I’m not sure Citrus Bowl is completely out….

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
They may very well take South Carolina, but with CFP expansion on the horizon and how that may look, especially how bowls will be involved, the folks at the Citrus may want to curry favor of the CFP Board of Managers Chair by inviting his school….

Last edited:

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
They may very well take South Carolina, but with CFP expansion on the horizon and how that may look, especially how bowls will be involved, the folks at the Citrus may want to curry favor of the CFP Board of Managers Char by inviting his school….
Animation Loop GIF by Pierre-Julien Fieux

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
It’s over. Get over it.
We should have taken care of business against KY and you wouldn’t be fretting.
Still going to be in Florida for a good bowl.

Reactions: onewoof

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
It’s over. Get over it.
We should have taken care of business against KY and you wouldn’t be fretting.
Still going to be in Florida for a good bowl.
I have nothing to get over, chief. I don’t really care, any of the 3 Florida bowls are all the same to me. God forbid I come to a MSU message board and offer a theory I haven’t seen mentioned.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
nashville or Houston will be easier for me to make. Most likely opponent is Purdue. Passing team.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
They may very well take South Carolina, but with CFP expansion on the horizon and how that may look, especially how bowls will be involved, the folks at the Citrus may want to curry favor of the CFP Board of Managers Chair by inviting his school….
Nah, they are going to take LSU

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Lately it seems like closer driving distance is a major decision factor despite pecking order

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Lately it seems like closer driving distance is a major decision factor despite pecking order
That’s what I’m saying

airline tickets are absurd

regional fan base driving distance a major factor. A family of four could shell out 2500 to three grand just for round trip tickets ?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We never had a shot at the Citrus Bowl. The only path to possible consideration of it (before not getting it) included SC losing. Now, that's gone. Once LSU loses to A&M, we'll be pushed down another slot.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We never had a shot at the Citrus Bowl. The only path to possible consideration of it (before not getting it) included SC losing. Now, that's gone. Once LSU loses to A&M, we'll be pushed down another slot.
Texas bowl or Vegas probably. Maybe Gator

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Looks like they want only 1 team from each power 5 in the finals

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

There is no getting “pushed down” after the Citrus Bowl until you get to the Bham and Gasparillo. They’re all equal bowls generally. SEC won’t put us back in Memphis, so it will be Jax, Tampa, Vegas, or Houston. Outside shot of Nashville but probably not there. Nothing wrong with any of those sites, and all have something unique to offer.

Reactions: Dawgg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
There is no getting “pushed down” after the Citrus Bowl until you get to the Bham and Gasparillo. They’re all equal bowls generally. SEC won’t put us back in Memphis, so it will be Jax, Tampa, Vegas, or Houston. Outside shot of Nashville but probably not there. Nothing wrong with any of those sites, and all have something unique to offer.
You must be a new Mississippi State fan.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Nashville would be cool because the Cowboys are playing the Titans the Thursday night before the bowl game. Of course, the cheapest tickets are $340.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Nashville would be cool because the Cowboys are playing the Titans the Thursday night before the bowl game. Of course, the cheapest tickets are $340.

Well, $340 is an expensive ticket. But if you sneak a tent in to the Titans game, you can save on hotels and bowl game tickets.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You must be a new Mississippi State fan.

Nah, got 30+ years under the belt. Its been a hell of a ride. I’m not sure what your point is, though….you think we’re headed right back to Memphis?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My guess
Georgia playoff
Tennessee Orange
Alabama Sugar
LSU citrus
USC Tampa
MSU Gator
Ole Miss Texas
Kentucky Liberty
Florida Music City
Mizzou Las Vegas
Arkansas Gasparilla
Vandy Birmingham bowl if they have the deal to get eligible at 5-7.

I feel like usc will get Tampa because they will travel. Gator likes us. Texas bowls love them some ole miss with all their Texas alumni and students. Mizzou will be sent to Vegas because it's kind of out there for an sec bowl, Kentucky usually ends up in liberty or music city. Florida hasn't been to one of the Tennessee bowls in a while so I feel like it's music city for them, will have 3 6-6 teams so one will get screwed with the second tier bowl.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’m not sure how they plan to calculate APR this year since they didn’t release rankings last year.

Vandy actually had a bad APR this past year (973, tied for 57th) which may damage their 4 year average.

Auburn actually had a higher APR (983, tied for 27th) this past year.