HS Football updates.......Please post if you have scores.....Here's what I got so far....

hotdigitydog

May 21, 2007
HS Football updates.......Please post if you have scores.....Here's what I got so far....

5 minutes to go and Amory leads Corinth 28-24

At the half it's Itawamba 14 and Noxubee Co. 14

Tupelo leads 13-3 at the half over NW Rankin..........

Ripley 14 / Aberdeen 0 at the half

hotdigitydog

May 21, 2007

5 minutes to go and Amory leads Corinth 28-24

At the half it's Itawamba 14 and Noxubee Co. 14

Tupelo leads 13-3 at the half over NW Rankin..........

Ripley 14 / Aberdeen 0 at the half

TheBigDA

Aug 29, 2008

Tupelo was down 13 - 16 at the half

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007

yuku

tat2ed

Nov 1, 2007

Petal fumbled a kick off and Natchez is running out the clock

Edited to add: That is the final score.

tat2ed

Nov 1, 2007

The score was 21-20 early in the 4th.

Gene Swindoll

Jul 28, 2008

Lawrence County had the highest points per game in the state coming in (47.5)...Hardy got shut down....Corvell Harrison from NEJ had over 100 yards recieving, 2 td's, caught a diving interception in the endzone, blocked a field goal, and stripped hardy and then recovered the fumble......by the way, his brother is the best linebacker in the state, sec caliber....but will academics will be a problem

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008

That really makes you wonder about Garrett & Bumphis.

I wouldn't rank Bumphis in the top 10 in the state.

irondawg007

Jan 23, 2007

Anyone know the Picayune-Wayne Co score? ... Was hoping my boys from the "yune" would pull the upset.

TheBigDA

Aug 29, 2008

I take such joy in the sucktatude that is Tupelo.

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005

nm

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006

btw....i am from the 'yune

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007

sdfg

tat2ed

Nov 1, 2007

irondawg007 said:
Anyone know the Picayune-Wayne Co score? ... Was hoping my boys from the "yune" would pull the upset.

Wayne Co. 27
Yune 20

Edit: I missed Beachbum's post

TheBigDA

Aug 29, 2008

Said IHS vs New Hope next week.

KennyB

Mar 3, 2008

41-14, all d'Iberville. The game wasn't really even that close.</p>

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007

And by the way, Noxubee won.

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005

next week

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007

Edited to add: I need to learn how to reply to the right post.

whatever.sixpack

Jun 27, 2008

I went to the Tupelo game, no way they should've lost. They missed 2 field goals in the 4th qtr and one in OT.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006

cps36

Jul 14, 2008

no.

AnalRetentiveReb

Feb 15, 2007

I was unimpressed with the play of Garrett. He's big, but he's slow. NWR got in his face all night long. He was 6-11 for 57 yards. It rained sporadically during the night. He mishandled a few snaps, fumbling a few times, but was lucky enough that he or a teammate recovered. As for Garrett, he's got size, but that may be all he has. As I say, I was unimpressed.

On the other hand, Bumphis is a player. He's got speed, size and strength. They lined him up everywhere, even punter. He reads the blocks as punter and if he has room, as he did on one fourth down, he can elect to run, or kick. He's good.

cajundawg

Sep 13, 2008

jack are you a fellow "New Hopeian"?

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006

too and was VERY unimpressed with garrett. i mean i know it was raining in the first half, but he looked terrible. as you said, bumphis was not bad. i mean yeah tupelo did miss those two field goals but if nwr would have freakin covered the fake punt and not let bumphis run it 8000 yards on it they would have won in regulation so it goes both ways.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006

I have seen Bumphis at a combine but have never seen him in pads in the real game. The only knock I've ever heard about him is that he is much less a factor in a physical game - pop him hard early and you will take him out. Lampley on the hand, is tough as nails. I've seen him get pounded and get up and keep bring it at you. Based on what I've seen and heard I would lean toward Lampley between the two.

olemissbydamn

May 24, 2006

Bumpis is a great player.

Tupelo's problem is coaching.

Collins is a LA boy and insist on featuring Garrett. If he'd let Bumpis get the ball more often like he did when Garrett's ****** was sprained, they may have won more this season.

Jan 13, 2008

Bumphis probably had 25 touches last night. He's good, but I wasn't impressed that much. I don't see Garrett being a factor at LSU. I could be wrong though. Tupelo played the game by running the football. It looked like they didn't want Garrett to make any bad throws or decisions in crunch time. This kid is going to LSU and has two D-1 receivers on his team and they throw the ball 11 times with him? I know it was raining, but it was drizzling for about half the game.

Meanwhile in Meridian,

Russell goes 20-24 for 415 and 6TDs and runs for 80 yards and 2TD's. It must have been 85 degrees and sunny in Meridian or either Garrett blows.

davatron

May 28, 2007

lateku