that list.
I know several farmers in the Central Valley and they do just fine with under regulation. My parents used to farm there and I know how easy it was to set up a farm. Cheap rental farm land and cheap water. A good friend of mine is a strawberry grower on a smaller scale.

Central Valley farming is not like farming on the coast. The majority consist of high water usage crops like nuts, citrus (tree's) and raisin grapes, etc.

The smaller farms that specialize in more ethnic crops actually do great and they even create, supply, and support their own economy. Most of the one's I'm familiar with are something like 2-5 acres only.

As far as I know the regulation is water based because they don't use wells like we do on the "101 Coast". ;)

Back around 2009 or so a friend of mine bought a 100 acre nut farm and he got rid of it because he was always fighting for water. I forgot where the water was coming from but it wasn't a well. I believe it's all aqueduct water and that's where the regulation is.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Very few "Farmers" left in central Valley. Most of the land is owned and farmed by by large corporations
And that's where the fight is because they use a lot of water. I sometimes fish in an area that's owned by one corporation that is probably 400 square miles. They grow hay and cotton from what I can tell.

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
Brah, I'll take California ova Florida without losing any sleep. You guys have to deal with Hurricane threats maybe 3+ times a year, Crazy Govenor, ultra conversative politics, Mucho Bugs, sink holes, hot humid summers, zero mountains, below average health care system ( ranked #40 in country-national stats), low paying jobs-national average. OK, Florida has many good things: mucho beaches, great water activities-sports, no state income tax, nice winters.

Yeah, California has it's bad things as well. Things certainly have changed since we moved here in 1975. Over all I'll take California over Florida all day long...
Florida and California are much different. I wasn’t saying Florida is better. If you like water sports, boating, and golf, Fl blows California away. If you like biking and hiking, Fl sucks.

Crazy governor? Crazier than Gavin? I don’t know about that. lol

If you have the money/ equity, Coastal California is the best. Once you get few miles inland tho, California gets pretty average. In California, you are kinda imprisoned by the traffic congestion. You limit your life, because you must.

But mostly it is about what one enjoys. 40 years ago, ask any resident about their feelings about California life, I bet you got a 90% favorable response. You won’t get that nowadays tho, for sure.

4thamp1

Aug 24, 2017
And that's where the fight is because they use a lot of water. I sometimes fish in an area that's owned by one corporation that is probably 400 square miles. They grow hay and cotton from what I can tell.
It is more than just direct replacement of corporations taking over or water rights.
Victor Davis Hanson is a farmer and professor of history and gives his viewpoint of what he had witnessed:

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
What happened 45 years ago was Prop. 13 passed. A necessary step at the time -- homeowners property taxes were being re-assessed every few months -- but the cure was worse than the disease.

The long-term ramifications of Prop 13 have been a disaster. CA went from having one of the best educational systems in the country to one of the worst. QOL began to sinkin the 1980s and has never recovered. If you make a good living CA is still a nice place to live -- but you'll need to pay for private schools, private security service, etc. in order to maintain a comfortable life here.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
How does a large corporate farm use more than a small farm? Crops don’t know who’s growing them.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
What happened 45 years ago was Prop. 13 passed. A necessary step at the time -- homeowners property taxes were being re-assessed every few months -- but the cure was worse than the disease.

The long-term ramifications of Prop 13 have been a disaster. CA went from having one of the best educational systems in the country to one of the worst. QOL began to sinkin the 1980s and has never recovered. If you make a good living CA is still a nice place to live -- but you'll need to pay for private schools, private security service, etc. in order to maintain a comfortable life here.
Poor privileged white guy with private security. How’s that work for the masses?

And as far as schooling goes, $13k+\kid is almost 3x what I spent sending my kids to a private school. Maybe if we focused more on teachers and less on peripherals, they’d actually learn something.

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017

Yeah…

“IF ONLY… we had MORE of YOUR tax dollars, to spend.“

Says… EVERY liberal democRAT politician.

Actually…

Your liberal ideas failed, (45 years ago) and you jackasses, (after being in control of the state government ever since) still haven’t figured it out.

Liberal. Social. Ideas. EQUALS. FAILURE.

🖕😎✌️

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Florida and California are much different. I wasn’t saying Florida is better. If you like water sports, boating, and golf, Fl blows California away. If you like biking and hiking, Fl sucks.

If you have the money/ equity, Coastal California is the best. Once you get few miles inland tho, California gets pretty average. In California, you are kinda imprisoned by the traffic congestion. You limit your life, because you must.

But mostly it is about what one enjoys. 40 years ago, ask any resident about their feelings about California life, I bet you got a 90% favorable response. You won’t get that nowadays tho, for sure.
No arguement to most what you said about California now vs 40+ years ago. But, I've been to Florida many times and do not like the weather, bugs, politics and Hurricane threats. Yeah, Florida has its good things, but the annual Hurricane threats are terrible to deal with.

When it comes to Governors, Florida's DeSantis is one Crazy Mo Fo. He acts like he's a Mobster Kingpin or Wildwest gunslinger. I do not like Gavin policies and style, but comparing the two, Gavin is an alter boy.

Eh you left Calif and now live in Florida good for you and your family. Glad you're happy living there....

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Yeah…

“IF ONLY… we had MORE of YOUR tax dollars, to spend.“

Says… EVERY liberal democRAT politician.

Actually…

Your liberal ideas failed, (45 years ago) and you jackasses, (after being in control of the state government ever since) still haven’t figured it out.

Liberal. Social. Ideas. EQUALS. FAILURE.

🖕😎✌️
Remember when the lotto (that replaced prop13 funds, although these creeps always forget) was supposed to fund education in California forever?

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
Great points but no matter where you live in Cali you will still be in one of the most expensive states to live in. Calif is one of the most beautiful in the country but we also have the most highly taxed gasoline, now natural gas, electricity in he country. I am a native Californian who grew up and still live in the San Gabriel valley and have watched this area erode in most every way. I wanted to buy at Lake Arrowhead but the feeding frenzy up there during covid priced me out.

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017

NO governor is crazier, or cares less about the people he represents, than Gavin. It's not humanly possible. It's really sad what he's done to our once-Golden State. On the other hand, I have several friends who have moved from OC to FL and they LOVE DeSantis. So there's that.

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Great points but no matter where you live in Cali you will still be in one of the most expensive states to live in. Calif is one of the most beautiful in the country but we also have the most highly taxed gasoline, now natural gas, electricity in he country. I am a native Californian who grew up and still live in the San Gabriel valley and have watched this area erode in most every way. I wanted to buy at Lake Arrowhead but the feeding frenzy up there during covid priced me out.
I want to get out but I can't leave my family or the ocean.

Latest posts