How good is Curtis Jacobs?

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Do we go portal next year or roll with our backups? Katshir has seen the most snaps. Elsdon, King, and Buddin have barely gotten clean up time.

Curious about Jaylon Reed. He played vs OSU some. Didn't pay attention, but who was he in for? Seems like he got Sutherland snaps and hovered the LoS. Move Jacobs to the box next year?

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
Jacobs seems to make a lot of the plays that Smith doesn’t. I’m sure Smith will test well enough at the combine to be a 1st or 2nd rounder but gimme the consistency of Jacobs and Brooks over Smith all day. Brooks reminds me of Cabinda in a lot of ways as well.

Reactions: DCLion11

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
Jacobs seems to make a lot of the plays that Smith doesn’t. I’m sure Smith will test well enough at the combine to be a 1st or 2nd rounder but gimme the consistency of Jacobs and Brooks over Smith all day. Brooks reminds me of Cabinda in a lot of ways as well.
Yes, Brooks is really playing well.

Two years ago I thought Brooks looked more like Gino Capone than Cabinda. But that's what makes college football fun - seeing many of the players that initially look like deer in headlights progress and become team leaders.

As a pretty successful coach used to say, "the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores"

;)

Last edited:

WeAre

Oct 7, 2021
Yes, Brooks is really playing well.

Two years ago I thought Brooks looked more like Gino Capone than Cabinda. But that's what makes college football fun - seeing many of the players that initially look like deer in headlights progress and become team leaders.

As a pretty successful coach would say, "the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores"

;)
Agreed and I would add that the position move to DE made Luketta a new man. He's exceeded expectations there.

Latest posts