How Does JC stack up ?

leftackle70

Redshirt
Oct 4, 2017
152
0
0
I've watched WVU basketball for many years. I've seen some great guard play.

I thought guys like Greg Jones and Dale Blaney were great players

Basey, Nichols and Tracy were good players ... and so many others at guard.

In recent years I said Staten is the best I've seen at WVU. And a hard worker as well.

But Now I think based on stats and 4 years of evidence that JC is the Best maybe since the end of the West, Hundley and Thorn era ...

Am I correct?
 

BobbyBoucheer

All-Conference
May 29, 2014
21,917
1,994
0
I've watched WVU basketball for many years. I've seen some great guard play.

I thought guys like Greg Jones and Dale Blaney were great players

Basey, Nichols and Tracy were good players ... and so many others at guard.

In recent years I said Staten is the best I've seen at WVU. And a hard worker as well.

But Now I think based on stats and 4 years of evidence that JC is the Best maybe since the end of the West, Hundley and Thorn era ...

Am I correct?

JYD is the best all around player we have had in a long long time......

I would say the best defensive player ever...
 

3xWVUenginEER

Freshman
Dec 7, 2005
6,818
65
0
DeSean Butler is the best I've ever seen. Not only was he talented, but he made everyone on the floor better.

I felt so bad when he was injured because that injury cost him A LOT OF $$,$$$,$$$.
 

KeatonsCorner

Senior
Nov 5, 2012
55,421
679
113
If you are building a team out of WVU parts

And go to choose a PG.... and that PG isn’t Juwan Staten.....


You done ****** up
 
Feb 15, 2005
7,083
60
0
If you are building a team out of WVU parts

And go to choose a PG.... and that PG isn’t Juwan Staten.....


You done ****ed up

This. Staten was better at driving, fitting through narrow gaps, and passing than Carter. Not dogging on Carter, just Staten was a beast PG. Him with JC as a shooting guard and defensive bulldog ... would be pretty good for the Gold and Blue.
 

WVpride304

Redshirt
Dec 27, 2017
2,594
0
0
Greg Jones was the best by far. Tracy Shelton was NBA bound before his wrists kept breaking and destroyed his career. Then Shelton had a knee issue. Before the injuries Tracy Shelton was the best pure scorer at guard in a long time.

Greg Jones was incredible. If he had Jevon Carters work ethic he would have been in the NBA Hall of Fame now.
 

WVpride304

Redshirt
Dec 27, 2017
2,594
0
0
Staten senior year was so so. I think the knee injury slowed him down. He didn’t have the same explosion. He was ok but he was bothered with that knee.
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Football Numbers and Notes: Iowa State
  2. 02 WV Sports Football Cam Torbor: West Virginia defense must be ready to get back at it
  3. 03 WV Sports Football 5 Takeaways from West Virginia’s 45-42 defeat against Iowa State
  4. 04 WV Sports Football West Virginia football snap counts: Iowa State
  5. 05 WV Sports Football West Virginia offense plays well, but still room for growth